GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 22 19, 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Beto: Pros and Cons
PostPosted: April 27 19, 7:43 am 
Hall Of Famer

Seems to have some ability to inspire people toward a vague something.

But, while a goofball Senator or two can be tolerated, this guy had his presidential thunder stolen by a mayor from northern Indiana and national exposure has proven he just ain’t suited.

Post subject: Re: Beto: Pros and Cons
PostPosted: April 28 19, 8:36 am 
Replies Authoritatively

That comment is just.....oy. When farm to table restaurants move into food deserts the people who live in the food deserts don't start eating better, they start getting priced out of their neighborhoods as those neighborhoods rapidly gentrify into non-food deserts.

One of Beto's biggest cons is kinda summed up there in a nutshell. He's not a really wise, experienced, knowledgeable policy guy and when he starts speaking to stuff like this he exposes that lack of wisdom.

PostPosted: April 28 19, 2:33 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Like ghost said, Beto has already been out-Beto'd by Mayor Pete. His 15 minutes are over, imo. It was great to watch him push Ted Cruz to the brink in the midterms, but I'd rather he try to depose John Cornyn or something, or run for governor of Texas, than run for President with really no qualifications and not much elected experience.

Also, the more of Beto you take in, the more kind of annoying his mannerisms become. Like Jimmy Stewart snorting Ritalin.

PostPosted: April 28 19, 4:04 pm 
Hall Of Famer

PostPosted: April 28 19, 4:56 pm 
Hall Of Famer

G. Keenan wrote:
Like ghost said, Beto has already been out-Beto'd by Mayor Pete. His 15 minutes are over, imo. It was great to watch him push Ted Cruz to the brink in the midterms, but I'd rather he try to depose John Cornyn or something, or run for governor of Texas, than run for President with really no qualifications and not much elected experience.

Also, the more of Beto you take in, the more kind of annoying his mannerisms become. Like Jimmy Stewart snorting Ritalin.

Oh my, that was good. Need to work in the body sweat somehow.

PostPosted: April 30 19, 10:26 am 
Hall Of Famer

OK. Credit to Beto here.

(I think this was a link to a tweet about his immigration plan - seems to have been deleted)

Last edited by ghostrunner on August 9 19, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 27 19, 2:40 pm 
Perennial All-Star

I learned from the debate last night that Ted Cruz is such a loser that he almost lost to Beto.

PostPosted: August 9 19, 12:56 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Whatever else i've said about Beto, he really finds his voice and strength on these moral issues. It's genuinely stirring and resonant when I hear him talk about issues of race and prejudice. I think he'd make a hell of a preacher, if I was into that sort of thing. Not to say "let's listen to the white guy on race" but I think you do need someone who's able to identify racism and lay it out for other white people. He takes strong, clear positions in ways he doesn't on policy discussions. I've very much felt this past week that this is the guy I remember talking about why football players kneel. It's the only time I hear him talk and think he's saying something I'd want to say.

PostPosted: August 9 19, 1:39 pm 
MLB.TV Customer Support

ghostrunner wrote:
Whatever else i've said about Beto, he really finds his voice and strength on these moral issues. It's genuinely stirring and resonant when I hear him talk about issues of race and prejudice. I think he'd make a hell of a preacher, if I was into that sort of thing. Not to say "let's listen to the white guy on race" but I think you do need someone who's able to identify racism and lay it out for other white people. He takes strong, clear positions in ways he doesn't on policy discussions. I've very much felt this past week that this is the guy I remember talking about why football players kneel. It's the only time I hear him talk and think he's saying something I'd want to say.

Someone on reddit made a comment about how his passion and personality shone thru during his senate campaign that seems to have gotten washed away when he started his national campaign; watered down and so when he focuses on policy he seems flat and wooden.

PostPosted: August 9 19, 2:18 pm 
Hall Of Famer

vinsanity wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:

Someone on reddit made a comment about how his passion and personality shone thru during his senate campaign that seems to have gotten washed away when he started his national campaign; watered down and so when he focuses on policy he seems flat and wooden.

It would do everyone good if he would drop out of the president race and take on Cornyn for the Senate seat next year. Much better chance to win that as close as he got to Cruz last time.