GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently February 19 19, 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2020 Election
PostPosted: February 4 19, 1:32 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

MrCrowesGarden wrote:

Hey Claire, remember how you raced to the middle in November and got boat raced as a bunch of progressive measures passed in Missouri?

Yep.

In an unintentional way, she just Claireified the lesson that dem candidates should take on the voter political mood -you win by doing the work to advance progressivism on issue by issue basis. You lose by feigning GOP lite and promoting platitudes about moderation.

Otherwise a dems only hope in red state is GOPer with a Akinesque* legit rape rap.
The Missouri election, clearly showed that.
*and that is just a hope. It is not a given that an Akin couldnt beat a McCaskill now.

Or what McG said.

PostPosted: February 4 19, 1:53 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

It’s a telling poll question and it and Mo election results should/would guide a smarter politician- or at least a smart pol who gives a crap about people.

The issue clearly is with the word liberal. As for Claire, seems it’s not about the word. She’s a corporatist.

PostPosted: February 5 19, 3:40 pm 
Don't tone police me bro!

Twitter is melting my brain today with this mind numbingly stupid SOTU "controversy"

PostPosted: February 5 19, 4:10 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Schlich wrote:
Twitter is melting my brain today with this mind numbingly stupid SOTU "controversy"

You mean the part where people are angry at Bernie.

PostPosted: February 5 19, 7:35 pm 
Consider him admonished

https://nypost.com/2019/02/05/rep-tulsi ... avid-duke/

Quote:
Democratic presidential hopeful Rep. Tulsi Gabbard has apparently gotten an endorsement she said she can do without — from former KKK leader David Duke.

The 68-year-old white supremacist and former GOP Louisiana state senator plastered a banner on his Twitter page prominently featuring a photograph of the Hawaiian lawmaker.

“Tulsi Gabbard for President,” it blares, along with the tagline: “Finally a candidate who will actually put America First rather than Israel First!”

“Tulsi Gabbard is currently the only Presidential candidate who doesn’t want to send White children off to die for Israel,” the former Grand Wizard tweeted his more than 50,000 followers along with a photograph of Gabbard meeting a US service member and his child.

But Gabbard wasted no time in lashing back at Duke and rejected his backing.

“I have strongly denounced David Duke’s hateful views and his so-called ‘support’ multiple times in the past, and reject his support,” she told The Post in a statement Tuesday.

“Publicizing Duke’s so-called ‘endorsement’ is meant to distract from my message: that I will end regime-change wars, work to end the new cold war and take us away from the precipice of a nuclear war, which is a greater danger now than ever before.”

Gabbard — who is of Samoan heritage — served with the US Army National Guard in Iraq from 2004 to 2005 and was first elected to office in Hawaii in 2013.

The 37-year-old, who announced her White House bid last week, received Duke’s unwelcome endorsement despite several moves signaling her potential support for the Jewish state.

In November 2016, Duke tweeted that Gabbard was a representative of a “political realignment” he hoped to see in the US — and called for Donald Trump to appoint her secretary of state.

She responded: “U didn’t know I’m Polynesian/Cauc? Dad couldn’t use ‘whites only’ water fountain. No thanks. Ur white nationalism is pure evil.”

The following month, she tweeted: “Our movement is one of love/aloha, inclusivity. Duke represents hatred, racism, anti-Semitism, fear. We don’t want his ‘support.’ Period.”

In the early 2000s, Gabbard touted working for her father’s anti-gay organization, which sought to pass a measure against same-sex marriage in her state and promoted controversial conversion therapy.

In a statement to CNN, she said: “First, let me say I regret the positions I took in the past, and the things I said. I’m grateful for those in the LGBTQ+ community who have shared their aloha with me throughout my personal journey.”

Duke also endorsed Trump for president in 2016.

When asked by CNN’s Jake Tapper in February that year whether he’d disavow the former Grand Wizard, the then-Republican candidate said: “Just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke, OK?”

Duke again praised Trump’s presidency after the deadly white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August 2017 in which Trump claimed there were “very fine people on both sides.”

Duke did not immediately respond to a message for comment Tuesday.

PostPosted: February 6 19, 10:34 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Schlich wrote:

If you want to get really heated, read the Twitter feed of this woman, which is basically a daily Bernie takedown. With, admittedly, some stuff in there that is problematic that Bernie didn't face in his primary run in 2016. Now that Bernie is a big thing, a brand, and has had a few years as a big thing, the scrutiny is going to be increased.

I don't know who she is, I searched her name on Google and all I find is links to Twitter.

PostPosted: February 6 19, 10:53 am 
Hall Of Famer

Tim wrote:
https://nypost.com/2019/02/05/rep-tulsi-gabbard-gets-2020-endorsement-from-david-duke/

Quote:
Democratic presidential hopeful Rep. Tulsi Gabbard has apparently gotten an endorsement she said she can do without — from former KKK leader David Duke.

The 68-year-old white supremacist and former GOP Louisiana state senator plastered a banner on his Twitter page prominently featuring a photograph of the Hawaiian lawmaker.

“Tulsi Gabbard for President,” it blares, along with the tagline: “Finally a candidate who will actually put America First rather than Israel First!”

“Tulsi Gabbard is currently the only Presidential candidate who doesn’t want to send White children off to die for Israel,” the former Grand Wizard tweeted his more than 50,000 followers along with a photograph of Gabbard meeting a US service member and his child.

But Gabbard wasted no time in lashing back at Duke and rejected his backing.

“I have strongly denounced David Duke’s hateful views and his so-called ‘support’ multiple times in the past, and reject his support,” she told The Post in a statement Tuesday.

“Publicizing Duke’s so-called ‘endorsement’ is meant to distract from my message: that I will end regime-change wars, work to end the new cold war and take us away from the precipice of a nuclear war, which is a greater danger now than ever before.”

Gabbard — who is of Samoan heritage — served with the US Army National Guard in Iraq from 2004 to 2005 and was first elected to office in Hawaii in 2013.

The 37-year-old, who announced her White House bid last week, received Duke’s unwelcome endorsement despite several moves signaling her potential support for the Jewish state.

In November 2016, Duke tweeted that Gabbard was a representative of a “political realignment” he hoped to see in the US — and called for Donald Trump to appoint her secretary of state.

She responded: “U didn’t know I’m Polynesian/Cauc? Dad couldn’t use ‘whites only’ water fountain. No thanks. Ur white nationalism is pure evil.”

The following month, she tweeted: “Our movement is one of love/aloha, inclusivity. Duke represents hatred, racism, anti-Semitism, fear. We don’t want his ‘support.’ Period.”

In the early 2000s, Gabbard touted working for her father’s anti-gay organization, which sought to pass a measure against same-sex marriage in her state and promoted controversial conversion therapy.

In a statement to CNN, she said: “First, let me say I regret the positions I took in the past, and the things I said. I’m grateful for those in the LGBTQ+ community who have shared their aloha with me throughout my personal journey.”

Duke also endorsed Trump for president in 2016.

When asked by CNN’s Jake Tapper in February that year whether he’d disavow the former Grand Wizard, the then-Republican candidate said: “Just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke, OK?”

Duke again praised Trump’s presidency after the deadly white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August 2017 in which Trump claimed there were “very fine people on both sides.”

Duke did not immediately respond to a message for comment Tuesday.

The right desperately wants to tag the left as being anti-semitic. Granted, there are some on the left that have problems, like there are on the right. But most on the left are just against Israel killing Palestinians and forcibly displacing them from homes.

PostPosted: February 6 19, 11:00 am 
Hall Of Famer

Schlich wrote:

I actually think Bernie kind of messed up. Fairly or not, he is perceived as tone deaf on race issues. He needs to go out of his way to prove otherwise if he is ever going to unite POC with his white supporters. He says the right things on race issues in his speeches, but that is just doing the bare minimum. He needs to show POC more than that to overcome this perception.

PostPosted: February 6 19, 11:24 am 
99% conan clips

wapo released a texas state bar registration form from warren back in the 80s and she listed herself as american indian

PostPosted: February 6 19, 11:40 am 
Veteran Player

Young people do stupid things

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next