GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 20 19, 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: January 25 19, 11:01 am 
Perennial All-Star

Jocephus wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
I'm surprised anyone's flying right now. I wouldn't.

me neither

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to my flight in a few weeks. Thankfully, it's at sunrise on a weekend when there won't be too many people already at the airport. I'll be ahead of the daily line build-up.

Coming back will be another story, though. That could be absolutely dreadful. It's not going to surprise me if it takes all day.

PostPosted: January 25 19, 11:01 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

cardsfantx wrote:
The whole thing is [expletive] stupid

we don't need a stupid ass wall, but guess what? most of it already exists...billions of dollars have been spent on it since 1994, approved and under the administrations of republican and democrat presidents alike (all of them since then), and most of the existing wall we have today was approved/built under Obama's administration.

so it's not like this is some new thing crazy ass trump is wanting to do.

if I were a democrat in office, I'd just say "sure trump...that campaign promise of a wall? sure, why not? a lot of it's already there; that both sides have approved/built already, so great...it's nothing new. you're an idiot making this sound like this is something new and your idea; it's a waste of money IMO...but both sides have built the dumb thing."

but no...trump's a [expletive] idiot and won't let anything go...and democrats won't approve anything for a wall, WHEN A LOT OF IT ALREADY IS [expletive] BUILT...AND WE APPROVED MOST OF IT.

so let's let the TSA guys making $600 a week suffer...while everyone in congress/senate/POTUS still gets paid.

if anything good comes out of it, it highlights just how many people are living paycheck to paycheck, with little to no savings...you have TSA workers sleeping in their cars at the airport because they can't afford gas to go back and forth to home/work while they're not getting paid.

The Wall is:

A Stupid, not a solution.

B. symbol for the racism under Trump regime....give him his Wall, and when it doesn't work then what does he ask for about brown skin people coming in.

C. Border security budget is bipartisan massive already as you note. Why more?
D. It wouldn't be finished for years and years. Easy to agree to negotiate increases to border security later.

This is 100% on Trump GOP. GOP needs to rein their guy in

Last edited by Freed Roger on January 25 19, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: January 25 19, 11:03 am 
Mayor of GRB

mikechamp wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:

me neither

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to my flight in a few weeks. Thankfully, it's at sunrise on a weekend when there won't be too many people already at the airport. I'll be ahead of the daily line build-up.

Coming back will be another story, though. That could be absolutely dreadful. It's not going to surprise me if it takes all day.

In Atlanta after the Super Bowl, airport officials are suggesting that people may need to stay in the airport for 24-hours prior to their flights.

PostPosted: January 25 19, 11:06 am 
99% conan clips

sighyoung wrote:
mikechamp wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:

me neither

In Atlanta after the Super Bowl, airport officials are suggesting that people may need to stay in the airport for 24-hours prior to their flights.

oh dang, didn't even think about super bowl. what a nightmare that will be if this is still going on

PostPosted: January 25 19, 11:07 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

The cost of shutdown exceeds the cost of the wall. Way to go GOP. You dumb pussies.

PostPosted: January 25 19, 11:11 am 
Hall Of Famer

Federal workers to miss 2nd paycheck if government doesn't reopen by midnight

PostPosted: January 25 19, 11:16 am 
bronoun enthusiast

MAGA wrote:
Sounds like a successful version of Venezuela.

95% dumbass. 5% bad faith.

PostPosted: January 25 19, 11:30 am 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

This could be an out for the Republicans. Pass something, the President refuses to sign it, they say he's not doing his duty and impeach/remove him. Then they get Pence in there who would play ball with them.

Long shot I know but this just seems to be getting worse for the country.

PostPosted: January 25 19, 11:31 am 
Perennial All-Star

cardsfantx wrote:

we don't need a stupid ass wall, but guess what? most of it already exists...billions of dollars have been spent on it since 1994, approved and under the administrations of republican and democrat presidents alike (all of them since then), and most of the existing wall we have today was approved/built under Obama's administration.

if I were a democrat in office, I'd just say "sure trump...that campaign promise of a wall? sure, why not? a lot of it's already there; that both sides have approved/built already, so great...it's nothing new. you're an idiot making this sound like this is something new and your idea; it's a waste of money IMO...but both sides have built the dumb thing."

but no...trump's a [expletive] idiot and won't let anything go...and democrats won't approve anything for a wall, WHEN A LOT OF IT ALREADY IS [expletive] BUILT...AND WE APPROVED MOST OF IT.

so let's let the TSA guys making $600 a week suffer...while everyone in congress/senate/POTUS still gets paid.

if anything good comes out of it, it highlights just how many people are living paycheck to paycheck, with little to no savings...you have TSA workers sleeping in their cars at the airport because they can't afford gas to go back and forth to home/work while they're not getting paid.

The Wall is:

Freed Roger wrote:

that's exactly what I said?

Freed Roger wrote:
B. symbol for the racism under Trump regime....give him his Wall, and when it doesn't work then what does he ask for about brown skin people coming in.

I really don't care how it's perceived/what he asks for when it doesn't work..the wall is already there and most completed under DEMOCRATIC administrations. the govt will be open again, and his ass will be out in a couple years

Freed Roger wrote:
because every administration since 1994 has spent on it/the wall...why the issue now?

Freed Roger wrote:
D. It wouldn't be finished for years and years. Easy to agree to negotiate increases to border security later.

exactly...he'll be out in 2 years. the govt will be back open/people will get paid.

Freed Roger wrote:
This is 100% on Trump GOP. GOP needs to rein their guy in.

disagree completely..trump started it/is the bigger problem by far, but both sides are wrong when it comes to this particular shutdown.

PostPosted: January 25 19, 11:40 am 
Hall Of Famer

cardsfantx wrote:
cardsfantx wrote:

The Wall is:

Freed Roger wrote:

that's exactly what I said?

Freed Roger wrote:

I really don't care how it's perceived/what he asks for when it doesn't work..the wall is already there and most completed under DEMOCRATIC administrations. the govt will be open again, and his ass will be out in a couple years

Freed Roger wrote:
because every administration since 1994 has spent on it/the wall...why the issue now?

Freed Roger wrote:

exactly...he'll be out in 2 years. the govt will be back open/people will get paid.

Freed Roger wrote:
This is 100% on Trump GOP. GOP needs to rein their guy in.

disagree completely..trump started it/is the bigger problem by far, but both sides are wrong when it comes to this particular shutdown.

If Trump wants to increase funding, the amount of wall, or change the strategy, then he should have a bill crafted and bring it before Congress. Don't bring it up after both chambers have already passed a spending bill. Doing it this way shouldn't be rewarded.

It's not simply building new wall. There are lawsuits still pending over lands appropriated for the wall years ago. To expand it would require building walls and grabbing land in areas where the residents don't want it. Every US Rep on the border is opposed to it, including the one Republican.There are considerations Trump either hasn't thought of or doesn't care about.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next