GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 19 19, 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 840 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 84  Next
PostPosted: May 23 19, 10:27 pm 
Hall Of Famer

That is a very interesting choice to volunteer at Planned Parenthood. A cool idea. I saw two topics brought up - prisons/jails and homeless people. Just a couple thoughts on those things...I support a local harm reduction group. They go into local jails and train people on how to inject themselves or someone else that is overdosing with naloxone, and give them free naloxone kits. Several of their volunteers are people whose lives were saved by naloxone. Since these people were drug users and have often committed other crimes, they might qualify as an "enemy". Then I also do what I can to support a group that goes out on the streets to distribute clothes, blankets, food, and other things to the homeless. Yes, that by itself is not that radical. But the main guy who started the group also has gone and talked to several local mayors and also spoke to lawmakers at the state capitol about getting better funding for homeless shelters. That is the more radical part, and that's where I want to make some more noise. Those politicians are our enemies, or they at least represent our enemies IMO.

PostPosted: May 23 19, 10:43 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

You should expect that PP will reject your offer. I would. Think about why PP or their clients would not want their enemies (your term, and Jesus’ term) taking care of them. Especially not in this era.

PostPosted: May 24 19, 12:58 am 
Consider him admonished

lukethedrifter wrote:
You should expect that PP will reject your offer. I would. Think about why PP or their clients would not want their enemies (your term, and Jesus’ term) taking care of them. Especially not in this era.

I suspect you’re right

PostPosted: May 24 19, 1:00 am 
Consider him admonished

Funny story. One person suggested Trump supporters as “enemies”

PostPosted: May 24 19, 9:14 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Tim wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:

I suspect you’re right

Don't know until you ask. I hope they take you up on it.

PostPosted: May 24 19, 1:38 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Tim wrote:
Funny story. One person suggested Trump supporters as “enemies”

They should be the enemy of Christians. It is the only answer that makes sense.

PostPosted: May 24 19, 2:03 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

PostPosted: May 24 19, 4:43 pm 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Don't blame me, I care so much I voted for GeddyWrox.

PostPosted: May 28 19, 11:31 am 
just can't quit you.

I made the mistake of believing the mainstream media that Hillary had it in the bag, that my vote wouldn't matter since she was the best and was sure to be the next president.

Guess what, they were wrong and they were right. My vote didn't matter in AZ as Trump won by 91,234 votes. My one vote for Hillary would not have changed a thing.

But by all means keep up your personal attacks on me, I mean, that is what this entire board is for right?

You sound as bad as the "but her e-mails" crowd now.

PostPosted: May 28 19, 6:22 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

wart57 wrote:
Guess what, they were wrong and they were right. My vote didn't matter in AZ as Trump won by 91,234 votes.

Take half that plus one.
45618. Add that to Hillary and take it from Trump.
Trump 1,206,783 - HRC 1,206,785
Hillary wins.

Let's pretend that 45,618, however, is greater than the # of people in Arizona (a state with 7.2 million people) who were unaware enough to know that Hillary was not as bad as Trump.

Then, they can all go on the internet and be like hey leave me alone I didn't do anything that made a difference.

While we're at it lets absolve the 34,000 who voted for Stein in that state. They totally didn't have an impact because Hillary lost by 91K votes.

And the 50K+ who voted for someone other that those three, because Hillary lost by more than that so they're not to blame. They were probably Republicans who knew Trump was slime but could NEVER vote for Hillary right, because she'd just be awful I mean remember Whitewater?????

Let's just absolve America as a whole for the stupidity that gave us Trump. Nobody's fault, innocent mistake, no one could possibly have seen all this coming based on his words and actions in 40 years of living a public life and 2 years of running for POTUS on hate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 840 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 84  Next