GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 17 19, 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: June 3 19, 1:39 pm 
Hall Of Famer

They kept in the provision that allows people from out of state to buy, but out-of-staters can only buy half as much at a time. That's my understanding at least. This is going to make things really weird here in my bi-state metro area. Iowa has some of the harshest weed laws in the country. I'm wondering if cops are just going to set up a sting on the bridges if they want to get in on some of that weed revenue. I guarantee they will make certain people (most likely racially profiled brown people) pay a steep price here in the beginning. That's my fear at least.

PostPosted: June 3 19, 2:45 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Well founded fear

PostPosted: June 3 19, 2:49 pm 
Veteran Player

If you want to grow a few plants at home, though, I think I read that the penalty for getting caught was like a $200 non-criminal citation. Not something I would worry about if I wanted to try it.

PostPosted: June 3 19, 3:47 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Smith Corks One wrote:
If you want to grow a few plants at home, though, I think I read that the penalty for getting caught was like a $200 non-criminal citation. Not something I would worry about if I wanted to try it.

Good to know.

If you have a medical prescription for it I think you can still grow at home.

PostPosted: June 3 19, 4:03 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

pioneer98 wrote:
They kept in the provision that allows people from out of state to buy, but out-of-staters can only buy half as much at a time. That's my understanding at least. This is going to make things really weird here in my bi-state metro area. Iowa has some of the harshest weed laws in the country. I'm wondering if cops are just going to set up a sting on the bridges if they want to get in on some of that weed revenue. I guarantee they will make certain people (most likely racially profiled brown people) pay a steep price here in the beginning. That's my fear at least.

I believe that’s been the story from states bordering Colorado.

PostPosted: June 3 19, 4:09 pm 
Hall Of Famer

heyzeus wrote:
I see your Sufjan reference. And I like it.

Where have your laws gone?
I think about it now

PostPosted: June 3 19, 4:36 pm 
Hall Of Famer

lukethedrifter wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:

With the possibile exception of i-25 north, Colorado borders are pretty rural, so this seems harder. Is it like rural jurisdictions running something like speed traps searching cars or something?

PostPosted: June 3 19, 4:44 pm 
bronoun enthusiast

Arthur Dent wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:

With the possibile exception of i-25 north, Colorado borders are pretty rural, so this seems harder. Is it like rural jurisdictions running something like speed traps searching cars or something?

My experience is extremely anecdotal, but I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary in any border crossings in Washington, California (weirder than usual), Nevada, or Colorado. The Idaho-Washington border on I-90 was one I specifically was on the lookout for because Idaho is definitely not weed friendly and their cops are extremely, shall we say, aggressive, but I didn't see anything that looked like they were targeting people on their way back from dispensaries.

PostPosted: June 3 19, 4:46 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Arthur Dent wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:

Thought I’d seen a story or two over the years about sheriffs in bordering counties making stops.

Anecdotally, my ‘veep of a highly respected Co dispensary’ source says he’s not concerned with flying home with weed but would not drive- fed vs local.

PostPosted: June 3 19, 4:52 pm 
Hall Of Famer

lukethedrifter wrote:
Anecdotally, my ‘veep of a highly respected Co dispensary’ source says he’s not concerned with flying home with weed but would not drive- fed vs local.

I'm confused. Flying involves being searched by Federal authorities. And isn't any state border crossing potentially federal regardless of mode of transportation?

Did you mean to say the reverse i.e. driving stops are probably state charges?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next