GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently January 21 19, 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: I'm Not Racist......
PostPosted: July 21 18, 2:19 pm 
Offline
There's someone in my head but it's not me
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Posts: 42393
Location: Somewhere back in my long ago
Roseanne pulling a Trump. All she cares about are how many views she gets.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Not Racist......
PostPosted: July 21 18, 3:58 pm 
Offline
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
User avatar

Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Posts: 21026
Location: Chicago
It must be something to get to a point in life where you feel secure enough in your position to spout off whatever idiocy pops into your head.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Not Racist......
PostPosted: January 10 19, 9:41 am 
Offline
99% conan clips
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Posts: 52985
Quote:
Mr. King, in the interview, said he was not a racist. He pointed to his Twitter timeline showing him greeting Iowans of all races and religions in his Washington office. (The same office once displayed a Confederate flag on his desk.)

At the same time, he said, he supports immigrants who enter the country legally and fully assimilate because what matters more than race is “the culture of America” based on values brought to the United States by whites from Europe.

“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” Mr. King said. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”


https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/10/us/p ... -wall.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Not Racist......
PostPosted: January 10 19, 10:04 am 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Posts: 23654
Jocephus wrote:
“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” Mr. King said. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”


That is...wow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Not Racist......
PostPosted: January 15 19, 10:47 pm 
Offline
99% conan clips
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Posts: 52985


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Not Racist......
PostPosted: January 16 19, 8:36 am 
Offline
bronoun enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Posts: 27912
Location: extremely online
Disclaimer: I am not and never would defend Steve King.


But how the [expletive] are you going to elect a dude/cover a dude/tolerate a dude who has been a brazen, racist fascist for 16 [expletive] years and then call for his resignation only now. Do better, media/democrats in his district. It's been unbelievable to me how libs have only discovered that going on the offensive helps shift public perception after Trump was elected. Unreal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Not Racist......
PostPosted: January 16 19, 9:08 am 
Offline
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
User avatar

Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Posts: 11188
Location: Illinois
thrill wrote:
Disclaimer: I am not and never would defend Steve King.


But how the [expletive] are you going to elect a dude/cover a dude/tolerate a dude who has been a brazen, racist fascist for 16 [expletive] years and then call for his resignation only now. Do better, media/democrats in his district. It's been unbelievable to me how libs have only discovered that going on the offensive helps shift public perception after Trump was elected. Unreal.



You are right. The Democrats have been playing defense my whole life. I'm still not sure they complete understand you sometimes have to hit first and hit hard to win.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Not Racist......
PostPosted: January 16 19, 9:53 am 
Offline
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
User avatar

Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Posts: 21026
Location: Chicago
IMADreamer wrote:
thrill wrote:
Disclaimer: I am not and never would defend Steve King.


But how the [expletive] are you going to elect a dude/cover a dude/tolerate a dude who has been a brazen, racist fascist for 16 [expletive] years and then call for his resignation only now. Do better, media/democrats in his district. It's been unbelievable to me how libs have only discovered that going on the offensive helps shift public perception after Trump was elected. Unreal.



You are right. The Democrats have been playing defense my whole life. I'm still not sure they complete understand you sometimes have to hit first and hit hard to win.


The problem is that before you can do this, white liberals have to really mean what they say. Put your money where your mouth is. Monied white liberals are happy to flaunt their progressive views when it doesn't cost them anything, then dump the minority members of the Democratic coalition for corporate dollars or NIMBYism when it suits them.

The party is getting better at that though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Not Racist......
PostPosted: January 16 19, 12:33 pm 
Offline
bronoun enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Posts: 27912
Location: extremely online
G. Keenan wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
thrill wrote:
Disclaimer: I am not and never would defend Steve King.


But how the [expletive] are you going to elect a dude/cover a dude/tolerate a dude who has been a brazen, racist fascist for 16 [expletive] years and then call for his resignation only now. Do better, media/democrats in his district. It's been unbelievable to me how libs have only discovered that going on the offensive helps shift public perception after Trump was elected. Unreal.



You are right. The Democrats have been playing defense my whole life. I'm still not sure they complete understand you sometimes have to hit first and hit hard to win.


The problem is that before you can do this, white liberals have to really mean what they say. Put your money where your mouth is. Monied white liberals are happy to flaunt their progressive views when it doesn't cost them anything, then dump the minority members of the Democratic coalition for corporate dollars or NIMBYism when it suits them.

The party is getting better at that though.

Reagan really did a number on this country. He destroyed our welfare system, turned his back on veterans, the mentally ill, minorities, gays, basically anyone who has tough challenges to overcome, he created a system that funnels wealth into the wealthiest hands with ruthless efficiency and he robbed the democrats of both their identity and their confidence in their populist beliefs.

He's in the running for my least favorite american ever, but damn, you gotta respect his effectiveness. A [expletive] C list actor. It'd be like if Rob Schneider did all those things.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm Not Racist......
PostPosted: January 16 19, 12:41 pm 
Offline
just can't quit you.
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Posts: 23133
Location: Lost
thrill wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
thrill wrote:
Disclaimer: I am not and never would defend Steve King.


But how the [expletive] are you going to elect a dude/cover a dude/tolerate a dude who has been a brazen, racist fascist for 16 [expletive] years and then call for his resignation only now. Do better, media/democrats in his district. It's been unbelievable to me how libs have only discovered that going on the offensive helps shift public perception after Trump was elected. Unreal.



You are right. The Democrats have been playing defense my whole life. I'm still not sure they complete understand you sometimes have to hit first and hit hard to win.


The problem is that before you can do this, white liberals have to really mean what they say. Put your money where your mouth is. Monied white liberals are happy to flaunt their progressive views when it doesn't cost them anything, then dump the minority members of the Democratic coalition for corporate dollars or NIMBYism when it suits them.

The party is getting better at that though.

Reagan really did a number on this country. He destroyed our welfare system, turned his back on veterans, the mentally ill, minorities, gays, basically anyone who has tough challenges to overcome, he created a system that funnels wealth into the wealthiest hands with ruthless efficiency and he robbed the democrats of both their identity and their confidence in their populist beliefs.

He's in the running for my least favorite american ever, but damn, you gotta respect his effectiveness. A [expletive] C list actor. It'd be like if Rob Schneider did all those things.


Or Donald Trump...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: doe_boy, Gashouse, GeddyWrox, Secret Weapon and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group