GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 22 19, 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Antifa
PostPosted: August 14 18, 9:13 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

pioneer98 wrote:
I'd rather play whack-a-mole with Nazis than have them out in the open.

Sadly, the massive surveillance apparatus will be spying on leftists, not white supremacists.

Oh i agree, I was just pointing it out. Yeah, the nazis got scared, but partly their #s were down because they bailed, and are back on their keyboards.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/13/638306937/unite-the-right-white-nationalist-rally-drowned-out-by-counterprotesters

Quote:
KELLY: It sounds like what you're saying is, just because we didn't see that many people out on the streets yesterday, we should not necessarily leap to the conclusion that this movement has fizzled out - that it's losing steam.

MAK: Yeah, I think it's a bad conclusion to say, oh, well, there's less of a threat now than there was before - just that the preferred tactics for white nationalists have been deeply shaped by the events in Charlottesville last year. The folks who spend their professional life monitoring extremist groups, they say that there's actually an increased concern for violence as the movement becomes more splintered, more volatile and harder to predict. Here's how one person on a white supremacist message board argued would be more effective than attending rallies, like the one we saw yesterday - that they should popularize white nationalism, quote, "discreetly and slowly educating those around them," unquote

PostPosted: August 14 18, 10:00 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Why are we using the euphemism "white nationalism"? By we, I mean the media.

PostPosted: October 20 18, 12:51 pm 
All-Star

I know they have value to conservative media as a terrible threat. But ANTIFA in Portland is a bunch of kids doing cosplay. Annoying kids, and their conservative counterparts (the ones bringing guns: who is the threat?).

It's LARPing is what it is. The real threat is to your commute. The groups are only there for each other.

PostPosted: August 5 19, 12:53 pm 
All-Star

Huge LARP scheduled for 8/17. Grab your mask or Uncle Sam hat depending on your proclivities and come wreck traffic in Portland!

Can these groups move to your city, please?

PostPosted: August 5 19, 1:08 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
Huge LARP scheduled for 8/17. Grab your mask or Uncle Sam hat depending on your proclivities and come wreck traffic in Portland!

As cringey and goofy as some of it is, being anti-fascism is a net POSITIVE.

So I'm good with it.

Antifa = good.

PostPosted: August 9 19, 7:12 pm 

Proud Boys too? How lucky.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2019/08/chief-says-portland-is-becoming-a-magnet-for-brawling-political-protests-while-out-of-state-proud-boys-send-message-to-mayor-city-commissioners.html
A downside of a city/state that is more permissive than most? Hamstrung perhaps?

PostPosted: August 10 19, 1:28 pm 
All-Star

Freed Roger wrote:

Proud Boys too? How lucky.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2019/08/chief-says-portland-is-becoming-a-magnet-for-brawling-political-protests-while-out-of-state-proud-boys-send-message-to-mayor-city-commissioners.html
A downside of a city/state that is more permissive than most? Hamstrung perhaps?

Yes, these Patriots are coming to free us from the grip of ANTIFA. ANTIFA could really just be a tree falling in the woods. These two groups and all their brave twitter personalities, they're just in this for each other. If you don't have anything to do downtown, this stuff doesn't affect you outside the embarrassment and annoyance in the headlines. It's an impossible situation for the police, mayor and governor who all could be handling it much better. It's just stupid. I wish they'd go to Boise or Tulsa or Albuquerque.

That guy is from Florida and the ANTIFA guy I read about this week is from Boston. This isn't about Portland. I'd argue it's just barely about politics. It's stupid.

PostPosted: August 17 19, 8:38 pm 
All-Star

Finally, I can go out after ANTIFA's enforced curfew, and stop diverting my paychecks to them to redistribute as they see fit in their ANTIFA wisdom. Thanks Proud Boys for ending the siege!!

But really, I had the over on .5 deaths. They're all puxxies. All of them. Take the LARP to some other city now, please.

And I hope the old people Fox told that I'm living under ANTIFA'S Sharia law understand that this is nothing but a hassle and headlines every three months. And that the "so super hard" left playing army will realize that nothing was accomplished, zero minds were influenced or challenged. They think they're Che Guevara, but they're more like Steve Urkel.

Last edited by BottenFieldofDreams on August 17 19, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 17 19, 8:41 pm 

Orange Dear Leader will have antifa on the terrorist group list soon.