GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently April 23 19, 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: ICE and deportations
PostPosted: December 14 18, 8:44 pm 
Perennial All-Star

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
Cute deflection

Not a deflection, the footage is from 2010-2017.

PostPosted: December 14 18, 8:45 pm 
Perennial All-Star

lukethedrifter wrote:
Diddy wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Diddy wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
It’s never as simple as it seems.

Which is why I said reportedly. You don’t dehydrate to the point of death in 8 hours. If she was that dehydrated she needed more then water when she was detained. I don’t know what “provided water” means. Does it mean each individual was given water? Does it mean a Gatorade cooler of water was put out and was first come first serve? Lots of questions and policy that needs looked at

You didn’t answer the part about dumping water.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... c67f387b53

Probably ought to have more important things to be doing. Guess Obama should have been doing something about it.

That’s an incredibly insensitive and unchristianlike thing to say.

How so?

PostPosted: December 14 18, 8:54 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Diddy wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
Diddy wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
It’s never as simple as it seems.

Quote:
Which is why I said reportedly. You don’t dehydrate to the point of death in 8 hours. If she was that dehydrated she needed more then water when she was detained. I don’t know what “provided water” means. Does it mean each individual was given water? Does it mean a Gatorade cooler of water was
8 hours is plenty of time to die from dehydration(related) causes. Once you overheat, the profuse sweating and downward spiral starts fast. Extreme case is kids left in cars.

We just don't know.

To die from causes yes but she wasbe dehydrated prior to being detained. She wasn’t sitting in a hot car, she was dehydrated from walking across Mexico without eating or drinking for four days.

Cardiac arrest , last thing I read.

PostPosted: December 14 18, 8:59 pm 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Diddy wrote:
Cute deflection

Your response to a current event is to absolve your orange god, who runs almost solely on a fear and lies based anti-immigration policy, and bring up Obama who hasn't been in office for nearly 2 years now. That's deflection bubs.

PostPosted: December 14 18, 9:31 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Diddy wrote:
Cute deflection

Your response to a current event is to absolve your orange god, who runs almost solely on a fear and lies based anti-immigration policy, and bring up Obama who hasn't been in office for nearly 2 years now. That's deflection bubs.

No the article he linked cites events from 2010-2017. Obama was the President for nearly all of that period.

PostPosted: December 14 18, 10:20 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Obama's policies were just as bad as Trump's, it's true. It's embarrassing that the left let Obama pull the [expletive] that he did on immigration.

But it's still a deflection. Obama isn't president, and Trump hasn't shown the slightest intention to improve the situation.

PostPosted: December 14 18, 10:28 pm 
Perennial All-Star

greenback44 wrote:
Obama's policies were just as bad as Trump's, it's true. It's embarrassing that the left let Obama pull the [expletive] that he did on immigration.

But it's still a deflection. Obama isn't president, and Trump hasn't shown the slightest intention to improve the situation.

So why post an article that cites dates almost entirely during Obama’s presidency and ask me about it?

PostPosted: December 14 18, 11:01 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Diddy wrote:
greenback44 wrote:

So why post an article that cites dates almost entirely during Obama’s presidency and ask me about it?

You avoided the very basic question of whether REGARDLESS OF PRESIDENT it’s okay for US agents make it more likely a migrant ends up in such a condition.

PostPosted: December 15 18, 2:49 am 
Hall Of Famer

I will admit that I did not complain enough about Obama's bad policies. There. Now can we work on improving the country?

PostPosted: December 15 18, 7:39 am 
Perennial All-Star

lukethedrifter wrote:
Diddy wrote:
greenback44 wrote:

You avoided the very basic question of whether REGARDLESS OF PRESIDENT it’s okay for US agents make it more likely a migrant ends up in such a condition.

I said it was bad, and you said it was an unchristian of me . The Obama comment wasn’t a deflection, just a jab, that was apperantly landed judging by the comments it got.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next