GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 21 19, 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 52  Next
PostPosted: November 19 18, 7:58 am 
All-Star

This is the problem with having “average normal folk” in these positions. She doesn’t know anything.

PostPosted: November 19 18, 8:38 am 
Hall Of Famer

57 states!!!!!!.?!!,omg!

PostPosted: November 19 18, 10:03 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

Diddy wrote:
https://twitter.com/realsaavedra/status/1064340509441720320?s=21

This is the type of deal that people are laughing about. She even later tweeted that she corrected herself in real time. She screws up the three branch’s of the government and doubles down by saying she corrected it in real time, she doesn’t realize what she said wrong. She constantly does things like this that make her come off bad. She probably knows what the three branches of government are but if Trump has said the exact same thing you’d be crucifying him.

I’m not sure whether AOC needs a civics lesson. Maybe she does. OTOH i do know that Ryan Saavedra is NOT a reporter as he claims. He’s a partisan hack. Great follow.

PostPosted: November 19 18, 10:11 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Smith Corks One wrote:
Man...now I can't stop imagining her giving me a beej.

Why sexually objectify an incoming US Congresswoman? Would you say the same thing about this?

Then why say it about Ocasio-Cortez?

PostPosted: November 19 18, 10:17 am 
Perennial All-Star

lukethedrifter wrote:
Diddy wrote:

This is the type of deal that people are laughing about. She even later tweeted that she corrected herself in real time. She screws up the three branch’s of the government and doubles down by saying she corrected it in real time, she doesn’t realize what she said wrong. She constantly does things like this that make her come off bad. She probably knows what the three branches of government are but if Trump has said the exact same thing you’d be crucifying him.

I’m not sure whether AOC needs a civics lesson. Maybe she does. OTOH i do know that Ryan Saavedra is NOT a reporter as he claims. He’s a partisan hack. Great follow.

I don’t have a clue who he is just came on a retweet. Her Twitter responds to it but doesn’t show the video. She does this type of thing often so if your wondering why GOP types are talking about her it’s mostly things like this.

PostPosted: November 19 18, 10:24 am 
Hall Of Famer

Diddy wrote:

Yeah we would be mocking Trump for a goof like that.......but you wouldn't! It's almost like we are both biased toward our side.

PostPosted: November 19 18, 10:29 am 
Hall Of Famer

Diddy wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Diddy wrote:

I don’t have a clue who he is just came on a retweet. Her Twitter responds to it but doesn’t show the video. She does this type of thing often so if your wondering why GOP types are talking about her it’s mostly things like this.

Abby Finkenauer is the same age as AOC and she is easily as unpolished as AOC, but no one is talking about her because she's a run-of-the-mill centrist that the GOP has beaten a million times before, and will very likely beat like a drum in 2020. AOC is something new and different that they have not seen before, and they are scared. That's why they are talking about her constantly. They are trying to find something to take her down, whither it's this thing, her clothes, or whatever. Good luck!

PostPosted: November 19 18, 10:33 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Diddy wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Diddy wrote:

I think it's more because she's young, idealistic, female, brown, and popular with the kids. The GOP's worst nightmare is her inspiring people who look and think and talk like her, who share a similar personal history and upbringing, going out to vote.

PostPosted: November 19 18, 10:33 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

33anda3rd wrote:
Smith Corks One wrote:
Man...now I can't stop imagining her giving me a beej.

Why sexually objectify an incoming US Congresswoman? Would you say the same thing about this?

Then why say it about Ocasio-Cortez?

Can’t we think a woman is hot and still take her totally seriously?

PostPosted: November 19 18, 10:36 am 
Replies Authoritatively

lukethedrifter wrote:
Can’t we think a woman is hot and still take her totally seriously?

Yes.

And we can also keep those thoughts to ourselves to not normalize talking about women like that. If we were around the water cooler with female colleagues would we make those comments? Are those types of jock-ish locker room conversations things that need to be part of the public discussion? Is it possible to understand why people find them kind of offensive? I'm not trying to be a Social Justice Warrior here, just saying that this drags the discourse into the muck.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 52  Next