GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently February 16 19, 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nancy Pelosi
PostPosted: November 7 18, 4:00 pm 
Hall Of Famer

I think she should go, but someone needs to come forward to do that.

PostPosted: November 7 18, 4:06 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Arthur Dent wrote:
I think she should go, but someone needs to come forward to do that.

Yeah, perhaps be speaker for now while laying the groundwork for a replacement, then step down 6 months before the next elections for tactical reasons.

PostPosted: November 7 18, 4:10 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Popeye_Card wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:
The reason progressives don't like Pelosi is because the first word out of her mouth after this big win was "bipartisanship". We need to stop these fascists in their tracks, not compromise with them. Democrats should block every single terrible bill Republicans want to push through. That's what Republicans would do if roles were reversed, and what they did do from 2010 to 2016.

So you would rather push a progressive agenda which has very little chance of getting through the house, and no chance of getting through the senate than to attempt bipartisan bills that could do some good in the meantime?

The "party of no" era sucked for everyone. I'd rather not go back.

I don't want to speak for Pioneer, but it doesn't seem like he's advocating dems wasting** their time pushing progressive agendas that have zero chance of going thru now. Being the "Party of no" is their job for now.

**well, I still would like to see them introduce progressive agenda items- just to get the ideas into the public. However, their main task now is representing their electorate, which foremost wants the dems to check the power of the GOP and their frankenstein

PostPosted: November 7 18, 4:28 pm 
Don't tone police me bro!

"bipartisanship" means "what our donors tell us to get done" not "things that voters from both parties want" so it's pretty much meaningless. Will there be bipartisanship on breaking up the big banks or legalizing marijuana or medicare for all? no? STFU then.

PostPosted: November 7 18, 6:27 pm 
Hall Of Famer

thrill wrote:
I don't want AOC as speaker because it does her a huge disservice and the national party won't embrace her agenda, but this:
MAGA wrote:
Ocasio is a meme. No offense to her. But I don't think the intricacies of her politics had very much to do with her winning anything. She's attractive, young, and really just hit all the right buttons at the right time.

is rich coming from you. You're in love with the least qualified politician in American history; a reality television personality who became President. His lack of a politically sound policy is was a feature, not a bug, for people like you.

It’s not even true. Listen to her for more than a sound bite and you hear somebody who’s engaging, polite to those she disagrees with but also forceful in making her own arguments, and has good ideas about how to accomplish her goals politically. She’s way ahead of so many Democrats in terms of understanding how to push liberal ideas in an understandable way. Better and less repetitive than Bernie IMO, though that repetition probably works in his favor.

So she lacks some understanding of Israel and Palestine, and misspoke about unemployment. A few terms in the seat and I think she’ll learn the details she needs to go along with her grasp of politics.

PostPosted: November 7 18, 6:49 pm 
Veteran Player

Her general lack of knowledge is heavily documented. Just google Ocasio clueless. Is stating obvious ideological talking points the criteria for being a good candidate? Maybe it is.

It’s not a knock on her. Politics don’t draw our best. Only the most marketable and conniving.

PostPosted: November 7 18, 6:58 pm 
Don't tone police me bro!

the reason she is a 'meme' among magas and the alt-right is because they have little else in their arsenal to neutralize her and her obviously threatening candidacy other than take her out of context and go hardy har har le pepe frog when she stumbles in an interview or whatever tf they do. its kinda sad.

She's a first term congressman that was a [expletive] bartender last year. of course she doesnt know all of the ins and outs of the israeli palestine conflict. It's her job now to learn, and i have no doubt she'll do so quickly and intelligently

PostPosted: November 7 18, 7:15 pm 
Veteran Player

It raises good questions about who we should be looking for and what makes a good candidate.

If the dems could make a dozen of these happen in 2020, I think they win the hearts of America. There shouldn’t a divide between the entitled political class and regular people

PostPosted: November 7 18, 7:26 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Popeye_Card wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:
The reason progressives don't like Pelosi is because the first word out of her mouth after this big win was "bipartisanship". We need to stop these fascists in their tracks, not compromise with them. Democrats should block every single terrible bill Republicans want to push through. That's what Republicans would do if roles were reversed, and what they did do from 2010 to 2016.

So you would rather push a progressive agenda which has very little chance of getting through the house, and no chance of getting through the senate than to attempt bipartisan bills that could do some good in the meantime?

The "party of no" era sucked for everyone. I'd rather not go back.

Hell I don't know. It's been a long while since my side had a shred of power. I'm not used to this. I'm used to my side getting screwed at every level of government, constantly. I guess if there is some deal to be made that would help immigration or health care or starving people you have to make the deal. Democrats are so bad at making deals though. They start from too close to the center, and then compromise from there. And starting out with "bipartisanship!" is a signal that's what they will do again.

PostPosted: November 7 18, 8:06 pm 
The Last Word

Schlich wrote:
"bipartisanship" means "what our donors tell us to get done" not "things that voters from both parties want" so it's pretty much meaningless. Will there be bipartisanship on breaking up the big banks or legalizing marijuana or medicare for all? no? STFU then.

+++++

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next