GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 22 19, 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 871 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 88  Next
PostPosted: May 28 19, 8:20 pm 
just can't quit you.

33anda3rd wrote:
wart57 wrote:
Guess what, they were wrong and they were right. My vote didn't matter in AZ as Trump won by 91,234 votes.

Take half that plus one.
45618. Add that to Hillary and take it from Trump.
Trump 1,206,783 - HRC 1,206,785
Hillary wins.

Let's pretend that 45,618, however, is greater than the # of people in Arizona (a state with 7.2 million people) who were unaware enough to know that Hillary was not as bad as Trump.

Then, they can all go on the internet and be like hey leave me alone I didn't do anything that made a difference.

While we're at it lets absolve the 34,000 who voted for Stein in that state. They totally didn't have an impact because Hillary lost by 91K votes.

And the 50K+ who voted for someone other that those three, because Hillary lost by more than that so they're not to blame. They were probably Republicans who knew Trump was slime but could NEVER vote for Hillary right, because she'd just be awful I mean remember Whitewater?????

Let's just absolve America as a whole for the stupidity that gave us Trump. Nobody's fault, innocent mistake, no one could possibly have seen all this coming based on his words and actions in 40 years of living a public life and 2 years of running for POTUS on hate.

This is a stretch, even for you. Using this logic, you and your kind are directly responsible for the murders of over 6 million babies.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 6:38 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Right, huge stretch in logic. All those people who had decades to get to know Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump and had a chance in the election to vote A. Only Shot At Beating Trump or B. Not Clinton had no way of knowing. Polls misled them. The media. Kind of like the Brexit voters who then went "wha-wha-wha-whaaaaaat? We have to leave the EU now?"

Maybe spend as much time taking accountability for your lousy decision as you're taking replying to me for criticizing your lousy decision. It was a lousy decision and making it gives you a tiny sliver of the blame for this Trump mess. You did equate Hillary to Trump. Maybe take some accountability for that. You spread the lie that she was as bad as he. You said that, I can go dig up the quote if you need. Guess what wart, you voting Geddy and spreading those dumb false equivalencies is worse than me being critical of those choices.

Your choice this time around is the same. Vote Democrat or you're part of the problem and open to criticism.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 8:14 am 
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Could we maybe keep this thread on topic? I think the 100-200 other "destroy Wart" threads would be appropriate places to continue that discussion.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 8:24 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Fat Strat wrote:
Could we maybe keep this thread on topic? I think the 100-200 other "destroy Wart" threads would be appropriate places to continue that discussion.

When we get to the point that wart equating the math of how thin a margin of 91K votes by uninformed voters in a state of 7.2 million in an election literally defined by misinformation isn't analogous to "6 million dead babies" we'll be off to a great start.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 8:35 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
33anda3rd wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:

When we get to the point that wart equating the math of how thin a margin of 91K votes by uninformed voters in a state of 7.2 million in an election literally defined by misinformation isn't analogous to "6 million dead babies" we'll be off to a great start.

And just how many times do you have to make that point?

PostPosted: May 29 19, 8:40 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Radbird wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:

One might argue it hasn't been made enough since those statements are still being made, and being made in a way that's like "I'm perfectly innocent, you're so terrible, saying Trump enablers are terrible*, it's like 6 million dead babies." It's not. Voting Geddy is a level of reckless more on par with a pile of dead babies. Asking people to take accountability for not taking our democracy seriously is not, that's actually a nationwide appeal that needs to be made so we can start to dig out of this hole that we've gotten ourselves into.

*even though we all agree they are, we just get prickly when it hits home

PostPosted: May 29 19, 8:52 am 
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

33anda3rd wrote:
Radbird wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:

One might argue it hasn't been made enough since those statements are still being made, and being made in a way that's like "I'm perfectly innocent, you're so terrible, saying Trump enablers are terrible*, it's like 6 million dead babies." It's not. Voting Geddy is a level of reckless more on par with a pile of dead babies. Asking people to take accountability for not taking our democracy seriously is not, that's actually a nationwide appeal that needs to be made so we can start to dig out of this hole that we've gotten ourselves into.

No. It has been made enough.

We're all Trump enablers in our own ways. And even though most of us voted for Clinton, you have to admit that there is 17 metric [expletive] tons of stink on her and her husband that we've chosen to hold our noses. I'm not talking about emails either.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 9:39 am 
just can't quit you.

33anda3rd wrote:
Radbird wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:

I am perfectly fine with my choice not to vote for Hillary - give me a good decent Democratic candidate and I will vote for them in a heartbeat over Trump (I will never cast a vote for Trump anyway) - I have voted for far more Democrats in my life than I have for Republicans.

If you want to get pissed and rail against people who didn't get Hillary elected, go after the millions of Democrats who didn't vote in the last election because they thought Hillary had it in the bag. But that wouldn't be nearly as much fun as attacking me on GRB, now would it?

PostPosted: May 29 19, 9:39 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

PostPosted: May 29 19, 9:43 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

G. Keenan wrote:
Tim wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
You should expect that PP will reject your offer. I would. Think about why PP or their clients would not want their enemies (your term, and Jesus’ term) taking care of them. Especially not in this era.

I suspect you’re right

Don't know until you ask. I hope they take you up on it.

But why would PP or its clients want or trust an evangelical group who chose them as a ‘love thy enemy’ group project? I believe I understand Tim & co’s intentions are wonderful but i would not accept their help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 871 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 88  Next