GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 21 19, 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 757 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76
PostPosted: July 25 19, 9:09 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
Quote:
Accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein was found injured in his cell in a federal jail in lower Manhattan, NBC News reported Wednesday night.

Epstein, a wealthy financier who was arrested in early July on federal charges, was on the floor of his cell in a fetal position when he was discovered, sources told NBC. He was semi-conscious and had marks on his neck when he was found.

Epstein may have tried to hang himself, according to sources who spoke with WNBC-TV.

But another source said Epstein’s injuries were not serious, and raised the possibility that he may have used the incident to obtain a transfer from the jail.

A fourth source who spoke with NBC said that officials have not ruled out the chance that Epstein was assaulted in the Metropolitan Correctional Center.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/24/jeffrey ... attan.html

He set it up to get moved to a cushier facility.

PostPosted: July 25 19, 9:42 am 
bronoun enthusiast

Sociopathic narcissists don't commit suicide, but they are constant schemers.

PostPosted: July 27 19, 4:09 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Very long investigative piece into Al Franken.

It's a good read. Hannity. Literally every accusation against Franken lacks substantiation. Gillibrand's railroading Franken out of the Senate without any kind of due process, which now means she's a pariah among Democrat donors and struggles with raising money for her hopeless campaign. Franken as clumsy and physically awkward to the point he will fall out of a chair if wearing a backpack and end up pinned to the ground like a helpless turtle, which coupled with him being a hugger led to weird moments. Lots in there. Basically: Franken didn't deserve the #metoo treatment.

Last edited by 33anda3rd on July 28 19, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 28 19, 2:33 pm 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
33anda3rd wrote:
Very long investigative piece into Al Franken.

It's a good read. Hannity. Literally every accusation against Franken lacks substantiation. Gillibrand's railroading Franken out of the Senate without any kind of due process, which now means she's a pariah among Democrat donors and struggles with raising money for her hopeless campaign. Franken as clumsy and physically awkward to the point he will fall out of a chair if wearing a backpack and end up pinned to the ground like a helpless turtle, which coupled with him being a hugger led to weird moments. Lots in there. Basically: Franken didn't deserve the #metoo treatment.

Check you link. I’m getting a baseball tweet.

PostPosted: July 28 19, 2:46 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Thanks, fixed. Pretty sweet baseball tweet though, right?

PostPosted: August 28 19, 4:38 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Speaking of long reads https://reason.com/2019/08/23/im-radioactive/

I dunno, man. It’s Reason, so there’s that but seems crazy that these encounters became a thing.

PostPosted: September 19 19, 11:11 am 
All-Star

Interesting reporting on the last two episodes of NYT The Daily podcast regarding Gloria Allred, her daughter and Weinstein. Her daughter put together an absolutely disgusting plan as a pitch to work in defense for Weinstein--who, coincidentally, was making a movie of her book.

Worth a listen. Explores other aspects of sexual harassment reporting/prosecution/settling as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 757 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76