GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently April 23 19, 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: ICE and deportations
PostPosted: December 14 18, 8:44 pm 
Offline
Perennial All-Star

Joined: April 18 06, 7:45 pm
Posts: 3636
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
Cute deflection


Not a deflection, the footage is from 2010-2017.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ICE and deportations
PostPosted: December 14 18, 8:45 pm 
Offline
Perennial All-Star

Joined: April 18 06, 7:45 pm
Posts: 3636
lukethedrifter wrote:
Diddy wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Diddy wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
It’s never as simple as it seems.


Which is why I said reportedly. You don’t dehydrate to the point of death in 8 hours. If she was that dehydrated she needed more then water when she was detained. I don’t know what “provided water” means. Does it mean each individual was given water? Does it mean a Gatorade cooler of water was put out and was first come first serve? Lots of questions and policy that needs looked at




You didn’t answer the part about dumping water.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... c67f387b53


Probably ought to have more important things to be doing. Guess Obama should have been doing something about it.

That’s an incredibly insensitive and unchristianlike thing to say.


How so?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ICE and deportations
PostPosted: December 14 18, 8:54 pm 
Offline
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Posts: 23383
Location: St. Louis
Diddy wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
Diddy wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
It’s never as simple as it seems.

Quote:
Which is why I said reportedly. You don’t dehydrate to the point of death in 8 hours. If she was that dehydrated she needed more then water when she was detained. I don’t know what “provided water” means. Does it mean each individual was given water? Does it mean a Gatorade cooler of water was
8 hours is plenty of time to die from dehydration(related) causes. Once you overheat, the profuse sweating and downward spiral starts fast. Extreme case is kids left in cars.

We just don't know.


To die from causes yes but she wasbe dehydrated prior to being detained. She wasn’t sitting in a hot car, she was dehydrated from walking across Mexico without eating or drinking for four days.

Cardiac arrest , last thing I read.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ICE and deportations
PostPosted: December 14 18, 8:59 pm 
Offline
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
User avatar

Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
Posts: 23595
Location: Raptured
Diddy wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
Cute deflection


Not a deflection, the footage is from 2010-2017.

Your response to a current event is to absolve your orange god, who runs almost solely on a fear and lies based anti-immigration policy, and bring up Obama who hasn't been in office for nearly 2 years now. That's deflection bubs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ICE and deportations
PostPosted: December 14 18, 9:31 pm 
Offline
Perennial All-Star

Joined: April 18 06, 7:45 pm
Posts: 3636
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
Diddy wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
Cute deflection


Not a deflection, the footage is from 2010-2017.

Your response to a current event is to absolve your orange god, who runs almost solely on a fear and lies based anti-immigration policy, and bring up Obama who hasn't been in office for nearly 2 years now. That's deflection bubs.


No the article he linked cites events from 2010-2017. Obama was the President for nearly all of that period.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ICE and deportations
PostPosted: December 14 18, 10:20 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer

Joined: June 26 06, 8:54 pm
Posts: 10890
Location: Dining on fastballs
Obama's policies were just as bad as Trump's, it's true. It's embarrassing that the left let Obama pull the [expletive] that he did on immigration.

But it's still a deflection. Obama isn't president, and Trump hasn't shown the slightest intention to improve the situation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ICE and deportations
PostPosted: December 14 18, 10:28 pm 
Offline
Perennial All-Star

Joined: April 18 06, 7:45 pm
Posts: 3636
greenback44 wrote:
Obama's policies were just as bad as Trump's, it's true. It's embarrassing that the left let Obama pull the [expletive] that he did on immigration.

But it's still a deflection. Obama isn't president, and Trump hasn't shown the slightest intention to improve the situation.



So why post an article that cites dates almost entirely during Obama’s presidency and ask me about it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ICE and deportations
PostPosted: December 14 18, 11:01 pm 
Offline
darjeeling sipping elite
User avatar

Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Posts: 36067
Location: Huis Clos
Diddy wrote:
greenback44 wrote:
Obama's policies were just as bad as Trump's, it's true. It's embarrassing that the left let Obama pull the [expletive] that he did on immigration.

But it's still a deflection. Obama isn't president, and Trump hasn't shown the slightest intention to improve the situation.



So why post an article that cites dates almost entirely during Obama’s presidency and ask me about it?


You avoided the very basic question of whether REGARDLESS OF PRESIDENT it’s okay for US agents make it more likely a migrant ends up in such a condition.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ICE and deportations
PostPosted: December 15 18, 2:49 am 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
Posts: 19056
Location: Low A Minors
I will admit that I did not complain enough about Obama's bad policies. There. Now can we work on improving the country?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ICE and deportations
PostPosted: December 15 18, 7:39 am 
Offline
Perennial All-Star

Joined: April 18 06, 7:45 pm
Posts: 3636
lukethedrifter wrote:
Diddy wrote:
greenback44 wrote:
Obama's policies were just as bad as Trump's, it's true. It's embarrassing that the left let Obama pull the [expletive] that he did on immigration.

But it's still a deflection. Obama isn't president, and Trump hasn't shown the slightest intention to improve the situation.



So why post an article that cites dates almost entirely during Obama’s presidency and ask me about it?


You avoided the very basic question of whether REGARDLESS OF PRESIDENT it’s okay for US agents make it more likely a migrant ends up in such a condition.


I said it was bad, and you said it was an unchristian of me . The Obama comment wasn’t a deflection, just a jab, that was apperantly landed judging by the comments it got.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Donnie Ebert, G. Keenan, Popeye_Card and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group