GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently January 20 19, 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: December 18 18, 11:29 am 
Everday Unicorn

Fat Strat wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
And I'll reiterate a point I've made before here: As a Jewish person, the alignment between fundamentalist rightwingers and Zionism is grotesque to me. Primarily because that support is tied in to a weird, apocalyptic, revelations prophesy wherein me and my family are banished to hell once all the Jews are forcibly relocated to Israel.

I'm not expert on grotesque fundamental dispensationalism, but I think by their views 144,000 of you will be a'ight!

#getanumber

(Actually, it's got to be 143,999, because Jesus will have to skip 666 when he counts you.)

I've never heard of this before. So 144,000 Jews get raptured too? How does that work? What are the criteria? I hope it's not based on staying away from the bacon because...oops.

PostPosted: December 18 18, 11:37 am 
Don't tone police me bro!

heyzeus wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
And I'll reiterate a point I've made before here: As a Jewish person, the alignment between fundamentalist rightwingers and Zionism is grotesque to me. Primarily because that support is tied in to a weird, apocalyptic, revelations prophesy wherein me and my family are banished to hell once all the Jews are forcibly relocated to Israel.

I'm not expert on grotesque fundamental dispensationalism, but I think by their views 144,000 of you will be a'ight!

#getanumber

(Actually, it's got to be 143,999, because Jesus will have to skip 666 when he counts you.)

I've never heard of this before. So 144,000 Jews get raptured too? How does that work? What are the criteria? I hope it's not based on staying away from the bacon because...oops.

If Left Behind is right (lol), 144,000 Jews help rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem or something after the rapture and get taken to heaven after the rapture is over for their good deeds

PostPosted: December 18 18, 11:48 am 
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Schlich wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:
heyzeus wrote:

#getanumber

If Left Behind is right (lol), 144,000 Jews help rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem or something after the rapture and get taken to heaven after the rapture is over for their good deeds

Why is there an lol in your post? Of course Left Behind is right. If Kirk Cameron is wrong, I don't want to be right.

PostPosted: December 18 18, 1:13 pm 
bronoun enthusiast

heyzeus wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:
heyzeus wrote:

#getanumber

12,000 from each of the 12 tribes. Iirc, the criteria is becoming a christian and then moving to Israel to fight in the battle of armageddon. They don't get raptured, but they do get into heaven after.

PostPosted: December 18 18, 1:43 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

This is absolutely insane, offensive, and must be unconstitutional, no?

PostPosted: December 18 18, 3:34 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Tim LaHaye (Left Behind co-Author with Jerry B Jenkins -- anyone ever read a book called Rookie? it's great, really) considers the 144,000 from Rev 7 to be Jews and the 144,000 from Rev 14 to be Christians.