GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 21 19, 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Nancy Pelosi
PostPosted: May 21 19, 5:34 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

G. Keenan wrote:
Arthur Dent wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Trump is going to end up self-impeaching.

What does this mean?

It means that, by stonewalling Congress, he is himself building a body of evidence for impeachment, in addition to the evidence of obstruction in the Mueller report. The courts will rule on subpoena compliance case by case. In all likelihood Congress will win those cases. The admin will then have to flout both the Congress and the Legislative branches, at which point the impeachment case becomes all the stronger. Maybe a few more Republicans will even get on board.

It means that Trump is himself basically forcing the House to take up impeachment. If he flouts their oversight, what other choice do they have?

If he's smart, he'll flout for as long as possible, let it play out in court for as long as possible, then comply, play more games, negotiate some more, go back to court, play games with document release, and so on. Basically, stall through 2020 and beyond. Maybe that's his game plan. The Dems should assume that it is and just cut to impeachment. But first, I think they need to at least let these subpoenas play out for another month or so.

IMO, they need to impeach. The Mueller report put the ball in their court, deliberately. They need to take the baton and continue the process. Otherwise, any future President can just bury any DOJ investigation with a stooge attorney general.

++

PostPosted: July 10 19, 3:48 pm 
Hall Of Famer

So what the hell happened here? This is from last September.

Here's what she says about Acosta

What is this accomplishing? They've passed a bunch of bills, which are genuinely good. Nobody knows about it though. The conversation stays on Trump, and the Democrats apparently have nothing substantive to offer on that subject. There were supposed to be a bunch of embarrassing hearings, which keep being held privately and generate almost no media coverage.

You can't say on one hand you're going to hold Trump accountable before an election and then after that election say you need to focus on your legislative agenda.

PostPosted: July 10 19, 6:05 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Dems seem to have convinced themselves that impeaching Trump will help him get reelected.

I don't understand it. Read today that Nixon was at 68% approval rating before impeachment hearings began and we all know how that ended up. I can't understand why they are so afraid of Trump's lock on 30% of the electorate.

PostPosted: July 12 19, 9:50 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Acosta resigns because he gave a sweetheart deal to a billionaire pedophile, Pence is trying to white-wash the concentration camps, and Donald Trump is still Donald Trump. So what are the House Democrats talking about?

Saikat Chakrabarti is AOC's chief of staff. The lack of discipline here from Democratic leadership is mind boggling.

PostPosted: July 12 19, 10:34 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

G. Keenan wrote:
Dems seem to have convinced themselves that impeaching Trump will help him get reelected.

I don't understand it. Read today that Nixon was at 68% approval rating before impeachment hearings began and we all know how that ended up. I can't understand why they are so afraid of Trump's lock on 30% of the electorate.

Impeachment hearings need to start. Get the record and entire GOP on it.

PostPosted: July 12 19, 11:09 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

greenback44 wrote:
The lack of discipline here from Democratic leadership is mind boggling.

The lack of party unity among the youngsters in The Squad is not.

I like their message. I like their wants, they are my wants. But there are 4 of them and they act like there are 200 of them in the House. Primarying someone in a Dem district in a referendum year on Trump does not give you a mandate in the US Congress. Speak your mind, say what you have to say, keep fighting, but when the Speaker asks that you chill with the tweeting that divides the party you tell your chief of staff to chill with the tweeting. It's too vital an election cycle to appear divided.

PostPosted: July 13 19, 7:39 am 
Hall Of Famer

33anda3rd wrote:
greenback44 wrote:

I like their message. I like their wants, they are my wants. But there are 4 of them and they act like there are 200 of them in the House. Primarying someone in a Dem district in a referendum year on Trump does not give you a mandate in the US Congress. Speak your mind, say what you have to say, keep fighting, but when the Speaker asks that you chill with the tweeting that divides the party you tell your chief of staff to chill with the tweeting. It's too vital an election cycle to appear divided.

Are you trying to argue that responding with a dumb hand-clap meme to a two-week old tweet is presenting a united front? If so, this "united" thing only works one way, which is a problem.

PostPosted: July 13 19, 7:51 am 
Replies Authoritatively

greenback44 wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
greenback44 wrote:

Are you trying to argue that responding with a dumb hand-clap meme to a two-week old tweet is presenting a united front? If so, this "united" thing only works one way, which is a problem.

Two ways is Pelosi taking a huge amount of votes from her party against 4 votes from The Squad and going with the huge bloc of votes, then The Squad realizing they have to develop a bigger caucus within their party if they want to secure legislative victories, and not just victories in the form of Tweets that get re-tweeted by 100K people who don't vote in their districts and are prone to "If it's Biden v Trump, [expletive] it, I'll just stay home."

Lack of unity is AOC having no votes for a bill then calling Pelosi racist over it on TV and AOC's COS calling a fellow party member in particular, a Native American at that IIRC, an enabler of racism.

Unless I'm reading this wrong.

PostPosted: July 13 19, 7:57 am 
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, if chill with the tweeting is the message, maybe don’t resurrect a tweet written prior to that decree. This could have been a dead issue in the media. Now it’s huge.

Having said that, he should keep doing what he’s doing and I’d think official accounts are where you want to stay on message. Maybe mention Mike Pence visiting an overcrowded camp and how that’s the administration’s fault.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13