GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 21 19, 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125
 Post subject: Re: Guns V3.0
PostPosted: August 31 19, 5:08 pm 
All-Star

Hey hey. Gun laws doing stuff:

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019/08 ... -away.html

Check out the last paragraph as well. Someone at the VA successfully deprogrammed him.

Eta: I got the Texas shooting alert moments after I posted this. Expletive. Can't keep up.

PostPosted: August 31 19, 5:47 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
Hey hey. Gun laws doing stuff:

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019/08 ... -away.html

Check out the last paragraph as well. Someone at the VA successfully deprogrammed him.

Red flag laws aren't solid with parameters -
one person flagging someone and authorities taking their guns - but a damn good thing overall.

[expletive] Missour-ah isn t going to even look into it. Got to change the #s in Jeff City first.

PostPosted: September 3 19, 8:24 am 

Eating outside of Beast BBQ in the Grove and we'd we earlier were talking about recent Texas shooting then POP! ...... and then we see it is fireworks .....

I nearly soiled my drawers. There were about 15 people out there with us and everybody was ducking.

PostPosted: September 6 19, 12:50 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Looks like a red flags law may have saved lives

Pasadena man charged with threat of mass violence; police find 146 firearms in home

PostPosted: September 8 19, 10:19 am 

Freed Roger wrote:
Eating outside of Beast BBQ in the Grove and we'd we earlier were talking about recent Texas shooting then POP! ...... and then we see it is fireworks .....

I nearly soiled my drawers. There were about 15 people out there with us and everybody was ducking.

Follow up -a question: I haven't been around nearby gunfire much - mostly just when out running or hiking in the woods (there are gun ranges not far from a couple of trail systems, and occasional hunters.

Isn't it generally hard to pin down where a gun shot is coming from? Like fireworks, sometimes you have no specific idea where it is coming from.

PostPosted: September 8 19, 10:52 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

Freed Roger wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:

Follow up -a question: I haven't been around nearby gunfire much - mostly just when out running or hiking in the woods (there are gun ranges not far from a couple of trail systems, and occasional hunters.

Isn't it generally hard to pin down where a gun shot is coming from? Like fireworks, sometimes you have no specific idea where it is coming from.

More of a crack crack than a pop pop. I’ve heard beaucoup city gunfire.

PostPosted: September 9 19, 10:19 am 

lukethedrifter wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:

More of a crack crack than a pop pop. I’ve heard beaucoup city gunfire.

Having heard them in a city or closed space - and assuming the shooter wasn't right in front of you (and you aren't dead or wounded) -how easy is it to figure out where they are coming from?

Seems like it would be happenstance for good guy with a gun to be of much immediate use in urban setting. In the firework scenario - I was glad none of the other patrons reacted by pulling out a gun.

PostPosted: September 9 19, 10:49 am 
Perennial All-Star

My mother has been a staunch Walmart supporter for as long as I can remember, but all of a sudden this week decided she's not a fan of the way they harm local businesses. She's apparently never shopping there again.

It is a complete coincidence that this change of opinion coincides with Walmart's decision to significantly scale back the kind of gun ammo it sells.

PostPosted: September 18 19, 3:50 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Yeah but in Chicago....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125