GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently March 21 19, 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Right wing violence
PostPosted: November 19 18, 2:43 pm 
tl;dr

GeddyWrox wrote:
tlombard wrote:
I'm sure Fox and Friends also didn't even bat an eye at the part where he says that it didn't matter because the officials at the jail didn't even send the ballots to the inmates in time for them to vote. That has to be an absolute Constitutional violation right there, denying them their right to vote if they are legally entitled to. I thought the Republicans loved the Constitution above all else?

You're forgetting... they only like certain parts. You know, the 2nd Amendment... everything else is just fluff. Kind of like their favorite quotes in the bible. Everything else can just be ignored.

I wish I was forgetting that but they make it clear every day that they only care about the 2nd Amendment and their freedom of religion. Not everybody else's freedom of religion, THEIR freedom of religion because clearly theirs is the only valid religion, since they seem to think that despite 99% of the writings of the founding fathers on the subject, the actual Constitution, The Treaty of Tripoli and everything else, the US was founded as a Christian nation.

PostPosted: November 21 18, 2:52 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Could be in the Republican thread or the gun thread or the toxic masculinity thread. Anyway, this Trumper is the guy arrested for sexually assaulting several women and murdering one at Catholic Supply in West County.

PostPosted: November 21 18, 3:18 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Wow, that guy's twitter feed is nothing but a far-right circle jerk!

PostPosted: November 27 18, 10:57 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

lukethedrifter wrote:
Could be in the Republican thread or the gun thread or the toxic masculinity thread. Anyway, this Trumper is the guy arrested for sexually assaulting several women and murdering one at Catholic Supply in West County.

Paradoxes abound in this scenario: with handling of Trumper/gun nut's murder/sex assault case.

Sounds like the first high profile case involvement for Stl County prosecutor Wesley Bell (for non Stl people- Bell is from Ferguson, and defeated McCulloch, the long-time former prosecutor. McCulloch orchestrated the Darren Wilson/Michael Brown grand jury cluster [expletive]).

Meanwhile former StL county police chief Fitch is already going public twittering Bell to kick it to the Feds for death penalty consideration. Bell has taken a stance against death penalty btw. Fitch made an arming the teachers comment as chief, after one of the school shootings (can't remember which)-This guy worries me.
Interesting that Fitch and McCulloch - both Catholic, - come flying out of the gate on this calling for death penatly a week later.
Quote:
“God killed lots of people back then,” Fitch said. “He wiped out whole villages and towns, and I get the whole ‘Thou shall not kill,’ but with an individual like this, there are rare instances where someone is just pure evil and they need this penalty.”

Appears to be a political stunt by the old guard against Bell, before he even gets into office. Classy move boys. Will be interesting to see how Bell handles it. So far he seems like the respectful and level-headed one here.
Quote:
“There is only one prosecutor at a time, and right now that prosecutor is Bob McCulloch,” he said. “My deepest condolences are with the family and the victims, but it’s not appropriate to comment whatsoever on any decision prior to me being sworn in, and I want to be mindful and respectful of that.”

PostPosted: November 28 18, 9:25 am 
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of Ferguson:

Another Ferguson Protester Has Died
Quote:
Bassem Masri, a Palestinian-American activist who live-streamed throughout the protests against police brutality and the murder of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, has died. Reports of his death circulated on social media on Tuesday, with other prominent activists and journalists offering condolences and memories about the man, who was known for his strong, outspoken beliefs, and his thoughtful conversation.

Quote:
Masri is one of four Ferguson activists to die in the years since the protests against the killing of Michael Brown. Danye Jones, Deandre Joshua, and Darren Seals have all been found dead since 2014. Jones death was considered by police to be a suicide, but his mother Melissa McKinnies — who is a prominent activist herself — suspected foul play. Joshua and Seals were both found shot to death and set on fire, and neither murder has been solved.

PostPosted: November 28 18, 9:28 am 
bronoun enthusiast

pioneer98 wrote:
Speaking of Ferguson:

Quote:
Bassem Masri, a Palestinian-American activist who live-streamed throughout the protests against police brutality and the murder of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, has died. Reports of his death circulated on social media on Tuesday, with other prominent activists and journalists offering condolences and memories about the man, who was known for his strong, outspoken beliefs, and his thoughtful conversation.

Quote:
Masri is one of four Ferguson activists to die in the years since the protests against the killing of Michael Brown. Danye Jones, Deandre Joshua, and Darren Seals have all been found dead since 2014. Jones death was considered by police to be a suicide, but his mother Melissa McKinnies — who is a prominent activist herself — suspected foul play. Joshua and Seals were both found shot to death and set on fire, and neither murder has been solved.

That's [expletive] up and sad.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist and have no knowledge on the deaths surrounding Ferguson activists, but it occurs to me that this is why celebrity activism, while often annoying as hell, is valuable. If Colin Kaepernick shows up dead by gun shot, people are going to ask questions and want answers.

PostPosted: November 28 18, 9:35 am 
99% conan clips

yeah thats awful and i don't want to read more into it but kinda hard not to

PostPosted: November 28 18, 10:02 am 
Perennial All-Star

I'm FB friends with a bunch of people that new all of these guys (I didn't know them personally). The guy that died yesterday, word is that it was a heart attack. No one was hinting at anything suspicious in this case. The previous three stink to high heaven though. There was definitely something shady going on in all three of those (obviously).

PostPosted: November 28 18, 10:08 am 
Hall Of Famer

Yeah I agree the first 3 deaths were extremely suspicious and are unsolved. This one may turn out not to be. We'll see.

PostPosted: November 28 18, 10:12 am 
Replies Authoritatively

thrill wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:
Speaking of Ferguson:

Quote:

Quote:

That's [expletive] up and sad.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist and have no knowledge on the deaths surrounding Ferguson activists, but it occurs to me that this is why celebrity activism, while often annoying as hell, is valuable. If Colin Kaepernick shows up dead by gun shot, people are going to ask questions and want answers.

Never thought about that, but it's a great point.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next