GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently February 18 19, 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nancy Pelosi
PostPosted: January 17 19, 5:26 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Freed Roger wrote:
mikechamp wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
I would take that trade off of no Trump Fascist Racist SOU, for whatever Pelosi's trip was about

Couldn't Trump just deliver the SOTU at a campaign rally? There's nothing requiring him to give it in Congress, is there?

If the above is true, then yes, I'd want Pelosi reassuring allies abroad that we as a country haven't jumped off the deep end, and that a presidential election is less than 22 months away.

SOTU at campaign rally wouldn't be the same show - obligatory network and radio coverage - guests (family of M-13 victims ) generals, Scotus, etc etc. and Pence and Pelosi as backdrop.

The oversees trip, not sure if that was the purpose, officially.
Could she convey that 22 month left message to NATO and allies without a trip. ? (please please not on a private server)

She could of course do it without going but an in person trip is more formal and serious than a phone call.

PostPosted: January 17 19, 5:35 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

NYT had it as troop visit fwiw

PostPosted: January 17 19, 5:49 pm 
just can't quit you.

IMADreamer wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
mikechamp wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
I would take that trade off of no Trump Fascist Racist SOU, for whatever Pelosi's trip was about

Couldn't Trump just deliver the SOTU at a campaign rally? There's nothing requiring him to give it in Congress, is there?

If the above is true, then yes, I'd want Pelosi reassuring allies abroad that we as a country haven't jumped off the deep end, and that a presidential election is less than 22 months away.

SOTU at campaign rally wouldn't be the same show - obligatory network and radio coverage - guests (family of M-13 victims ) generals, Scotus, etc etc. and Pence and Pelosi as backdrop.

The oversees trip, not sure if that was the purpose, officially.
Could she convey that 22 month left message to NATO and allies without a trip. ? (please please not on a private server)

She could of course do it without going but an in person trip is more formal and serious than a phone call.

Plus she gets to go on a trip to Egypt and Brussels on the Taxpayers dime...

PostPosted: January 17 19, 9:51 pm 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: January 24 19, 6:08 am 
Hall Of Famer

The Fascist blinks. Nancy can stay. She is one tough politician.

PostPosted: January 24 19, 8:54 am 
Hall Of Famer

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
The Fascist blinks. Nancy can stay. She is one tough politician.

OK I had to look up exactly what happened.

After Donald Trump Blinks, Nancy Pelosi Pushes, POTUS Pivots
Quote:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi pushed President Donald Trump via Twitter just before the dawn of Thursday and shortly after POTUS announced he would postpone SOTU and instead deliver “in the near future!” from the House chamber.

Pelosi, who controls the keys to that chamber, had said he would be invited back when the government re-opened; Trump previously punched back, saying she canceled SOTU because she did not want the country to know “the truth.”

“Mr. President, I hope by saying ‘near future’ you mean you will support the House-passed package to #EndTheShutdown that the Senate will vote on” Thursday, she tweeted. “Please accept this proposal so we can re-open government, repay our federal workers and then negotiate our differences.”

Instead of responding, Trump made a sharp pivot Thursday morning.

“A great new book just out, “Game of Thorns,” by Doug Wead, Presidential Historian and best selling author,” Trump tweeted. “The book covers the campaign of 2016, and what could be more exciting than that?”

“Game of Thorns” was published in February of 2017.

I respect Pelosi now more than I did before this. I think this incident gave Trump a glimpse of what the House represents - a diverse population of tens of millions of people that despise him. For Trump, that's like gazing into the abyss.

PostPosted: January 24 19, 9:05 am 
99% conan clips

trump had a funny quote yesterday. he was in cabinet meeting i think and press came in and asked about pelosi etc and he's like "nancy pelosi...or as i call her nancy".

PostPosted: January 24 19, 9:11 am 
bronoun enthusiast

Think he had a sick burn in the chamber and just forgot when the senility kicked in? Or maybe he's just so used to the rhythm of the sick burn following referencing someone's name and he just went with the flow?

PostPosted: January 24 19, 9:33 am 
Hall Of Famer

I wonder why not just cancel it altogether though. It's not necessary and the shutdown is plenty excuse to just say let's do it next year.

PostPosted: January 24 19, 9:46 am 
Hall Of Famer

ghostrunner wrote:
I wonder why not just cancel it altogether though. It's not necessary and the shutdown is plenty excuse to just say let's do it next year.

I’d like that, but presumably the point of the exercise is to change to stakes for Trump from things he doesn’t care about (whether the government functions) to something he does care about (being on tv), so you’ve got to leave that carrot out there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next