GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 22 19, 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: April 20 18, 8:45 am 
has a link from 538 to share

This won't pass, but this along with the right not batting an eye when Trump assured Cory Gardner of Colorado he wouldn't go after their decriminalization efforts are newsworthy.

Both are important steps to normalizing the idea of removing marijuana from drug schedule I.

Last edited by Michael on April 20 18, 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: April 20 18, 8:48 am 
99% conan clips

both sides want it! we can heal the nation thru weed!

PostPosted: April 20 18, 8:49 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Maybe it will pass in 2021 with a Dem-controlled White House and Congress. Hopefully then it will be coupled with widespread pardons for every person who is in federal prison for a non-violent marijuana crime.

Which of course will just mean that in 2024 the GOP runs an even further-right-than-Trump wacko who screams about awful black drug dealers being released in to the wild (by 2024 all coding will be gone from GOP mentions of race) and that person (Alex Jones maybe) will be elected President because of the "economic anxiety" of Good Old Fashioned Honest Americans.

PostPosted: April 20 18, 9:05 am 
bronoun enthusiast

Michael wrote:
These are important steps to normalizing the idea of removing marijuana from drug schedule I.

One trip to vegas and this guy turns into johnny weedseed tryin to turn the whole country into a buncha reefer mad looneys.

But seriously folks, weed is great. The tech and science has totally changed the game. Now that I don't have to know a guy and then know another guy when that guy stops selling and then know a guy when that guy stops selling and now that you don't have to know how to load a bong or roll grind flower and roll a joint, it's way more accessible. No more wildly unpredictable results from smoking whatever strain was available in my small town when I was a teen. You can get a strain and strength for whatever you want.

PostPosted: April 20 18, 9:16 am 

thrill wrote:
Michael wrote:
These are important steps to normalizing the idea of removing marijuana from drug schedule I.

One trip to vegas and this guy turns into johnny weedseed tryin to turn the whole country into a buncha reefer mad looneys.

PostPosted: April 20 18, 12:08 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

thrill wrote:
Michael wrote:

But seriously folks, weed is great. The tech and science has totally changed the game. Now that I don't have to know a guy and then know another guy when that guy stops selling and then know a guy when that guy stops selling and now that you don't have to know how to load a bong or roll grind flower and roll a joint, it's way more accessible. No more wildly unpredictable results from smoking whatever strain was available in my small town when I was a teen. You can get a strain and strength for whatever you want.

I’m pro legalization BUT anyone who thinks there aren’t going to be unintended consequences is naive. Hopefully it replaces some alcohol and other leisure drug use. We don’t need a less lucid society.

Also, that puking syndrome is real. I know a pro weed guy, in the biz, who can’t imbibe any more. Well, if he does he puts his health at serious risk.

PostPosted: April 20 18, 12:15 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Guys I think it's already legal for almost all of us on this board, nawmean? I doubt the world will be less claro when like 2% more of the population starts getting high.

This will be a boon to the banking industry who up to now has been frozen out of this biz. FDIC rules preclude them from taking known drug money, and weed is a cash business. It will probably also benefit liquor distributors who are on the front end of moving into distribution.

Again, I hope this will come with the demand that the thousands upon thousands of black Americans who are in prison over non-violent drug crimes are released. That would be the best thing to come of this, even more than all the tax money going into the government.

PostPosted: April 20 18, 12:18 pm 

lukethedrifter wrote:
I’m pro legalization BUT anyone who thinks there aren’t going to be unintended consequences is naive.

At this point we actually have a decent idea of the consequences due to legalization in states. From what I've read, the worst consequence being a slight uptick in car fatalities.

The benefits are significant from a social and financial cost perspective.

PostPosted: April 20 18, 12:23 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Michael wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
I’m pro legalization BUT anyone who thinks there aren’t going to be unintended consequences is naive.

At this point we actually have a decent idea of the consequences due to legalization in states. From what I've read, the worst consequence being a slight uptick in car fatalities.

The benefits are significant from a social and financial cost perspective.

That's more than counterbalanced by the reduction of opiod deaths. in CO. The American Journal of Public Health found a decrease by 6.5% in opiod related deaths there, reversing a 14-year trend.

PostPosted: April 20 18, 2:03 pm 
bronoun enthusiast

lukethedrifter wrote:
Also, that puking syndrome is real. I know a pro weed guy, in the biz, who can’t imbibe any more. Well, if he does he puts his health at serious risk.

Is that really an issue unless you're smoking like the big 'ol doinks in amish guy?

Spoiler: show

Gang.