GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 21 19, 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 840 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 84  Next
PostPosted: May 29 19, 9:47 am 
Replies Authoritatively

wart57 wrote:
I am perfectly fine with my choice not to vote for Hillary - give me a good decent Democratic candidate and I will vote for them in a heartbeat over Trump (I will never cast a vote for Trump anyway) - I have voted for far more Democrats in my life than I have for Republicans.

Your vote for Geddy was effectively a vote for Trump. You could have used your vote to help beat the worst evil in American politics and opted not to.

Own it or drop it. But stop rationalizing it, for crying out loud.

wart57 wrote:
If you want to get pissed and rail against people who didn't get Hillary elected, go after the millions of Democrats who didn't vote in the last election because they thought Hillary had it in the bag. But that wouldn't be nearly as much fun as attacking me on GRB, now would it?

I do rail against them. I have the same scorn for Stein voters as I have for Geddy Wrox write-in voters, no offense to Geddy who I'm sure would be a fine POTUS. I have the same contempt for people who can go to the polls and don't. I have the most contempt for Trump voters and the second-most for those who don't take this seriously because they live at a remove where Trump putting kids in concentration camps doesn't effect them and Charlottesville isn't hostile toward them among other things.

This isn't the Democrats fault. It's the American voting public as a whole's fault. You're culpable. Sorry. Do better.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 10:03 am 
just can't quit you.

33anda3rd wrote:
wart57 wrote:
I am perfectly fine with my choice not to vote for Hillary - give me a good decent Democratic candidate and I will vote for them in a heartbeat over Trump (I will never cast a vote for Trump anyway) - I have voted for far more Democrats in my life than I have for Republicans.

Your vote for Geddy was effectively a vote for Trump. You could have used your vote to help beat the worst evil in American politics and opted not to.

Own it or drop it. But stop rationalizing it, for crying out loud.

wart57 wrote:
If you want to get pissed and rail against people who didn't get Hillary elected, go after the millions of Democrats who didn't vote in the last election because they thought Hillary had it in the bag. But that wouldn't be nearly as much fun as attacking me on GRB, now would it?

I do rail against them. I have the same scorn for Stein voters as I have for Geddy Wrox write-in voters, no offense to Geddy who I'm sure would be a fine POTUS. I have the same contempt for people who can go to the polls and don't. I have the most contempt for Trump voters and the second-most for those who don't take this seriously because they live at a remove where Trump putting kids in concentration camps doesn't effect them and Charlottesville isn't hostile toward them among other things.

This isn't the Democrats fault. It's the American voting public as a whole's fault. You're culpable. Sorry. Do better.

I have owned my vote all along. Stop acting like your opinions are fact. Do better. I wrote in Geddy, nothing can change that, no matter how many times you and ICE cry about it. We are all culpable to a degree for anything bad that happens in this country, no matter who is in charge at the time. We all need to do better to get along with our fellow humans. Back to the Christian ideal of do unto others.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 10:07 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

You guys are gonna kill this thread. Take it somewhere else.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 10:17 am 
just can't quit you.

lukethedrifter wrote:
You guys are gonna kill this thread. Take it somewhere else.

No thanks.

I am done.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 10:35 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Strange brew though, the tethering of religion to political power. Not anything new of course.

The Christo-political brokers have power vastly beyond their #s. The abortion legality issue is the ultimate in this religion/political play and is clearly being used by this group now.

The clip Luke linked is an extremist, but when it gets boiled down to rationalizations direct/indirect support for the current Trump GOP set up, is it really that extreme? They are OK (or not OK but won't oppose it) with the least Christ-like figure and his acquiescing party because it is a means to an end.

This is the underlying premise.
---‐-‐‐----

While I am here, I would think a true Christian would have no sense of US patriotism, and would oppose Trump GOP nationalism as some sort of pagan Earthly kingdom. FWiW -i am not throwing this at the GRB posters here- for all I know you do more effectively than someone like myself in opposing this regime.

But when the Trump GOP guys start playing the wedge issue, what happens to the opposition? The world needs more Christians to oppose this regime, even (or Especially IMO) when the wedge issue is being used

PostPosted: May 29 19, 11:01 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

In case anyone wants to read a level-headed, longish analysis of the abortion debate that is grounded in evolutionary and social psychology:

Why the Fight Over Abortion Is Unrelenting

PostPosted: May 29 19, 11:40 am 
Consider him admonished

Freed, after lengthy consideration I’ve decided not to pledge allegiance to the flag. Haven’t in years.

I’m a Christian first and foremost. Jesus wasn’t an American, no matter how much the GOP would like

PostPosted: May 29 19, 12:14 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Tim wrote:
Freed, after lengthy consideration I’ve decided not to pledge allegiance to the flag. Haven’t in years.

I’m a Christian first and foremost. Jesus wasn’t an American, no matter how much the GOP would like

+ That makes sense.

Though a powerful Christian minority would say you are heretic.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 12:20 pm 
Consider him admonished

Freed Roger wrote:
Tim wrote:

+ That makes sense.

Though a powerful Christian minority would say you are heretic.

I know. It’s sad.

Don’t get me wrong. Proud American here. Proud to serve the mentally ill veterans at the VA. I get nostalgic on July 4 and all that, but it’s definitely not my identity. I’m not draping myself in the flag.

I started a post here probably a year ago about “patriotism.” Teachers and foster parents and volunteer medics are as much patriots as our veterans. That’s probably not a popular opinion where i work

PostPosted: May 29 19, 12:24 pm 
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

The pledge of allegiance was developed by a guy wanting to sell more flags to schools. I have zero qualms about not participating. (Which I don't think I've been asked to since maybe high school?)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 840 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 84  Next