GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 17 19, 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
PostPosted: May 9 19, 9:42 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
G. Keenan wrote:
WTF?

Sick Teachers In California Have To Pay For Substitutes Out Of Their Own Paychecks — Even If They Have Cancer

What the hell is wrong with this country? Every single one of us is going to get sick at some point, and yet as soon as you are no longer useful to your employer, you are discarded. Why do we allow ourselves to be so disposable?

That'll teach them not to pay into the state disability insurance program

PostPosted: May 9 19, 10:00 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

G. Keenan wrote:
WTF?

Sick Teachers In California Have To Pay For Substitutes Out Of Their Own Paychecks — Even If They Have Cancer

What the hell is wrong with this country? Every single one of us is going to get sick at some point, and yet as soon as you are no longer useful to your employer, you are discarded. Why do we allow ourselves to be so disposable?

I’m not sure that it’s quite as unreasonable as it sounds. Don’t most people end up getting docked after using their allotted sick time? This just gives them additional sick leave less payment for a sub.
What i didn’t see is whether they could accrue their unused sick leave or use accrued vacation time before having to go into this extended sick leave status.

PostPosted: May 9 19, 10:15 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

lukethedrifter wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
WTF?

I’m not sure that it’s quite as unreasonable as it sounds. Don’t most people end up getting docked after using their allotted sick time? This just gives them additional sick leave less payment for a sub.
What i didn’t see is whether they could accrue their unused sick leave or use accrued vacation time before having to go into this extended sick leave status.

That's my point. You get sick, and once your sick leave runs out, you're up the creek and we just accept that logic as reasonable.

PostPosted: May 9 19, 11:26 am 
tl;dr

Does the FMLA promise any pay or just protection from losing your job? I'm on the fence with this one too. If I were to need an extended leave from my job then once my sick time was up, I wouldn't get paid at all unless I could maybe get some type of payment for temporary disability from what I can gather after about half an hour of searching through documents on our HR site.

I seem to recall years ago that if I were to need to take a leave for medical reasons that I could get partial pay for the up to 12 weeks of job guarantee provided under FMLA but that was before the company I work for was bought so I have no idea if that is still the case even. I certainly can't find anything that indicates I could get paid leave now and I am 100% sure that I wouldn't get up to 12 weeks of medical leave with full pay.

And if I didn't need actual medical leave but were to call in sick after using my five annual sick days, I wouldn't get paid a penny for any additional sick days unless I had vacation or other personal time to borrow from.

PostPosted: May 9 19, 11:32 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

FMLA does not promise pay. It guarantees your job for 12 weeks. And that you will not be harmed for using it.

PostPosted: May 10 19, 6:57 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: May 10 19, 10:52 am 
gone fission

Jocephus wrote:

My union dues are almost triple that, and my union is [expletive] worthless.

PostPosted: May 10 19, 11:12 am 
bronoun enthusiast

Jocephus wrote:

Damn. That is [expletive] bleak.

PostPosted: May 10 19, 1:45 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37