GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 9 19, 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 63  Next
PostPosted: July 17 18, 8:16 am 
has a link from 538 to share

PostPosted: July 17 18, 11:00 am 
tl;dr

I know this isn't the most popular position in the world and I mean no disrespect to the men and women in the armed forces but I am getting really tired of all of the flag/military humping at professional sporting events. I could not have more respect for the soldiers that put their lives on the line daily in war zones but at the same time, why are they even in any danger? We should not be involved in fighting in the middle east at all. They shouldn't have to put their safety on the line every day but they do because of our [expletive] up need to feed the war machine/defense industries fresh blood to keep it running.

Last night after I got home I started to watch the Home Run Derby (I had it recorded) and the first thing that I saw was an extended tribute to the military with MLB marching out a bunch of service members. Eventually I started wondering why in the hell we don't honor teachers in that manner on a large stage at least once in awhile. Nurses? There are many other large groups in this country that deserve to be honored as well.

Of course it is always centered around the flag. I'm tired of this notion that too many have that says the flag represents the military and nothing else. The flag is supposed to represent our ENTIRE nation. We aren't made up of nothing but service members. There are teachers, nurses, service industry workers, factory workers, office workers and many other professions and types of people in this country. The flag is supposed to represent the entire nation. People need to quit making everything about the military.

I also poked around the official Flag Code and learned that all of those huge flags that cover the entire field during the National Anthem are a violation of the federal code. Section 8 C says that the flag should never be held horizontal. The entirety of section 8 dealing with respect for the flag provides plenty of ammunition to give a hard time to the flag humpers going on about 'disrespecting the flag' and I am seriously considering printing out a copy of the code to keep in my wallet to pull out and just be a general ass to people when they get on my nerves and are wearing flag swimming trunks or something like that.

PostPosted: July 17 18, 11:57 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

tlombard wrote:
I am seriously considering printing out a copy of the code to keep in my wallet to pull out and just be a general ass to people when they get on my nerves and are wearing flag swimming trunks or something like that.

Please do that. I would love to hear how it goes.

PostPosted: July 17 18, 12:49 pm 
tl;dr

G. Keenan wrote:
tlombard wrote:
I am seriously considering printing out a copy of the code to keep in my wallet to pull out and just be a general ass to people when they get on my nerves and are wearing flag swimming trunks or something like that.

Please do that. I would love to hear how it goes.

I'll send pictures from the hospital. I know it will not go well but there are times that I just don't give a poo and get in a mood where I'm annoyed enough to push people's buttons without regard for the consequences... short of a physical fight. I won't go that far.

I normally do stuff like this to my dad's side of the family so at least I don't have to worry about violence. They are definitely my most likely target. My all time record is one of my uncles not talking to me for the final three hours of a family function. It would have been longer but I had to leave. I think that silence would have gone on as long as I stayed even if it was 12 hours. He was so pissed at me for getting him to agree that George Zimmerman had no right to shoot Trayvon Martin and should have gone to jail without him even realizing what he was doing until it was too late. I know I've told that story on here before, probably a couple of times.

PostPosted: July 17 18, 12:53 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

PostPosted: July 18 18, 9:55 am 
'Burb Boy

PostPosted: July 18 18, 9:58 am 
99% conan clips

hah, that's good

PostPosted: July 18 18, 11:06 am 
Consider him admonished

Freed Roger wrote:

Kept those kids from sensing racist and homophobic tweets tho’

PostPosted: July 18 18, 2:49 pm 
has a link from 538 to share

Nightmare fuel:

PostPosted: July 18 18, 3:03 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Michael wrote:
Nightmare fuel:

The orange came off the hands when he was stroking Putin.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 63  Next