GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently July 16 18, 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: July 21 17, 8:11 am 
has a link from 538 to share

Leroy wrote:
I said I joined a union. What more do you want?

The location of Hoffa's grave.

PostPosted: July 21 17, 8:14 am 
99% conan clips

Leroy wrote:

i dont care what you do or think, i'm only responding because it's something to do and you put it out there.

that said, it sounds/reads like you begrudgingly joined and just prior you do say "Pretty much anti-union" ...and thats fine, i'm not trying to say you must like unions and i'm not taking a shot at you!

was IMA's comment needed? probably not but on the other hand who cares

PostPosted: July 21 17, 8:30 am 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Leroy wrote:

I was making a joke, albeit at your expense. I just think no one here is going to be shocked to find out you are anti union. Unions have certainly done some shady stuff, but the good far out weighs that and I think we need stronger unions right now at a time where workers rights have been severely eroded.

PostPosted: July 21 17, 9:25 am 
a bad penny always turns up

Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Michael wrote:
Leroy wrote:

The location of Hoffa's grave.

That's easy. Veteran's Stadium, Philadelphia.

PostPosted: July 21 17, 9:29 am 
MLB.TV Customer Support

IMADreamer wrote:
I think we need stronger unions right now at a time where workers rights have been severely eroded.

Like all things it seems like consolidating power leads to more corruption. I wonder if we had more numerous and more specialized unions if some of the less desirable things that happen with a union would be tempered and more benefits would come from it.

Also, am I the only who sees the NRA and the AARP as essentially unions?

PostPosted: July 30 17, 4:09 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Leroy wrote:

You said you were anti-union.

I don't get people who constantly [expletive] about government corruption and waste, rail against unions and "union bosses", but think corporations shouldn't be held responsible for the ridiculous amounts of malfeasance they commit on behalf of their shareholders. It's [expletive] lunacy.

PostPosted: July 31 17, 8:13 am 
Hall Of Famer

Uuuuugggggghhhhhh

http://www.freep.com/story/news/2017/07 ... 517297001/

Quote:
They were supposed to be rivals across the bargaining table, one jockeying for the best deal for Fiat Chrysler, the other pushing for a good contract for autoworkers.

Instead, the FBI says, former Fiat Chrysler executive Al Iacobelli and the late UAW Vice President General Holiefield were scheming to enrich themselves, jet-setting and buying luxury watches, jewelry, a Ferrari and $37,500 Mont Blanc pens with money that was supposed to help train autoworkers.

The top negotiators did this, authorities allege, by secretly funneling FCA money through a UAW training center and a fake children's charity, ultimately spending it on themselves. They pulled it off with the help of an FCA financial analyst who cooked the books, they say, and ignored a warning years ago that they could "go to jail" for their misdeeds.
Quote:
Holiefield, who died in 2015, was the senior UAW official responsible for negotiating contracts with Fiat Chrysler on behalf of the union.

Detroit’s FBI chief David P. Gelios went so far Wednesday as to say the indictment “calls into question the integrity of contracts negotiated during the course of this criminal conspiracy.”

PostPosted: July 31 17, 8:24 am 
a bad penny always turns up

Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
I don't remember taking a strong stand for the idea that corporations shouldn't be held responsible for the ridiculous amounts of malfeasance they commit on behalf of their shareholders, but I guess it can be implied because all conservatives are crooked.

PostPosted: July 31 17, 9:28 am 
just can't quit you.

Leroy wrote:
I don't remember taking a strong stand for the idea that corporations shouldn't be held responsible for the ridiculous amounts of malfeasance they commit on behalf of their shareholders, but I guess it can be implied because all conservatives are crooked.

You damn right wing looser...

Karl Marx wrote:
The worker of the world has nothing to lose, but their chains, workers of the world unite.

PostPosted: July 31 17, 9:47 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

Leroy wrote:

Fairly predictable response. Instead why don't you tell why you oppose unions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next