GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 22 19, 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: September 5 17, 9:49 pm 
All-Star

I'm not sure a deportation thread (more or less) is the best place to burn incense for Barry. Look, I'd rather he had extended his term by Executive Order than be where we're at right now. The man's work literally added years to my life. But still... we're going to start carving his bust here?

PostPosted: September 5 17, 10:55 pm 
'Burb Boy

I really hate how narrow minded some people are about this stuff. One of my best friends posted on Facebook about how wrong this all feels--that we're deporting people whose only "crime" was being born on the other side of the border. About how DACA recipients contribute so much to our economy, that they aren't "taking" from Americans because they're ineligible for Medicaid, Section 8, ACA, etc. My friend is someone I'd consider a true moderate, and it was something he'd put much thought into.

One of his high school friends then posted this:

Quote:
I have one question... are they here legally or illegally? Just give a one word answer.... it's either legal or illegal.

I was not surprised when I found an old repost from this guy complaining about Obama's golf trips. I was disheartened to see his legal or illegal quip got 3 likes, including my friend's mother.

I wanted to reply, but I knew I'd be wasting my time.

PostPosted: September 6 17, 8:12 am 
'Burb Boy

PostPosted: September 6 17, 8:26 am 
99% conan clips

he's so terrible. can't believe he's infecting on a national level now.

kansas will suck even more if he becomes governor.

PostPosted: September 6 17, 10:37 am 
99% conan clips

that's a good sign

PostPosted: September 13 17, 10:03 pm 
'Burb Boy

If you believe Pelosi and Schumer, they reached a deal with Trump to protect DACA. Agreed to border security enhancements but not the wall.

PostPosted: September 13 17, 10:20 pm 
Hall Of Famer

PostPosted: September 14 17, 7:10 am 
bronoun enthusiast

Trump just took an L on DACA & the wall and is going to try to spin it that it's a win on both by patching some fences in Arizona and California and his people are losing their [expletive]. He's going to try to sell a tax cut for the rich as a tax hike for the rich and the dems are going to be able to do barely a good enough job pointing this out that he'll take another L.

I'm interested in what happens after that. What happens when he has no engaged support and no initiatives? Does he turn into a pivot machine? Does he pout? Does he lose interest? Does he start a war?

This dude is such a [expletive] moron.

PostPosted: September 14 17, 7:13 am 
Snayke's Bottomline

He's on a Twitter rampage defending DACA kids while saying there's no deal and his base is freaking out.

PostPosted: September 14 17, 9:10 am 
Hall Of Famer

I just assumed that Trump's base wouldn't care about DACA. He's their guy and so they just "trust his judgment". It's refreshing to learn that Trump can still do something to piss many of them off. He's already broken a million other campaign promises and they didn't care. Maybe this one is a bit different because it's at the heart of his "brand".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next