GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 22 19, 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Author Message
PostPosted: August 9 19, 10:40 am 
Offline
Replies Authoritatively
User avatar

Joined: April 7 13, 9:45 am
Posts: 7229
Location: Chicago, IL
pioneer98 wrote:
I'm sure there is a non-profit somewhere affiliated with the right wing that will get some funding to take care of these kids until Betsy DeVos' friends can adopt them and change their names to like Josh and Kaitlyn. They'll end up in a good Christian home.


Should be a well-funded non-profit right? Since that's the right-wing excuse for low taxes: "hey, we give our money to charities that help, and should be allowed to decide."

In reality their money is out protesting abortion or holding a $300K fundraiser for their kids' private school that already costs $80K/year while these poor kids are crammed in a gym crying.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: August 9 19, 12:01 pm 
Offline
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
User avatar

Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Posts: 21448
Location: Chicago
33anda3rd wrote:
ICE arrested 600+ undocumented workers at food processing plants.

Their kids were left without them, and many ended up getting put in a gym for the night.

None of the owners of the food processing plants was arrested or cited for hiring violations.

Meanwhile Trump made a campaign ad out of going to El Paso and Ohio, were he was demonstrably unwelcome but still was able to cut together a video of his triumphant trip.

This is hell.


This is f*cking sick sh*t being done out of performative cruelty towards no practical end. What did we as a country just gain for making a dozen kids in Mississippi, some of whom might be US citizens, overnight orphans? Are our communities now safer because these workers are getting deported? Are we going to round up and deport the 11 million undocumented immigrants here 600 people at a time?

Did we just create 600 job openings for unemployed US citizens in Mississippi? Who in the [expletive] wants to work in a slaughterhouse? You think native-born Americans want to work in a [expletive] slaughterhouse in rural Mississippi for $10/hour?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: August 9 19, 12:15 pm 
Offline
Replies Authoritatively
User avatar

Joined: April 7 13, 9:45 am
Posts: 7229
Location: Chicago, IL
G. Keenan wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
ICE arrested 600+ undocumented workers at food processing plants.

Their kids were left without them, and many ended up getting put in a gym for the night.

None of the owners of the food processing plants was arrested or cited for hiring violations.

Meanwhile Trump made a campaign ad out of going to El Paso and Ohio, were he was demonstrably unwelcome but still was able to cut together a video of his triumphant trip.

This is hell.


This is f*cking sick sh*t being done out of performative cruelty towards no practical end. What did we as a country just gain for making a dozen kids in Mississippi, some of whom might be US citizens, overnight orphans? Are our communities now safer because these workers are getting deported? Are we going to round up and deport the 11 million undocumented immigrants here 600 people at a time?

Did we just create 600 job openings for unemployed US citizens in Mississippi? Who in the [expletive] wants to work in a slaughterhouse? You think native-born Americans want to work in a [expletive] slaughterhouse in rural Mississippi for $10/hour?


Right, and remember this happens while Trump is out gaslighting the nation pretending to care about Latinx victims of gun violence. He's literally locking them up as he's making those phony BS appearances, thumbs-up with the infant orphan of parents murdered by one of Trump's followers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: August 9 19, 12:29 pm 
Offline
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
User avatar

Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Posts: 21448
Location: Chicago
And yesterday we saw that poor bastard they deported to Iraq who died on the streets there. An Iraqi refugee (created by our war or choice) born in Greece, lived in the United States since 6 months old, picked up by ICE in Detroit and dumped in Iraq -- a country he has never lived in, does not speak the language, and cannot get insulin to treat his diabetes. He died within two weeks of being deported there.

How does deporting that guy make our country better?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: August 9 19, 12:31 pm 
Offline
Replies Authoritatively
User avatar

Joined: April 7 13, 9:45 am
Posts: 7229
Location: Chicago, IL
G. Keenan wrote:
And yesterday we saw that poor bastard they deported to Iraq who died on the streets there. An Iraqi refugee (created by our war or choice) born in Greece, lived in the United States since 6 months old, picked up by ICE in Detroit and dumped in Iraq -- a country he has never lived in, does not speak the language, and cannot get insulin to treat his diabetes. He died within two weeks of being deported there.

How does deporting that guy make our country better?


TRICK QUESTION IT MAKES US GREAT AGAIN(TM)!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: August 11 19, 1:24 pm 
Offline
Replies Authoritatively
User avatar

Joined: April 7 13, 9:45 am
Posts: 7229
Location: Chicago, IL
It's kinda like we could have prevented this....

Spoiler: show


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: August 12 19, 10:09 am 
Offline
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Posts: 24156
Location: St. Louis
Not sure where to put this -now Trump GOP is targeting legal immigrants that receive forms of aid.

Where does this all end? All green carders, should they be nervous?
I have 3 acquaintances that are long time green carders (2 of them, here so long with family etc, I assumed they were citizens)

I worry for them. Any legal infraction they may have may potentially get them booted from their lives, under Trump GOP fascist regime.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: August 12 19, 10:19 am 
Offline
Replies Authoritatively
User avatar

Joined: April 7 13, 9:45 am
Posts: 7229
Location: Chicago, IL
Freed Roger wrote:
Not sure where to put this -now Trump GOP is targeting legal immigrants that receive forms of aid.


If we didn't live in a post-objectivity world this would pretty much eliminate any doubt remaining in people that Trump is a racist. Stuff like this should make it really clear that this is about race, not documentation, legal status, etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group