GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 25 19, 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: April 30 19, 6:36 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Worse than the Stanford case

PostPosted: May 1 19, 9:27 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

That sentence is an outrage.

PostPosted: June 10 19, 9:45 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: July 3 19, 7:43 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: July 3 19, 11:01 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Consider narrative and how narrative takes hold. Usually when something has a pattern, and keeps repeating, it then just perpetuates in the media.

“But her emails.” From the Comey letter to everything else, that just kept perpetuating. Clinton was seen as untrustworthy on this email issue and it went round and round and round and never died.

Donald Trump is at best a boorish lout and at worst a criminal sex offender/rapist. That gets NO traction in the media.

It’s a horrible double standard that the Times, Post, et al should correct. A big narrative should be “Donald Trump is a widely-alleged sex offender” the same as Clinton’s emails was an ongoing media story.

This upcoming election, like the 2018 midterms, is going to come down to educated white women as much as it’s going to come down to uneducated white men, and if the journalistic energy given Clinton’s emails was given to Trump’s sexual assault allegations it wouldn’t matter which Dem won the nomination, they’d all be “electable.”

PostPosted: August 14 19, 3:18 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

How is this guy still in office? I would think even a Claire McCaskill-ish opponent could defeat him.
Quote:
GOP Rep. Steve King of Iowa questioned on Wednesday whether there would be any population left on Earth if not for rape and incest, a remark that has drawn condemnation from both Democrats and Republicans.

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled those people out that were products of rape and incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" he said in Urbandale, Iowa, according to video posted online by the Des Moines Register, which was first to report on the remarks Wednesday.

"Considering all the wars and all the rape and pillage that has taken place ... I know I can't certify that I was not a part of a product of that," King said. "I'd like to think that every one of the lives of us are as precious as any other life," he added.

PostPosted: August 15 19, 2:00 pm 

That's right, Steve, you can draw a straight line from Alexander the Great and Ghengis Khan to Iowa in the year 2019. Really, we should be asking ourselves how to promote more raping and pillaging if we as a society hope to still be around 1000 years from now. Unless men like Steve King can force their seed into some conquered farmer's daughter as the corn fields burn and Cedar Rapids smolders on the horizon, our species doesn't have a chance.

PostPosted: August 15 19, 2:02 pm 
bronoun enthusiast

G. Keenan wrote:
That's right, Steve, you can draw a straight line from Alexander the Great and Ghengis Khan to Iowa in the year 2019. Really, we should be asking ourselves how to promote more raping and pillaging if we as a society hope to still be around 1000 years from now. Unless men like Steve King can force their seed into some conquered farmer's daughter as the corn fields burn and Cedar Rapids smolders on the horizon, our species doesn't have a chance.

In the environmental future he is pushing for, yeah, pretty much.

PostPosted: August 15 19, 2:04 pm 

thrill wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

In the environmental future he is pushing for, yeah, pretty much.

Mad Max: Fury Road is the Trump administration taken to its logical extreme.

PostPosted: August 16 19, 2:54 pm 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

Did I miss something? :scratch: