GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 6 19, 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
PostPosted: August 7 19, 2:51 pm 
bronoun enthusiast

Gee. I wonder why Tucker Carlson of all people has such a vested interest in convincing people that white supremacy is relegated only to the fringe corners of isolated groups and not a mainstream point of view?

PostPosted: August 8 19, 8:07 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Apparently, ol' Tucker is going to take a spur of the moment vacation.

PostPosted: September 19 19, 8:16 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

Remember that “His Base” is constantly soaking up stuff like this.

PostPosted: September 19 19, 11:26 am 
Perennial All-Star

That's not just patently false from beginning to end, but also utterly irresponsible, despicable and downright dangerous for the well being of trans people everywhere.

Trans people are dying daily. If it's not suicide, it is because some a55hole killed another one.

Quote:
Erasing the truth of trans lives, even in death, is also a demoralizing blow to the trans community. Activist and actress Laverne Cox responded to the ProPublica report on Instagram, recalling a time she contemplated suicide and feared the truth of her life being erased in death:

Quote:
Being misgendered and deadnamed in my death felt like it would be the ultimate insult to the psychological and emotional injuries I was experiencing daily as a black trans woman in New York City, the injuries that made me want to take my own life.

The trauma of being denied a claim to one’s own truth is reason enough to stop the practice of deadnaming and misgendering transgender people. But practically speaking, deadly violence against transgender people, including by suicide, is fueled by this kind of government action that legitimizes anti-trans bias by perpetuating the idea that a trans person’s name and gender aren’t “real.”

Deadnaming isn’t the only government practice contributing to pervasive bias. In many states, it is difficult to impossible for transgender people to update the gender marker listed on their driver’s license or birth certificate. Even where such changes are permissible, many transgender people, particularly transgender women of color, live in poverty and cannot afford to see a doctor to obtain the required documentation to make the change or pay the fees to the agencies that issue identification. Without identification matching their gender, transgender people can be “outed” as transgender in routine interactions at bars, movie theatres, hospitals, or with police. Such interactions can lead to harassment and violence.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/lgbt-rights/c ... eople-rise

PostPosted: October 3 19, 9:40 am 
Hall Of Famer

This is Fox Business, with Kennedy openly mocking Lewandowski in this clip. Still careful to make it about Biden, but it feels like looking behind the Fox curtain for a minute.

PostPosted: October 3 19, 9:43 am 
99% conan clips

freakin kennedy. i just remember her getting berated by marin landau on a movie red carpet thing.

PostPosted: October 17 19, 8:23 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: October 17 19, 8:31 am 
Replies Authoritatively

So impeachment is like SCOTUS seats?

PostPosted: October 17 19, 10:07 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Andrew Johnson was impeached with like 8 or 9 months left in his first term.

But do continue, Professor Yoo, author of the Bush admin's torture memo saying torture was legal. You have a track record of good judgment so we should listen to your thoughts on what the Founding Fathers intended regarding impeachment timelines. Perhaps no one else has read the Constitution closely enough to see the "unless it's an election year" sub clause.

PostPosted: October 17 19, 12:47 pm 
Mayor of GRB

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next