GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently April 23 19, 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: "very fine people"
PostPosted: November 26 18, 1:44 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Sutter'sBeard wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
Sutter'sBeard wrote:
This is a major reason sane, normal people are flocking to Trump's evil empire. Keep it up and we'll lose again in 2020!

Delayed reaction to this....but how in the ever loving [expletive] are sane normal people bothered by innocuous reactions to an offensive photo, the the level that they'd support racist birther dumb [expletive] Trump.

I realize this caricature of angry liberal mobs marching on Baraboo WI is offensive/ scary enough for some to surrender their votes and manhood to team Trump GOP. Nothing new with this concept. No amount of pander/pussyfooting to these folks will ever change their minds.

Correct, you will never change the 25% hardcore Trump a-holes but those are not the ones who won him the election. It's the white male, union worker type that voted blue prior to 2016 that won him the election. Those are the ones that are sick of seeing liberals get offended. Think about it... a likely spontaneous, one second snapshot of some white high school kids in nowhere Wisconsin was the lead news story for half a week. I don't like the photo either but there was a serious lack of perspective of how trivial the story really was.

I think the Venn diagram overlap on these is probably pretty high. Labor was the issue that made those voters blue, and when that went away the fundamentalist religion, the racism, the xenophobia, the lack of and fear of education, all the stuff that make an alt-righter an alt-righter was what was left.

PostPosted: December 5 18, 9:05 pm 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

PostPosted: January 25 19, 5:21 pm 
Perennial All-Star

I think this kid is wearing a flag because he couldn't find a shirt big enough to fit him:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/student-punished-wearing-confederate-flag-200525497.html

The guy next to him would need 2 flags.

PostPosted: February 12 19, 11:02 am 
Perennial All-Star

More violence towards the press at the El Paso rally:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-su ... 55973.html

PostPosted: February 12 19, 12:38 pm 
Perennial All-Star

mikechamp wrote:
I think this kid is wearing a flag because he couldn't find a shirt big enough to fit him:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/student-punished-wearing-confederate-flag-200525497.html

The guy next to him would need 2 flags.

Kudos to the principal, but looks like his school needs to spend a good bit more time covering the Jim Crow era and the lost cause of the confederacy.

PostPosted: February 12 19, 4:58 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

mikechamp wrote:
More violence towards the press at the El Paso rally:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-su ... 55973.html

Which, let's not look past one thing, which in that speech that jackass orange moron goes, to paraphrase but not very loosely, "They have a lot of trouble in Virginia. I don't know. I like this guy. He's getting the heat off me." Which if you take someone at their actual word is This guy is racist -> I like this guy -> Finally thank god another public racist and on the other side so I get some breathing room.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8