GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 19 19, 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: November 5 18, 8:49 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Apologies to CardsofSTL but I'm going to be watching this like a Cardinals' WS Game 7 - I'll be checking in all day long and watching the returns all night.

Most everyone agrees there are a wide number of possible outcomes. I wonder what country we will live in come Wednesday morning?

Poll Closing Times for all 50 states.

538: How to Watch the Midterms: Hour by Hour.

538: Final Senate Update.

538: Final House Update.

538: The Governors' Races.

Thirty-six Million Have Already Voted.

PostPosted: November 5 18, 11:10 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Let's go overthrow the govt!

PostPosted: November 6 18, 12:09 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Krugman: Last Exit Off the Road to Autocracy

PostPosted: November 6 18, 8:43 am 
bronoun enthusiast

I kind of want to retreat to a wilderness sanctuary where I have no cell reception until, like, Friday.

PostPosted: November 6 18, 8:58 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
Heading out to do my civic duty (no early voting in NH). Hope I use the right color ink!

PostPosted: November 6 18, 9:15 am 
Hall Of Famer

I am struck by several people I follow on Twitter and Facebook saying that they helped their parents vote for the first time ever. One guy said his parents are 76 and 75 years old, and had never voted until this year. I doubt it will mean much for the election, but I think it does show how there is a segment of the country that just never ever votes no matter what.

PostPosted: November 6 18, 10:03 am 
Everday Unicorn

I like it, let's have a GDT for this sucker.

Three very red states have massive early voting turnout - what does it mean?

PostPosted: November 6 18, 10:03 am 
bronoun enthusiast

Anecdotally, I'm feeling/hearing/seeing more energy for Democrats than I ever have. It's a little bizarre. AZ is all of a sudden a swing state and all it took was the most virulently anti-mexican, racist President of all time getting elected.

PostPosted: November 6 18, 10:23 am 
Hall Of Famer

thrill wrote:
Anecdotally, I'm feeling/hearing/seeing more energy for Democrats than I ever have. It's a little bizarre. AZ is all of a sudden a swing state and all it took was the most virulently anti-mexican, racist President of all time getting elected.

I love to hear that. But let's see what Diebold has to say this evening.

PostPosted: November 6 18, 10:25 am 
Replies Authoritatively

thrill wrote:

I'm feeling a lot more energy for the process in general. Even here, where the elections are mostly uncontested on the state and local level and the biggest choices are the yes/no votes on judges keeping their seats and water reclamation positions. I've been an early voter for several elections and this year I tried three times at two different libraries each time to vote early and the lines were at least 100 people deep every time. Yesterday at the Bucktown library the line was at least 250 deep at noon, so I went to the Humboldt Park library and it was the same. Never seen that before, usually it's a quick in and out a few days before election day. I voted at the school near my house today, and the people manning the polls in Chicago are usually older people who don't have much personality and seem like they're generally otherwise not very employable, but this year it was all young people. Just seems to be, generally speaking, a higher commitment to the process and the act of voting than I can remember ever seeing before.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next