GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 25 19, 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 112  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2020 Election
PostPosted: February 6 19, 11:41 am 
Hall Of Famer

Jocephus wrote:
wapo released a texas state bar registration form from warren back in the 80s and she listed herself as american indian

Bezos doesn't want to pay her wealth tax

But seriously...she has not handled this well. Doing that DNA test was ill advised. I actually think it would be better for her to admit a mistake, offer a sincere apology, and move on.

PostPosted: February 6 19, 11:45 am 
99% conan clips

pioneer98 wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
wapo released a texas state bar registration form from warren back in the 80s and she listed herself as american indian

Bezos doesn't want to pay her wealth tax

But seriously...she has not handled this well. Doing that DNA test was ill advised. I actually think it would be better for her to admit a mistake, offer a sincere apology, and move on.

i think she's apologized for this latest thing already and has formally apologized to some tribe(s) but yeah she's hurt herself and it's not even policy stuff.

PostPosted: February 6 19, 12:11 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

By like 2032 the world will be The Crucible manifested into reality and every candidate who runs who is not 100% perfect we will just burn at a stake.

He has $21 million in net worth! For shame! Burn him!

She didn't apologize fully for that thing that 6.5% of us are REALLY outraged about! Burn her!

She refused to use the preferred gender neutral them/they in addressing them! Burn her!

He had an awkward Tinder date! Burn him!

PostPosted: February 6 19, 2:23 pm 
Hall Of Famer

That card just tells me she's been pretty honest that it's a family tale she bought into. Seems like there was nothing to gain from identifying that way on the card.

The DNA test was a bad idea, but the recent apology puts that to bed for me. Enough anyway.

PostPosted: February 6 19, 2:29 pm 
bronoun enthusiast

I really hope this will stop the absurd phenomenon I've been aware of my whole life of white people self-identifying as having native american heritage when they definitely do not (shout out to my lyin ass grandma).

PostPosted: February 6 19, 2:49 pm 
All-Star

So true. I’m astounded by how many grown very white people I’ve met who claim their great uncle twice removed was 1/2 Cherokee or something.

PostPosted: February 10 19, 3:55 pm 
Hall Of Famer

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/mo ... 0-election
Quote:
Amy Klobuchar has laid the grounds for a presidential run on an image of “Minnesota nice.”

But behind the doors of her Washington, DC, office, the Minnesota Democrat ran a workplace controlled by fear, anger, and shame, according to interviews with eight former staffers, one that many employees found intolerably cruel. She demeaned and berated her staff almost daily, subjecting them to bouts of explosive rage and regular humiliation within the office, according to interviews and dozens of emails reviewed by BuzzFeed News.

That anger regularly left employees in tears, four former staffers said. She yelled, threw papers, and sometimes even hurled objects; one aide was accidentally hit with a flying binder, according to someone who saw it happen, though the staffer said the senator did not intend to hit anyone with the binder when she threw it.

This bothers me a lot more than DNA tests or Bernie scheduling a speech at the same time as someone else.

PostPosted: February 10 19, 4:04 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

greenback44 wrote:
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/mollyhensleyclancy/amy-klobuchar-staff-2020-election
Quote:
Amy Klobuchar has laid the grounds for a presidential run on an image of “Minnesota nice.”

But behind the doors of her Washington, DC, office, the Minnesota Democrat ran a workplace controlled by fear, anger, and shame, according to interviews with eight former staffers, one that many employees found intolerably cruel. She demeaned and berated her staff almost daily, subjecting them to bouts of explosive rage and regular humiliation within the office, according to interviews and dozens of emails reviewed by BuzzFeed News.

That anger regularly left employees in tears, four former staffers said. She yelled, threw papers, and sometimes even hurled objects; one aide was accidentally hit with a flying binder, according to someone who saw it happen, though the staffer said the senator did not intend to hit anyone with the binder when she threw it.

This bothers me a lot more than DNA tests or Bernie scheduling a speech at the same time as someone else.

The feminist response that I’ve seen is “you never see this kind of story about a male candidate.” That type of response seems played out.

PostPosted: February 11 19, 9:42 am 
MLB.TV Customer Support

greenback44 wrote:
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/mollyhensleyclancy/amy-klobuchar-staff-2020-election
Quote:

I think this will sort itself out; if she can't keep her campaign staff happy, excited and engaged she'll have trouble.

PostPosted: February 11 19, 11:45 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
thrill wrote:
I really hope this will stop the absurd phenomenon I've been aware of my whole life of white people self-identifying as having native american heritage when they definitely do not (shout out to my lyin ass grandma).

Mine too. Something about grandmas.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 112  Next