GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently April 19 19, 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: November 15 18, 1:05 pm 
The Last Word

lukethedrifter wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
Schlich wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:

So what's the point here? To point out that mega-corps suck and there's nothing that we can do about it, for the elventyseventh time?

Back to the original point (Diddy's point), they're giving us exactly what we want (which is kinda the point of bringing up iPhone).

Seems as if maybe I hit a nerve here. Sorry, not sorry.

The point was literally spelled out for you three posts earlier. The sentence even starts with "The point is...."

.......and I've agreed with that point, at least twice in this thread. The subsidies should stop.

I was addressing Pioneer's post, with regard to why we shouldn't buy a book from Amazon. I guess I should have clarified that.

The point is ... to try to make ppl aware of the hidden costs of playing the game.

They give us exactly what we want? Pretty sure “we” want the processors implanted in our head so we don’t have to carry a “phone”. But we do we really want that?
I’ve heard ppl describe the life of a quadriplegic as perfect. Do we really want that?

There are costs to these things just as there are costs for convenience. Some of us are doing a good job of digging around, learning, educating others- pioneer, ghostrunner, thrill et al. Some of us are just good at taking potshots at those who refuse to validly discuss- that would be me. Some of us just like to point out how hypocritical everyone else is- that would be cornbocs.

Your idea of "validly discussing" is to have people blindly give the thumbs-up whenever you post anything. You're right........ that ain't me.

Sometimes I feel like we spend too much time explaining to people how smart we are about these things, and not enough time actually trying to help people.

You want to do something to help? Instead of using the money that Amazon saves you to buy the newest iPhone, give a $50 Amazon gift card to someone who's struggling. Because yeah.... that's absolutely what they want.

PostPosted: November 15 18, 1:30 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Socnorb11 wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
Schlich wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:

So what's the point here? To point out that mega-corps suck and there's nothing that we can do about it, for the elventyseventh time?

Back to the original point (Diddy's point), they're giving us exactly what we want (which is kinda the point of bringing up iPhone).

The point was literally spelled out for you three posts earlier. The sentence even starts with "The point is...."

.......and I've agreed with that point, at least twice in this thread. The subsidies should stop.

I was addressing Pioneer's post, with regard to why we shouldn't buy a book from Amazon. I guess I should have clarified that.

The point is ... to try to make ppl aware of the hidden costs of playing the game.

They give us exactly what we want? Pretty sure “we” want the processors implanted in our head so we don’t have to carry a “phone”. But we do we really want that?
I’ve heard ppl describe the life of a quadriplegic as perfect. Do we really want that?

There are costs to these things just as there are costs for convenience. Some of us are doing a good job of digging around, learning, educating others- pioneer, ghostrunner, thrill et al. Some of us are just good at taking potshots at those who refuse to validly discuss- that would be me. Some of us just like to point out how hypocritical everyone else is- that would be cornbocs.

Your idea of "validly discussing" is to have people blindly give the thumbs-up whenever you post anything. You're right........ that ain't me.

Sometimes I feel like we spend too much time explaining to people how smart we are about these things, and not enough time actually trying to help people.

You want to do something to help? Instead of using the money that Amazon saves you to buy the newest iPhone, give a $50 Amazon gift card to someone who's struggling. Because yeah.... that's absolutely what they want.

Lots of discussion on here, mostly not me. You offer the same “answer” every time. We are hypocrites and you give to poor ppl.
Don’t you tire of hearing yourself pat yourself on the back, saying the same thing over and over?

PostPosted: November 15 18, 2:20 pm 
just can't quit you.

lukethedrifter wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
Schlich wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:

Lots of discussion on here, mostly not me. You offer the same “answer” every time. We are hypocrites and you give to poor ppl.
Don’t you tire of hearing yourself pat yourself on the back, saying the same thing over and over?

Actually help people or make snarky remarks....what to do, what to do.....

PostPosted: November 15 18, 2:27 pm 
All-Star

A: The system is broken.
B: Then you should do XYZ to do your part in fixing the issue.
A: THAT'S NOT THE POINT! I'M ONLY ONE PERSON AND I'M NOT RICH! I CANT FIX IT MYSELF.

A: YOU NEED TO VOTE.
B: I'm only one person.
A: YOU NEED TO VOTE AND DO YOUR PART EVERY VOTE COUNTS!

PostPosted: November 15 18, 2:34 pm 
just can't quit you.

MAGA wrote:
A: The system is broken.
B: Then you should do XYZ to do your part in fixing the issue.
A: THAT'S NOT THE POINT! I'M ONLY ONE PERSON AND I'M NOT RICH! I CANT FIX IT MYSELF.

A: YOU NEED TO VOTE.
B: I'm only one person.
A: YOU NEED TO VOTE AND DO YOUR PART EVERY VOTE COUNTS!

Unless you vote for Geddy....

PostPosted: November 15 18, 2:39 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

wart57 wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
Schlich wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:

You think conjob is the only one who helps ppl? Seriously?

PostPosted: November 15 18, 2:44 pm 
just can't quit you.

lukethedrifter wrote:
wart57 wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
Schlich wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:

You think conjob is the only one who helps ppl? Seriously?

Yes, that is exactly what I believe. Nice job there Sherlock.

PostPosted: November 15 18, 2:56 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

planet planet wrote:
Schlich wrote:
Hasan Minajh's epsiode of Patriot Act (on Netflix) about Amazon is really good, and addresses consumer welfare, AWS, and a lot of the topics in this thread. The whole dang show is good too.

Just watched this tonight. Great stuff, thanks, Schlich!

Yep. the hypocrisy of it/us all gets covered too - pretty much the theme, in his own in a humerous way. Admittedly I am, or at least was fairly ignorant of Amazon and Bezos.

PostPosted: November 15 18, 3:02 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

A: It's crazy taxpayers give billions in corporate welfare to gazillionaires of Apple, Amazon.
B: Do you own an Iphone or use Amazon?
A: Yes
B: Hypocrit.

Some other day -
B: It's outrageous how my friend's girlfriend's stepmom's uncle scams for WIC and disability. (grabs pitchfork)

PostPosted: November 15 18, 3:30 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next