GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently January 21 19, 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 706 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71  Next
PostPosted: January 2 19, 1:18 pm 
Hall Of Famer

This is also kind of tangential. I didn't mean to be too sarcastic up above. Yes, of course men should treat women they meet like they might not want to [expletive] them, and that's OK. But the question I was getting at was: what would equality actually look like? Obviously, a world where equality exists would not have any of the horrible stuff that #MeToo brought to our attention. Is that it? Is there anything else we should be working towards aside from men not doing awful [expletive] to women? If so, what is it? I don't know the answer, if there is one. So much of the #MeToo stuff was boss' or people at or near the top of a hierarchy. Like that woman said in the rebuttal, it is "systemic". What would a system look like where this kind of thing didn't or couldn't happen?

PostPosted: January 2 19, 1:22 pm 
Hall Of Famer

IMADreamer wrote:
No doubt Louis will be back and bigger than ever. America doesn't give a damn about someones past. There is no morality left here. I mean we have Trump, you think any of those people give a [expletive] what Louis did? Hell they applaud it. Women to them are objects for pleasure. "It's not like he raped her." Not like that would matter either. He will have a Netflix special by summer. He'll go on Joe Rogan and what ever other right wing "me are the victims in America" podcasts he can, he'll be funny, and he'll be back raking in the money.

Have you listened to Joe Rogan?

PostPosted: January 2 19, 1:32 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

cardinalkarp wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
No doubt Louis will be back and bigger than ever. America doesn't give a damn about someones past. There is no morality left here. I mean we have Trump, you think any of those people give a [expletive] what Louis did? Hell they applaud it. Women to them are objects for pleasure. "It's not like he raped her." Not like that would matter either. He will have a Netflix special by summer. He'll go on Joe Rogan and what ever other right wing "me are the victims in America" podcasts he can, he'll be funny, and he'll be back raking in the money.

Every time I think I might be interested in what Joe Rogan says, he pulls a Jordan Peterson et al.

PostPosted: January 2 19, 1:33 pm 
Hall Of Famer

lukethedrifter wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:

Every time I think I might be interested in what Joe Rogan says, he pulls a Jordan Peterson et al.

Well, I wouldn't call him "right wing".

PostPosted: January 2 19, 1:48 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

cardinalkarp wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:

Well, I wouldn't call him "right wing".

He’s a libertarian and to be fair to dreamer most of them got in bed with Trump.

Last edited by lukethedrifter on January 2 19, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: January 2 19, 2:08 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

pioneer98 wrote:
This is also kind of tangential. I didn't mean to be too sarcastic up above. Yes, of course men should treat women they meet like they might not want to [expletive] them, and that's OK. But the question I was getting at was: what would equality actually look like? Obviously, a world where equality exists would not have any of the horrible stuff that #MeToo brought to our attention. Is that it? Is there anything else we should be working towards aside from men not doing awful [expletive] to women? If so, what is it? I don't know the answer, if there is one. So much of the #MeToo stuff was boss' or people at or near the top of a hierarchy. Like that woman said in the rebuttal, it is "systemic". What would a system look like where this kind of thing didn't or couldn't happen?

Just treating them like equals, like we're all people. I mean, I get it, there's going to be that time in life when god damn it if we wouldn't like to get nekkid with Nikki in HR I mean did you see that skirt on Wednesday? but we can't treat Nikki like that because she's after all not just a co-worker she's more important a human being. Being forward with Nikki, or treating Nikki different than we would if she were a dude means we will for sure make Nikki uncomfortable. And doing that means we think our 5% shot at getting to peel that skirt of Nikki is more important than how Nikki feels.

PostPosted: January 2 19, 2:14 pm 
99% conan clips

if nikki from HR denies me a chance, that makes me an incel. so, you see, it's the womans fault!!

PostPosted: January 2 19, 2:20 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Jocephus wrote:
if nikki from HR denies me a chance, that makes me an incel. so, you see, it's the womans fault!!

The problem is most dudes don't think they have a 5% chance with Nikki. They think they have like a 72.8% chance with Nikki. 51/49 at worst. So they go ahead and make Nikki uncomfortable. Especially dudes with status at work, who when they are 5s tend to think they are 10s because of that work status.

On another equality tip, w/r/t pioneer's question, when Nikki is pregnant and goes on maternity leave and we talk [expletive] about how we have to do more while Nikki is out and man that's gonna be rough and then Nikki gets back and we're like thank GOD Nikki is back now we can get some relief around here that's totally unfair to Nikki and such bull [expletive]. When we went on our fishing trip to Alasa because our BIL Bill hooked up this dope boat thing and LOL you should have seen Tom projectile vomit he was useless that day, and we got back from that awesome week Nikki wasn't like "ugh, finally 33 1/3 is back and I don't have to pick up the slack anymore" so let's not treat the natural act of birthing a child like a drag. Or treat any other lady things like they're drags. We can acknowledge that we're different but all valuable and equal and not do the little things that make the Nikki's of the world wear crocheted pink vaginas on their heads and march in the streets about how [expletive] awful we are to them.

PostPosted: January 2 19, 2:28 pm 
Hall Of Famer

This is a good thread, scroll up if you want to read the whole thing

PostPosted: January 2 19, 2:49 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Richter is right about the PC Police not ruining comedy, but real [expletive] I don't think it's a tough time to be making jokes. At all. It's a GREAT time to be making jokes. Comics who make jokes that are not offensive become more universally funny.

Big Mouth is universally funny and includes the female characters on all the humor. John Mulaney's comedy requires the understanding that his wife is his backbone. Key & Peele's funniest sketch is two guys bragging about ruling their roost in secret, hiding from their wives who are the alphas of their respective homes. When the jokes about women's appearance or sexual utility go away, the jokes suddenly become funny to 100% of the people instead of the lowly 5% who find that kind of junk funny.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 706 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71  Next