GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently July 20 18, 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 50  Next
PostPosted: February 13 18, 1:56 pm 
Hall Of Famer

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 330210002/

Quote:
The legislation provides that except for a medical emergency, a physician could not perform an abortion in Iowa unless a pregnant woman has been tested to determine if a fetal heartbeat is detectable.

A doctor who performs an abortion after a fetal heartbeat has been detected and without a medical emergency could be charged with a Class D felony, punishable by up to five years in prison. However, a pregnant woman who obtains an abortion would not be held criminally liable.

Quote:
Under the legislation, a medical emergency means a situation in which an abortion is performed to preserve the life of the pregnant woman whose life is endangered by a physical disorder, physical illness or physical injury, including a life-endangering physical condition caused by or arising from the pregnancy. However, a medical emergency would not include psychological conditions, emotional conditions, family conditions or the woman’s age.

It's enlightening that doctors could face a felony but the women don't get any punishment, other than having to carry the baby. Being forced to carry a baby is equivalent punishment to a felony, I guess. Which also means that women having sex without intent to have a baby is also basically a felony. Plain and simple - the people pushing abortion restrictions while also cutting SNAP and Medicaid don't care about babies. They are mad that sometimes women can enjoy sex without consequences.

PostPosted: February 13 18, 2:20 pm 
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

On a much lighter note, the Babylon Bee is worth a follow. (Satire site where Christians make fun of themselves).

PostPosted: February 13 18, 3:02 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

some good ones in there.

Local Youth Pastor Super Pumped To Do Whatever He Is Doing Next

PostPosted: February 13 18, 3:04 pm 
Consider him admonished

Babylon Bee is hysterical. Great follow.

PostPosted: March 7 18, 4:23 pm 
tl;dr

I went to a fish fry last Friday and afterwards I was talking to the two friends that I went with and one of them started talking about church and saying she wanted to start going to church again and stuff. Then she asked me if I wanted to go with her and I said no thanks.

That got her started and she would not stop. She kept asking me what happened or at what point did I stop believing. She couldn't grasp the fact that there was no answer because I never believed. In order to stop believing, I would have had to have believed in the first place. It blew her mind.

She also could not accept the fact that I never believed because I was baptized and had my first communion in a Catholic church. I didn't do those things because I believed, I did them because I had to do what my mom said.

Why is it that many people (not all) who are believers assume that everybody else was born a believer but has just chosen not to believe?

Also, the fish fry at St. Cecelia's in South City isn't bad but it is NOT wait in line two hours and then have to squeeze between rows of tables and chairs to sit elbow to elbow with strangers so you can eat good. I got there at 4:30 right when they open and my friends had been in line for 15 minutes already. It took us over two hours from the time I got there before we finally got our food. They do sell beer, tamales and margaritas while you wait in line though. BIG margaritas. They are a pretty good deal at $10 I think too. The two girls I was with each had one and they were drunk before we got anywhere near the entrance to the gym.

PostPosted: March 7 18, 4:50 pm 
99% conan clips

gervais had a funny line when he was on colbert whenever. a person of faith is ignoring hundreds and/or thousands of other gods that other people might look to. an atheist just ignores 1 more.

PostPosted: March 8 18, 12:16 pm 
tl;dr

Jocephus wrote:
gervais had a funny line when he was on colbert whenever. a person of faith is ignoring hundreds and/or thousands of other gods that other people might look to. an atheist just ignores 1 more.

That is funny but it is still from a believer's point of view. To an atheist, they are ignoring no gods at all because something has to exist before you can ignore it.

PostPosted: March 8 18, 12:49 pm 
99% conan clips

tlombard wrote:
Jocephus wrote:

That is funny but it is still from a believer's point of view. To an atheist, they are ignoring no gods at all because something has to exist before you can ignore it.

well, true

PostPosted: March 8 18, 1:00 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

http://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/pr ... rump/8625/

Quote:
Court filings imply that Donald Trump got Stormy Daniels pregnant and she had an abortion

UH OH CHRISTIANS, let's see who actually has any morals left.

PostPosted: March 8 18, 3:13 pm 
tl;dr

IMADreamer wrote:
http://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/pregnant-stormy-daniels-trump/8625/

Quote:
Court filings imply that Donald Trump got Stormy Daniels pregnant and she had an abortion

UH OH CHRISTIANS, let's see who actually has any morals left.

As much as I disagree with abortion (yet I'm pro-choice because it isn't my decision to make for others), I really, really, really want this to be true. People's heads would explode trying to somehow justify it so they could still support Trump.

I didn't get to read the link yet because I have a meeting in two minutes but I will after this is over!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 50  Next