GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 23 19, 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 122  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2020 Election
PostPosted: May 3 19, 12:48 pm 
Hall Of Famer

The "uninteresting white guy" pie is getting sliced up all to hell

You could make a Voltron out of the white guys who aren't Sanders, Biden, Pete and Beto at this point, and it would poll at 1%. Who's the penis though? My vote is for Delaney, partly because he's bald. He was also first, so it's honorary as much as anything.

PostPosted: May 3 19, 1:46 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Are you serious? De Blasio?

No dude. No.

PostPosted: May 3 19, 1:55 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

thrill wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
thrill wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
Yes but no because if you conduct yourself like the kind of guy who walks into a McDonald's and orders a pizza and a pitcher of Heineken like it's going to appear for you, and y'all know what I'm talking about here re Bernie and the level of self-assuredness he possesses, you don't really say a lot of humble things about how much you have to learn, you just yell "AND EVERY AMERICAN GETS FREE DUNKIN DONUTS TOMORROW REGARDLESS OF IF THEY'RE ELITE ENOUGH TO AFFORD A BASEBALL GAME AND CARRY A TICKET WITH THE BAGEL ON IT!!!!"

This is straight up gibberish.

It's actually not. Modesty is not his strong suit. Calling out demands like a demented person ordering off menu at a restaurant because "I'm here, I'm cranky, and by gosh I want it" is very much his style. In this analogy the black ladies are the restaurant staff asking if Bernie has a grip on his surroundings--sir, we don't have Lobster Rolls at Olive Garden, you can't just demand that we deliver to you what you are screaming for--and his answer tells them very much "My grip is fine and you need to understand that I forgot more about Lobster Rolls and Olive Garden before you were born than most people will ever know, ok?"

More weird, chain restaurant-based analogies aren't going to help your point be more intelligible.

He's stubborn, pushy, and has a messianic complex in your opinion. That's how you make a point without a bunch of strange food-based nonsense.

except my way is funnier, you just don't care for it because it's critical of the guy you seem to think deserves his messiah complex.

PostPosted: May 3 19, 2:07 pm 
Don't tone police me bro!

the messiah complex/narcissism angle has always cracked me up

PostPosted: May 3 19, 2:17 pm 
bronoun enthusiast

33anda3rd wrote:
except my way is funnier, you just don't care for it because it's critical of the guy you seem to think deserves his messiah complex.

Not at all. I think you, and a lot of Hillary supporters, have a weird revulsion to him that belies your prioritization of virtue signaling and respectability politics over credibility and consistency, and I think you often use 10,000 words when your point would be much more effectively communicated with 10.

Schlich wrote:
the messiah complex/narcissism angle has always cracked me up

The man relegated himself to obscurity for nearly his entire career because he was righteous and correct before almost anyone else was. He achieved positions of great power and influence without compromising his beliefs and actions and he never abused that power for personal gain.

When people accuse him of having a messiah complex, they really are exposing their own discomfort with realizing they haven't always been as progressive as they now consider themselves. That there were people who got there long before them and were doing the hard, lonely and brave work all along.

Last edited by thrill on May 3 19, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: May 3 19, 3:09 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

33anda3rd wrote:
thrill wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
thrill wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
Yes but no because if you conduct yourself like the kind of guy who walks into a McDonald's and orders a pizza and a pitcher of Heineken like it's going to appear for you, and y'all know what I'm talking about here re Bernie and the level of self-assuredness he possesses, you don't really say a lot of humble things about how much you have to learn, you just yell "AND EVERY AMERICAN GETS FREE DUNKIN DONUTS TOMORROW REGARDLESS OF IF THEY'RE ELITE ENOUGH TO AFFORD A BASEBALL GAME AND CARRY A TICKET WITH THE BAGEL ON IT!!!!"

This is straight up gibberish.

It's actually not. Modesty is not his strong suit. Calling out demands like a demented person ordering off menu at a restaurant because "I'm here, I'm cranky, and by gosh I want it" is very much his style. In this analogy the black ladies are the restaurant staff asking if Bernie has a grip on his surroundings--sir, we don't have Lobster Rolls at Olive Garden, you can't just demand that we deliver to you what you are screaming for--and his answer tells them very much "My grip is fine and you need to understand that I forgot more about Lobster Rolls and Olive Garden before you were born than most people will ever know, ok?"

More weird, chain restaurant-based analogies aren't going to help your point be more intelligible.

He's stubborn, pushy, and has a messianic complex in your opinion. That's how you make a point without a bunch of strange food-based nonsense.

I know you did standup but .... it’s not funnier.

PostPosted: May 3 19, 3:52 pm 
All-Star

Anyone can do standup. Every place has open mics every week

PostPosted: May 3 19, 4:24 pm 
Hall Of Famer

thrill wrote:
When people accuse him of having a messiah complex, they really are exposing their own discomfort with realizing they haven't always been as progressive as they now consider themselves. That there were people who got there long before them and were doing the hard, lonely and brave work all along.

Stuff like this is all true, but I think it glosses over how scary [expletive] looked for the Democrats about 30 years ago. They had won one presidential election in the last six, and that was immediately following the first resignation in history (and the tail end of the Vietnam debacle as well). Granted, you ended up with this:

(The context the tweet is Amy K. thinks she can work with Republicans.)

But while Bernie was honeymooning in Moscow, the triangulators served some purpose.

PostPosted: May 3 19, 4:34 pm 
99% conan clips

MAGA wrote:
Anyone can do standup. Every place has open mics every week

how many actually do?

Real easy to turn from dude to chud though

PostPosted: May 3 19, 4:44 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

greenback44 wrote:
thrill wrote:

Stuff like this is all true, but I think it glosses over how scary [expletive] looked for the Democrats about 30 years ago. They had won one presidential election in the last six, and that was immediately following the first resignation in history (and the tail end of the Vietnam debacle as well). Granted, you ended up with this:

(The context the tweet is Amy K. thinks she can work with Republicans.)

But while Bernie was honeymooning in Moscow, the triangulators served some purpose.

Working w Rs is a lost cause. [expletive] them.

Not following the rest. What exactly did the triangulators get accomplished? In context, seems like they got conservative agenda accomplished.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 122  Next