GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently July 23 19, 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: May 7 19, 12:51 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Environmental destruction, demise of voting rights, racism, demise of old white people perception of reality, geopolitical clout, rights of women,, checks and balances, income equality, democracy itself...

....The answer is turning out to be all of the above. Way to go MAGA dopes and conservative dicks

PostPosted: June 13 19, 5:49 pm 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

PostPosted: June 23 19, 11:24 am 
Hall Of Famer

This is incredibly disturbing. So the Oregon GOP accounts took a picture of some loggers and truckers peacefully protesting the climate bill and as a joke characterized those supporters (on their own side) as an armed militia, I guess to imply that Democrats are weak? Just absolutely bizarre.

PostPosted: June 23 19, 1:08 pm 
Hall Of Famer

ghostrunner wrote:
This is incredibly disturbing. So the Oregon GOP accounts took a picture of some loggers and truckers peacefully protesting the climate bill and as a joke characterized those supporters (on their own side) as an armed militia, I guess to imply that Democrats are weak? Just absolutely bizarre.

Why would thw GOP do that 'as a joke' knowing how polarized and increasingly violent the environment is? It's not funny in the least.

FWIW, the Oregon Senate was insession this morning, missed their quorum, fined the GOP senators $500, and recessed until tomorrow. But the two sides are in contact with each other. Oregon Live reports the Saturday session was cancelled "for a planned protest by the Three Percenters militia."

Quote:
Continuing to hold floor sessions allows Democrats to keep up pressure on Republicans, who are being fined $500 for each missed session. A floor session scheduled for Saturday morning was canceled, because the Capitol was closed for a planned protest by the Three Percenters militia.

Supporters of the Republican senators gathered at the Capitol on Sunday, but there did not appear to be any problems or interruptions during the brief floor session. Courtney thanked Oregon State Police troopers who provide security at the Capitol and have increased their presence since the walkout. He also thanked the loved ones of Democratic senators and acknowledged they might be worried about the situation.

Multiple Republican senators have left the state so they are outside the jurisdiction of the Oregon State Police. One of them, Sen. Cliff Bentz of Ontario, said by phone on Sunday morning that he remains in Idaho but has moved locations within that state. Bentz said he is pleased the walkout is drawing state and national attention to “one of the biggest issues of our time” — climate change — and to Republicans’ concerns about the emissions capping plan many Democratic lawmakers want to pass to address it.

Bentz said Senate Republicans have continued talking with Democrats throughout the walkout and "there’s never been any doors closed, ever.”

“We’re not just going to get steamrolled,” Bentz said. Republicans had felt as though Democrats were not responding to their concerns but Bentz said the walkout has changed that. “The dynamic changes pretty significantly, and that’s what we’re dealing with right now,” he said.

PostPosted: June 26 19, 9:00 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

Couple of years old - probably already posted somewhere but spotify just found it for me.