GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 19 19, 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: I'm Not Racist......
PostPosted: December 27 17, 2:54 pm 
The Last Word

Extreme language, but worth the watch, in my opinion. Some of you have probably already seen it.

Post subject: Re: I'm Not Racist......
PostPosted: December 27 17, 2:54 pm 
The Last Word

Sorry, I'm stupid. Maybe one of you smart guys can format this for me, if you'd like.

PostPosted: December 27 17, 2:56 pm 
bronoun enthusiast

PostPosted: December 27 17, 3:37 pm 
Hall Of Famer

couldn't take it

....btw, why would you want to post that?

PostPosted: December 27 17, 4:13 pm 
tl;dr

cardinalkarp wrote:
couldn't take it

Did you get to about the halfway point when things flip and the other guy tells his side? I almost stopped it because I was getting irate at the first guy but just to see, I skipped towards the end and saw the other guy's rebuttal or whatever you want to call it. That part was good. The first half just made me want to shove that MAGA hat down the guy's throat as far as I could and then use a cactus to shove it back out from the other side.

PostPosted: December 27 17, 4:23 pm 
Hall Of Famer

tlombard wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
couldn't take it

Did you get to about the halfway point when things flip and the other guy tells his side? I almost stopped it because I was getting irate at the first guy but just to see, I skipped towards the end and saw the other guy's rebuttal or whatever you want to call it. That part was good. The first half just made me want to shove that MAGA hat down the guy's throat as far as I could and then use a cactus to shove it back out from the other side.

Ok, i'll pick it up at the other half...because the I made it about 2 min into the first 1/2 and had to shut it down

Socnorb11, my apologies on my initial response.

PostPosted: December 27 17, 4:59 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

I don't know what we are supposed to discuss here. The video is good and the point is made. If the world were that simple we could fix things. However we know it's not. Those MAGA hat guys are marching in the streets with torches chanting white pride slogans. It's not a simple misunderstanding with them. It's just not. They, and the congressmen that represent them, and their President, want to hurt those not like them. That's blacks, Muslims, Jews, the poor, and I think we can just say Democrats at this point. It's not a misunderstanding, it's a bunch of backwards ass morons rallying and it ends badly for everyone.

It's a neat video, but it misses the mark. I guess it works on your average normal prejudice guy (like myself) but that's it.

PostPosted: December 27 17, 5:09 pm 
The Last Word

Sorry IMA. We don't have to discuss anything. If you think we're better served not talking about racism on this forum, then you're certain entitled to that opinion.

Some may think it's lame. For me it was a feel-good thing.

PostPosted: December 27 17, 6:07 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Socnorb11 wrote:
Sorry IMA. We don't have to discuss anything. If you think we're better served not talking about racism on this forum, then you're certain entitled to that opinion.

Some may think it's lame. For me it was a feel-good thing.

I think it was a good video. As I said it's a good reminder to people like me who have some prejudice but aren't full on racists.

I just am not sure what we discuss as far as fixing racism in our country. We have a racist President who has emboldened the racist. Then when they get called out they basically get to pull the old fake news black people are racist too card and they get a pass.

When it's a multi generational thing and condoned by the people at the top, I don't know where to begin.

PostPosted: December 27 17, 6:08 pm 
The Last Word

I'm not sure where to begin, either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next