GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently March 24 19, 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
PostPosted: May 31 18, 1:30 pm 
Perennial All-Star

IMADreamer wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
What a bunch of BS. If there is a crime lock the bum up. The prosecutor needs fired as well.

Kim Gardner was in my graduating class at WGHS (93). I didn't know her very well, but she is a good person. That said, she really F'd this up, I think. It's a shame. I had such high hopes when she won the job.

As far as I'm concerned she's no better than the corrupt Republicans. If a felony was committed then he need to go to prison. Period. To let him off with resigning just makes me wonder who paid her off. Our laws have to mean something, our politicians have to be held accountable, if not we need to dissolve the country and start over.

I'd say with her, it's inexperience/incompetence, not corruption. But yeah, I really can't disagree beyond that.

PostPosted: June 7 18, 2:18 pm 
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Subpoena for Greitens' dark money records has been withdrawn. Gotta protect the GOP brand.

PostPosted: June 7 18, 3:07 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

cardsfansince82 wrote:
Subpoena for Greitens' dark money records has been withdrawn. Gotta protect the GOP brand.

yeah, and all the Greitens people that Parsons kept on staff or as appointees. Would be embarrassing to new governor and others, if some of those positions were somehow tied to the dark donor money. Why did he need the app that destroyed internal text messages? Hard to believe he didn't have partners to whatever it was he was doing with all this secrecy which the GOP cares nothing about.

For example, he tried (and failed in part) to get several Public Education Board appointees that were private school officials, charter advocates. ie president of "Kansas Christian College", as well as orchestrating a successfully ousting the existing board chair. I wonder if any money came from Betsy Devos/Erik Prince Clan? Navy Seal bromance. He seemed to have a mandate from somewhere to get MO public education on the privatized voucher track.

Then "Clean Water Commission"- stacked appointees friendly to Big Ag.

Missouri DNR is run by a Pence crony that has a Scott Pruitt-like resume. One of her first moves was an attempt to undo (sell off?) 3 or 4 state parklands recently acquired.

Good ole GOP.

PostPosted: June 8 18, 1:57 pm 
'Burb Boy

Special prosecutor declines to file charges for invasion of privacy

PostPosted: June 8 18, 2:39 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

From all accounts I’ve heard including some of those who worked in her office, Kim Gardner is a mess and a terrible prosecutor.

PostPosted: July 10 18, 10:30 pm 
Hall Of Famer

The Greitens investigation doesn't seem to be dead yet:
Quote:
The chief of staff to Vice President Mike Pence discussed soliciting contributions from “restricted donors” while he was advising future Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens’ 2016 campaign, according to a complaint filed Tuesday with the state’s ethics commission.

The complaint also says that Greitens for Missouri, which Pence chief of staff Nick Ayers advised, “funneled” donations through 501(c)(4) nonprofits, which do not have to reveal donor identities.

One potential donor, according to an email a Missouri House investigative committee obtained, was employed by a company that “manages money for the state of Missouri” — and could thus be barred by federal law from donating to political campaigns.

[Hal Holbrook voice]Follow the money![/Hal Holbrook voice]

Quote:
Greitens’ whereabouts have been unclear since he moved out of the Governor’s Mansion.

You don't say.

PostPosted: August 17 18, 5:47 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Greitens broke campaign finance laws, Missouri Ethics Commission says

http://www.kmov.com/story/38909095/greitens-broke-campaign-finance-laws-missouri-ethics-commission-says

PostPosted: January 5 19, 11:10 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Will the GOP Trumper authoritiarians over the State OF MO ever sort out the mess of illegalities occurring under Greitens and Hawley? Parsons Ashcroft & Schmitt Oh My.! Better budget in some $ for more brooms to sweep it all the GOP criminality under the rug.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/political-adviser-to-eric-greitens-exerted-authority-over-state-workers/article_50493a22-9424-52a7-bf75-d874b521bab9.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest

Quote:
A political consultant from Georgia directed taxpayer-paid employees in Missouri during the early days of then-Gov. Eric Greitens’ doomed administration, according to a Post-Dispatch review of emails generated by the Republican governor’s team.

Austin Chambers, now 23, was one of the architects of Greitens’ winning “conservative outsider” strategy in 2016.
A 23 year old political operative directing state funds and resources. Article only outlines part of the chicanery. Not mentioned is the use of "confide" app to keep texts secret for Greiten's taxpayer-paid employees.
Quote:
The records show that press secretary Parker Briden crafted posts for Greitens’ personal Facebook page, which could constitute a violation of the law because taxpayer resources cannot be expended on political purposes.

Quote:
Former Attorney General Josh Hawley, a Republican who was sworn in Thursday as a U.S. senator, faces an investigation by Secretary of State Jay Ashcroft, a Republican, and state Auditor Nicole Galloway, a Democrat, into whether he broke the law by allowing campaign consultants to direct taxpayer-paid staff.

Quote:
ampaign treasurer Jeff Stuerman and Greitens fundraiser Meredith Gibbons, who was paid $140,000 by Greitens’ dark-money nonprofit A New Missouri in 2017, also were in contact with state employees.

Besides running Greitens’ campaign, Chambers worked for A New Missouri, which took in $6 million in 2017 and has not revealed the source of any of the money.

Quote:
Monu Joseph, a California venture capitalist, was described as the “on site contact” for the meeting. Joseph is listed as the current president of A New Missouri.

One of Greitens’ former campaign aides has testified that Joseph had discussed ways to solicit campaign donations from foreign nationals, which would be a violation of federal law.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18