GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently June 16 19, 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: "very fine people"
PostPosted: November 13 18, 3:19 pm 
Perennial All-Star

I saw Blackkklansmen, Freed, and yes, it was awesome. I highly recommend it to everyone.

PostPosted: November 14 18, 1:53 pm 
Perennial All-Star

I think this guy might fall into this category, despite the fact he says he doesn't hate black people.

Quote:
Farley said that tension between blacks and whites will certainly lead to violence.

“I don’t hate black people, but I’m just not going to be f***ing walked on,” Farley said. “And guess who’s got all the guns? You think black people have guns? They got a couple little guns. We got f***ing arsenals. It’s f***ing ridiculous. But we’re not going to get walked on.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-reco ... 15735.html

PostPosted: November 14 18, 5:09 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

mikechamp wrote:
I think this guy might fall into this category, despite the fact he says he doesn't hate black people.

Quote:
Farley said that tension between blacks and whites will certainly lead to violence.

“I don’t hate black people, but I’m just not going to be f***ing walked on,” Farley said. “And guess who’s got all the guns? You think black people have guns? They got a couple little guns. We got f***ing arsenals. It’s f***ing ridiculous. But we’re not going to get walked on.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-reco ... 15735.html

Father of the Year.

PostPosted: November 16 18, 3:25 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

PostPosted: November 25 18, 8:58 pm 

Sutter'sBeard wrote:
This is a major reason sane, normal people are flocking to Trump's evil empire. Keep it up and we'll lose again in 2020!

Delayed reaction to this....but how in the ever loving [expletive] are sane normal people bothered by innocuous reactions to an offensive photo, the the level that they'd support racist birther dumb [expletive] Trump.

I realize this caricature of angry liberal mobs marching on Baraboo WI is offensive/ scary enough for some to surrender their votes and manhood to team Trump GOP. Nothing new with this concept. No amount of pander/pussyfooting to these folks will ever change their minds.

PostPosted: November 26 18, 7:54 am 
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Freed Roger wrote:
Sutter'sBeard wrote:
This is a major reason sane, normal people are flocking to Trump's evil empire. Keep it up and we'll lose again in 2020!

Delayed reaction to this....but how in the ever loving [expletive] are sane normal people bothered by innocuous reactions to an offensive photo, the the level that they'd support racist birther dumb [expletive] Trump.

I realize this caricature of angry liberal mobs marching on Baraboo WI is offensive/ scary enough for some to surrender their votes and manhood to team Trump GOP. Nothing new with this concept. No amount of pander/pussyfooting to these folks will ever change their minds.

Correct, you will never change the 25% hardcore Trump a-holes but those are not the ones who won him the election. It's the white male, union worker type that voted blue prior to 2016 that won him the election. Those are the ones that are sick of seeing liberals get offended. Think about it... a likely spontaneous, one second snapshot of some white high school kids in nowhere Wisconsin was the lead news story for half a week. I don't like the photo either but there was a serious lack of perspective of how trivial the story really was.

PostPosted: November 26 18, 8:47 am 
Hall Of Famer

In no way is that a trivial story. 30 or so American boys in a single high school class didn't know better than to do a Nazi salute. That's a serious breakdown and not something I'd have ever expected to see here.

"Sane, normal" people should find that photo repulsive.

Last edited by ghostrunner on November 26 18, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 26 18, 9:52 am 

Meanwhile, trial for the guy who drove his car into the crowd killing and maiming folks starts today. These very fine people are coming from somewhere.

PostPosted: November 26 18, 10:19 am 

Sutter'sBeard wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
Sutter'sBeard wrote:

Correct, you will never change the 25% hardcore Trump a-holes but those are not the ones who won him the election. It's the white male, union worker type that voted blue prior to 2016 that won him the election. Those are the ones that are sick of seeing liberals get offended. Think about it... a likely spontaneous, one second snapshot of some white high school kids in nowhere Wisconsin was the lead news story for half a week. I don't like the photo either but there was a serious lack of perspective of how trivial the story really was.

They will always be sick of liberals being offended. I don't see that ever changing. A stereotype exists of liberals, and it isn't hard to find a ratification of this stereotype, even without the help of media feeding it.

If someone is predisposed to dislike jews or young blacks, they can always find of examples that help their prejudice along. Maybe a lighter analogy; if I don't like Cub fans I can always recall imagery that solidifies this etc etc.

The stereotypical liberal hasn't had real political power in a long while (debatably ever had power). Anyways, am just amazed that this being pissed at liberals overtakes all that the Orange clown does with the aid of the GOP. Then again, maybe I am not.

PostPosted: November 26 18, 11:58 am 
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Freed Roger wrote:
Sutter'sBeard wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
Sutter'sBeard wrote:

They will always be sick of liberals being offended. I don't see that ever changing. A stereotype exists of liberals, and it isn't hard to find a ratification of this stereotype, even without the help of media feeding it.

If someone is predisposed to dislike jews or young blacks, they can always find of examples that help their prejudice along. Maybe a lighter analogy; if I don't like Cub fans I can always recall imagery that solidifies this etc etc.

The stereotypical liberal hasn't had real political power in a long while (debatably ever had power). Anyways, am just amazed that this being pissed at liberals overtakes all that the Orange clown does with the aid of the GOP. Then again, maybe I am not.

Yep, I'm convinced the right takes sides on issues not because they believe it to be the right thing to do but because it will piss off the libs the most (See everything climate related for the last 10 years.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next