GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently January 21 19, 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: I'm Not Racist......
PostPosted: July 21 18, 2:19 pm 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Roseanne pulling a Trump. All she cares about are how many views she gets.

PostPosted: July 21 18, 3:58 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

It must be something to get to a point in life where you feel secure enough in your position to spout off whatever idiocy pops into your head.

PostPosted: January 10 19, 9:41 am 
99% conan clips

Quote:
Mr. King, in the interview, said he was not a racist. He pointed to his Twitter timeline showing him greeting Iowans of all races and religions in his Washington office. (The same office once displayed a Confederate flag on his desk.)

At the same time, he said, he supports immigrants who enter the country legally and fully assimilate because what matters more than race is “the culture of America” based on values brought to the United States by whites from Europe.

“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” Mr. King said. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/10/us/p ... -wall.html

PostPosted: January 10 19, 10:04 am 
Hall Of Famer

Jocephus wrote:
“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” Mr. King said. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”

That is...wow.

PostPosted: January 15 19, 10:47 pm 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: January 16 19, 8:36 am 
bronoun enthusiast

Disclaimer: I am not and never would defend Steve King.

But how the [expletive] are you going to elect a dude/cover a dude/tolerate a dude who has been a brazen, racist fascist for 16 [expletive] years and then call for his resignation only now. Do better, media/democrats in his district. It's been unbelievable to me how libs have only discovered that going on the offensive helps shift public perception after Trump was elected. Unreal.

PostPosted: January 16 19, 9:08 am 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

thrill wrote:

But how the [expletive] are you going to elect a dude/cover a dude/tolerate a dude who has been a brazen, racist fascist for 16 [expletive] years and then call for his resignation only now. Do better, media/democrats in his district. It's been unbelievable to me how libs have only discovered that going on the offensive helps shift public perception after Trump was elected. Unreal.

You are right. The Democrats have been playing defense my whole life. I'm still not sure they complete understand you sometimes have to hit first and hit hard to win.

PostPosted: January 16 19, 9:53 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

IMADreamer wrote:
thrill wrote:

You are right. The Democrats have been playing defense my whole life. I'm still not sure they complete understand you sometimes have to hit first and hit hard to win.

The problem is that before you can do this, white liberals have to really mean what they say. Put your money where your mouth is. Monied white liberals are happy to flaunt their progressive views when it doesn't cost them anything, then dump the minority members of the Democratic coalition for corporate dollars or NIMBYism when it suits them.

The party is getting better at that though.

PostPosted: January 16 19, 12:33 pm 
bronoun enthusiast

G. Keenan wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
thrill wrote:

The problem is that before you can do this, white liberals have to really mean what they say. Put your money where your mouth is. Monied white liberals are happy to flaunt their progressive views when it doesn't cost them anything, then dump the minority members of the Democratic coalition for corporate dollars or NIMBYism when it suits them.

Reagan really did a number on this country. He destroyed our welfare system, turned his back on veterans, the mentally ill, minorities, gays, basically anyone who has tough challenges to overcome, he created a system that funnels wealth into the wealthiest hands with ruthless efficiency and he robbed the democrats of both their identity and their confidence in their populist beliefs.

He's in the running for my least favorite american ever, but damn, you gotta respect his effectiveness. A [expletive] C list actor. It'd be like if Rob Schneider did all those things.

PostPosted: January 16 19, 12:41 pm 
just can't quit you.

thrill wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
thrill wrote:

Reagan really did a number on this country. He destroyed our welfare system, turned his back on veterans, the mentally ill, minorities, gays, basically anyone who has tough challenges to overcome, he created a system that funnels wealth into the wealthiest hands with ruthless efficiency and he robbed the democrats of both their identity and their confidence in their populist beliefs.

He's in the running for my least favorite american ever, but damn, you gotta respect his effectiveness. A [expletive] C list actor. It'd be like if Rob Schneider did all those things.

Or Donald Trump...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next