GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently May 19 19, 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: February 25 19, 6:42 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

baseburglerlou wrote:
mikechamp wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
The Green New Deal is probably the best piece of legislation introduced in our country in 20 years.

I think it is in the Top 5 most transformative bills since 1900:

(In no particular order):

The New Deal
Creation of Social Security
Women's/Minority voting rights
Creation of Medicare/Medicaid
Green New Deal

And unfortunately they are all bankrupt.

What in the cousin [expletive] hell are you talking about?

PostPosted: February 25 19, 6:45 pm 
Perennial All-Star

baseburglerlou wrote:
mikechamp wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
The Green New Deal is probably the best piece of legislation introduced in our country in 20 years.

I think it is in the Top 5 most transformative bills since 1900:

(In no particular order):

The New Deal
Creation of Social Security
Women's/Minority voting rights
Creation of Medicare/Medicaid
Green New Deal

And unfortunately they are all bankrupt.

I don't understand how the ability to vote can be bankrupt. And the Green New Deal doesn't technically exist (it hasn't passed anything yet), so it hasn't spent any money in order to obtain bankrupt status.

PostPosted: February 26 19, 8:52 am 
Everyday Player

I didn't think it was necessary to segregate the non-financial legislation, but consider it done.

PostPosted: February 26 19, 10:22 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

baseburglerlou wrote:
I didn't think it was necessary to segregate the non-financial legislation, but consider it done.

Bankrupt or near bankrupt because maybe we don’t have the political will to fund what needs to be funded maybe?
Rich gotta keep getting richer.

PostPosted: February 26 19, 3:23 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

The irony of all the right wing cousin [expletive] hating the new deal is that it's the reason most of them have electricity. Before programs like the TVA huge swaths of America literally had nothing. FDR lifted them out of the stone age and now they hate him for it. It really is hard to fathom how stupid these people are.

PostPosted: March 2 19, 3:39 am 
Perennial All-Star

So many threads this could go in, but I'll put it here:

Quote:
Do Democrats want to take away Americans' hamburgers?

The wild claim about a supposed plot to ban the national food came from onetime White House aide Sebastian Gorka at a conservative political jamboree. The humble ground-beef patty has become ammunition in a US cultural food fight since a Democrat argued Americans should eat fewer of the sandwiches.

Railing against Democrats, Mr Gorka told the Conservative Political Action Conference in Maryland on Thursday: "They want to take your pickup truck. They want to rebuild your home. They want to take away your hamburgers." Perhaps even more dubiously, he added: "This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47394484

Yes, that's exactly right, Gorka. The real Green New Deal is precisely that: Get a rebuilt home in exchange for a pickup truck and a couple of Big Macs.

What a moran.

PostPosted: March 5 19, 12:53 pm 
Hall Of Famer

This is a blog run by a Democrat but I was encouraged so many of the presidential candidates signed on to the GND. I still have my doubts about how seriously some of them will push it if they were to win, but they are at least saying the right things right now.

https://iowastartingline.com/2019/02/22 ... democrats/

Quote:
Several announced and potential presidential candidates have endorsed the concept of the GND. They recognize the GND is bold framework to move away from fossil fuels and replace them with renewables while simultaneously addressing much of the current economic disparity in the American economy.

Sen. Kamala Harris co-sponsored the GND resolution, which she touted as a “bold plan” to address an “existential threat to our nation.”

Former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke has expressed support for the “concept” of a GND.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren signed on as a co-sponsor of the GND and said she supported the “idea” of such a proposal. “Climate change is real, it threatens all of us, and we have no time to waste to address it head-on.”

Sen. Cory Booker, another Senate co-sponsor of the GND, said, “I believe that America should lead, and it should lead boldly,” calling the GND a “bold idea” for the environment and the economy.

PostPosted: March 26 19, 7:05 pm 
All-Star

https://nypost.com/2019/03/26/senate-re ... m-by-dems/

Quote:
Senate rejects Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal in 57-0 vote blasted as a ‘sham’ by Dems

PostPosted: March 27 19, 12:30 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

MAGA wrote:
https://nypost.com/2019/03/26/senate-rejects-ocasio-cortezs-green-new-deal-in-57-0-vote-blasted-as-a-sham-by-dems/

Quote:
Senate rejects Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal in 57-0 vote blasted as a ‘sham’ by Dems

Because it (the vote) was a sham?

PostPosted: March 27 19, 5:43 am 
All-Star

lukethedrifter wrote:
MAGA wrote:
https://nypost.com/2019/03/26/senate-rejects-ocasio-cortezs-green-new-deal-in-57-0-vote-blasted-as-a-sham-by-dems/

Quote:

Because it (the vote) was a sham?

That’s my understanding.

NYPost could’ve been more clear

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next