GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently February 18 19, 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: I'm Not Racist......
PostPosted: January 30 19, 2:38 pm 
Veteran Player

Sure seems to be a lot of Fake News going around.

PostPosted: January 30 19, 2:42 pm 
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

cardsfantx wrote:
Quote:
walking to a downtown Chicago apartment after an early-morning visit to a Subway restaurant,

Seriously, WTF? You're in downtown Chicago and you select Subway as your best breakfast option?

PostPosted: January 30 19, 2:47 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

MAGA wrote:
Sure seems to be a lot of Fake News going around.

I guess you’re talking about everything the MAGA idiots and their leader pass on. Plus this.

PostPosted: January 30 19, 4:07 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

cardsfantx wrote:
thrill wrote:
I'm not saying this guy is lying, but Chicago is definitely not "MAGA" country. Just seems like a weird thing to yell.

Hmmmm...I hope he’s not making this up, but the entire attack/story is starting to look made up unfortunately...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-no-footage-yet-alleged-attack-empire-actor-153052306.html

Quote:
Chicago has one of the most sophisticated and extensive video surveillance systems in the U.S., with thousands of cameras on street poles, skyscrapers, buses and in train tunnels.

Detectives have reviewed surveillance footage of "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett walking to a downtown Chicago apartment after an early-morning visit to a Subway restaurant, but none of it showed an attack on the actor, a police official said Wednesday.

Investigators "for the most part" can confirm the route Smollett took early Tuesday when he says he was attacked by two masked men along a street in the Streeterville neighborhood, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said. However, there are gaps and none of the footage police have reviewed shows an attack, he said.

Guglielmi said detectives who are investigating the allegations as a possible hate crime have looked at hundreds of hours of surveillance video from businesses and hotels in the heavily monitored area. But he said they still need to collect and view more. He said they are expanding the search to include footage from public buses and buildings beyond the scene's immediate vicinity in the hopes of spotting the men who match Smollett's description of the suspects.

"We haven't seen anybody, at this point, matching the description he gave, nobody looks menacing and we didn't find a container anywhere," Guglielmi said, referring to a container for the liquid that the actor said was thrown at him.

It would be very odd for a famous person to make up an attack out of whole cloth. There are cameras around but they don't catch everything. If he totally invented it his career is over. Seems like a big risk.

I'm questioning the MAGA line because I only saw it reported by TMZ and that is a gossip rag probably going for click bait.

PostPosted: January 30 19, 5:37 pm 
'Burb Boy

Police have identified two people they want to speak to about the attacks on Smollett. Don't know anything about the MAGA part yet.

PostPosted: January 30 19, 5:59 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Popeye_Card wrote:
cardsfantx wrote:
Quote:
walking to a downtown Chicago apartment after an early-morning visit to a Subway restaurant,

Seriously, WTF? You're in downtown Chicago and you select Subway as your best breakfast option?

That probably means late night visit to Subway. There's one by my sister and brother in law's place in Lakeview that's open until 4am. I've eaten there several times solely because it's open super late.

PostPosted: January 30 19, 9:22 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

G. Keenan wrote:
cardsfantx wrote:
thrill wrote:
I'm not saying this guy is lying, but Chicago is definitely not "MAGA" country. Just seems like a weird thing to yell.

Hmmmm...I hope he’s not making this up, but the entire attack/story is starting to look made up unfortunately...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-no-footage-yet-alleged-attack-empire-actor-153052306.html

Quote:
Chicago has one of the most sophisticated and extensive video surveillance systems in the U.S., with thousands of cameras on street poles, skyscrapers, buses and in train tunnels.

Detectives have reviewed surveillance footage of "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett walking to a downtown Chicago apartment after an early-morning visit to a Subway restaurant, but none of it showed an attack on the actor, a police official said Wednesday.

Investigators "for the most part" can confirm the route Smollett took early Tuesday when he says he was attacked by two masked men along a street in the Streeterville neighborhood, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said. However, there are gaps and none of the footage police have reviewed shows an attack, he said.

Guglielmi said detectives who are investigating the allegations as a possible hate crime have looked at hundreds of hours of surveillance video from businesses and hotels in the heavily monitored area. But he said they still need to collect and view more. He said they are expanding the search to include footage from public buses and buildings beyond the scene's immediate vicinity in the hopes of spotting the men who match Smollett's description of the suspects.

"We haven't seen anybody, at this point, matching the description he gave, nobody looks menacing and we didn't find a container anywhere," Guglielmi said, referring to a container for the liquid that the actor said was thrown at him.

It would be very odd for a famous person to make up an attack out of whole cloth. There are cameras around but they don't catch everything. If he totally invented it his career is over. Seems like a big risk.

I'm questioning the MAGA line because I only saw it reported by TMZ and that is a gossip rag probably going for click bait.

In the link I posted the paper of record prints the MAGA line.

PostPosted: February 1 19, 4:56 pm 
just can't quit you.

PostPosted: February 1 19, 7:55 pm 
Consider him admonished

wart57 wrote:

Going to be hard to buff that one out.

PostPosted: February 1 19, 10:06 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Called a conference for tomorrow morning. I imagine he’ll resign, which he should.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next