GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 19 19, 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bernie
PostPosted: August 9 19, 4:14 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

33anda3rd wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Another reason he's a good candidate is that he's expanding his audience in ways the other candidates are totally clueless on.

No wonder he's out to such a huge lead in the polls.

Didn't you learn your lesson about polls in 2016

PostPosted: August 9 19, 4:21 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Another reason he's a good candidate is that he's expanding his audience in ways the other candidates are totally clueless on.

Yeah that double-digit lead Biden has on him and his neck-and-neck status with Warren are seriously misleading, he'll probably sweep the primary on his way to a huge general election win. He's just building that audience, y'know? Last time he basically tied in Iowa so the 16% he's running at there now on Selzer's poll (and her poll is the most accurate in IA if not the US) is for sure within the normal +/- of 34 points in polling data because he is on the rise, baby. That Monmouth Poll that has him at 9% and Warren at 19% is for sure reflective of a guy who has built his brand in that state over the last 4 years.

Quick question: when he finishes 3rd in IA, then 8 days later fails to win his home state, then a couple weeks after that finishes somewhere between a distant 2nd and a close 4th in SC.....does he get out? And is it the polls fault?

PostPosted: August 9 19, 5:05 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

33anda3rd wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:

Yeah that double-digit lead Biden has on him and his neck-and-neck status with Warren are seriously misleading, he'll probably sweep the primary on his way to a huge general election win. He's just building that audience, y'know? Last time he basically tied in Iowa so the 16% he's running at there now on Selzer's poll (and her poll is the most accurate in IA if not the US) is for sure within the normal +/- of 34 points in polling data because he is on the rise, baby. That Monmouth Poll that has him at 9% and Warren at 19% is for sure reflective of a guy who has built his brand in that state over the last 4 years.

Quick question: when he finishes 3rd in IA, then 8 days later fails to win his home state, then a couple weeks after that finishes somewhere between a distant 2nd and a close 4th in SC.....does he get out? And is it the polls fault?

I don't give a [expletive] about Iowa.

Watch the interview. And tell me you still don't like Sanders afterwards.

PostPosted: August 9 19, 5:20 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:

I like Sanders a lot. I've got a little Bernie action figure sitting about 3 feet to my right as I type this. I gave the maximum money allowable by law to him in 2016. I like Warren better. So do Iowans, and if she crushes Iowa (I'm road-tripping to the State Fair tomorrow to witness it for the first time, pretty stoked) and does well in NH and NV then Sanders is gonna need to read the writing on the wall and do the right thing and endorse Warren so that we have a progressive who can beat Biden rather than two progressives dividing up the progressive pie and giving Biden the nomination.

PostPosted: August 9 19, 5:51 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:

Is it your goal to be insufferable? #movinggoalposts

PostPosted: August 9 19, 5:56 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

lukethedrifter wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:

Is it your goal to be insufferable? #movinggoalposts

Aren't you the one that acted like "being older" meant something meaningful re: progressive politics?

I didn't care to discuss polling. 33 made a snarky comment and then I did.

Here's a numbers thing for you both: 6,506,086 views. Wonder how many fans he made that were pro-Trump before...

But no let's talk about Corn State's poll numbers.

PostPosted: August 9 19, 6:14 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Aren't you the one that acted like "being older" meant something meaningful re: progressive politics?

I didn't care to discuss polling. 33 made a snarky comment and then I did.

Here's a numbers thing for you both: 6,506,086 views. Wonder how many fans he made that were pro-Trump before...

But no let's talk about Corn State's poll numbers.

Bruh, you're talking YouTube views? Yo, um, remind me, are only people registered and likely to vote in the US able to watch YouTube videos?

And then being condescending about scientific polls of likely voters in the first state to caucus?

Kewl.

Here's Hannity demonizing Miley Cyrus. It got 4.5 million views, maybe it can win the nomination.

PostPosted: August 9 19, 6:16 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

Weird, I don’t remember Trump winning Iowa.

Check the dates on those videos. Check which types of people listen to Rogan...

The same “scientific” polls that had Bernie at 4% in late 2015? Meaningful numbers. About as meaningful YouTube views.

PostPosted: August 9 19, 6:24 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

So if meatheads like Rogan, and meatheads vote Trump, then Bernie reached out to meatheads and.....what? What does it mean that Sanders got 6.5 million views on Rogan That's between 1/5 and 1/4 of the amount of people who saw his speech at the DNC in 2016.

So what? There's nothing scientific or meaningful there, it just confirms a bias that you have that Sanders talking to meatheads will get some voters to go Sanders. So what? He's not running against Trump, he's running against Biden and Warren and Pete and Harris. Are Rogan voters participating in the Iowa caucus? The NH or SC or NV primary? Seriously: so what?

PostPosted: August 9 19, 6:26 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

It’s mid 2019. Again, I don’t give a [expletive] about polls in corn state.

Volatile, meaningless numbers.

Also, I just wanted to post the interview. I don’t care about this debate on polls.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next