GatewayRedbirds.com
http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/

Come On Feel The Illinoise
http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=63592
Page 3 of 9

Author:  Smith Corks One [ June 3 19, 5:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Come On Feel The Illinoise

Arthur Dent wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Anecdotally, my ‘veep of a highly respected Co dispensary’ source says he’s not concerned with flying home with weed but would not drive- fed vs local.

I'm confused. Flying involves being searched by Federal authorities. And isn't any state border crossing potentially federal regardless of mode of transportation?

Did you mean to say the reverse i.e. driving stops are probably state charges?

I've read that, if you're flying out of a state where it's legal, and TSA finds it, the most they will (can?) do is turn you over to local authorities - who will do nothing, since it's legal there. So at most, you're going to lose your weed. On top of that, it's specifically something the TSA website says they're NOT looking for when you go through security - so unless your bag is suspicious in some way or requires further screening for other reasons, they're not going to find it anyway. Of course, the location of the airport you're flying INTO could be a different story, depending on the legality there. But who ever gets searched when leaving a plane or airport? If you're not being totally skeezy, I wouldn't see much risk there. Only carry-on, never checked baggage. And any dogs you ever see at airports are only trained to sniff for explosives.

Now, by no means am I saying that I've ever flown out of California while carrying with complete success.

Author:  lukethedrifter [ June 3 19, 5:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Come On Feel The Illinoise

Arthur Dent wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Anecdotally, my ‘veep of a highly respected Co dispensary’ source says he’s not concerned with flying home with weed but would not drive- fed vs local.

I'm confused. Flying involves being searched by Federal authorities. And isn't any state border crossing potentially federal regardless of mode of transportation?

Did you mean to say the reverse i.e. driving stops are probably state charges?


Feds are/have been hands off re weed. Local sheriffs stopping drivers leaving Colorado not so much.

Author:  33anda3rd [ June 3 19, 6:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Come On Feel The Illinoise

thrill wrote:
My experience is extremely anecdotal, but I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary in any border crossings in Washington, California (weirder than usual), Nevada, or Colorado. The Idaho-Washington border on I-90 was one I specifically was on the lookout for because Idaho is definitely not weed friendly and their cops are extremely, shall we say, aggressive, but I didn't see anything that looked like they were targeting people on their way back from dispensaries.


For black citizens:
IL = (WA + OR ) X 5

Idaho and WA/OR might not be telling since Idaho police have a lot fewer black motorists to profile and feed into the prison system than Iowa police will have.

Author:  33anda3rd [ June 4 19, 9:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Come On Feel The Illinoise

Among the flurry of awesomeness I missed that the general assembly passed the Keep Illinois Families Together Act which forbids local law enforcement from helping ICE out with deportations. It also bars all state and local municipality law enforcement officers from asking a person detained, arrested, stopped about their citizenship status, which also applies to anyone who calls the law for help.

Author:  Jocephus [ June 4 19, 9:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Come On Feel The Illinoise

Quote:
How Legal Weed Is Killing America’s Most Famous Marijuana Farmers

In the forests of Northern California, the regulatory state—not the DEA—is forcing thousands of growers out of business, or back underground.


https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ons-227041

Author:  Freed Roger [ June 4 19, 9:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Come On Feel The Illinoise

33anda3rd wrote:
Among the flurry of awesomeness I missed that the general assembly passed the Keep Illinois Families Together Act which forbids local law enforcement from helping ICE out with deportations. It also bars all state and local municipality law enforcement officers from asking a person detained, arrested, stopped about their citizenship status, which also applies to anyone who calls the law for help.

Wow, thats great. Exact opposite of MO where statewide progressive issue may pass, and then the GOP legislature goes about undermining it

Author:  33anda3rd [ June 4 19, 9:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Come On Feel The Illinoise

Legal booze killed moonshiners. Now plenty of communities involve successful local breweries, distilleries and wineries.

Author:  Freed Roger [ June 4 19, 9:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Come On Feel The Illinoise

Jocephus wrote:
Quote:
How Legal Weed Is Killing America’s Most Famous Marijuana Farmers

In the forests of Northern California, the regulatory state—not the DEA—is forcing thousands of growers out of business, or back underground.


https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ons-227041

Netflix Murder Mountain docuseries seemed to echo this. (Series is decent by the way, but way too long)

Author:  Joe Shlabotnik [ June 4 19, 9:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Come On Feel The Illinoise

Jocephus wrote:
Quote:
How Legal Weed Is Killing America’s Most Famous Marijuana Farmers

In the forests of Northern California, the regulatory state—not the DEA—is forcing thousands of growers out of business, or back underground.


https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ons-227041

Yup - big news uphere in the Rogue Valley just over the border from California. My son has worked in the grows since 2014 or so and has seen the fast changes from illegal to boom to 'jesus, we can't make any money!". Same story.

Author:  Radbird [ June 4 19, 11:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Come On Feel The Illinoise

33anda3rd wrote:
*outside New England there's no such thing as a blue state. There are only red states that have big enough cities to outweigh all the red. That's the secret, IMO, to picking out a place to live when you have that freedom and don't want to live in a big city: pick a state with a huge city that generates jobs, tax revenue, infrastructure. Move to rural WA, OR, IL, NY, CA. Sure, you'll have to put up with rural conservative evangelicals day-to-day, but the highways will be smooth and you can spark a J. Lot better than moving to Atlanta and being governed by the wackjobs.

Living in rural NH going on 2 years now. Not nearly as conservative as expected. A ton less than the rural parts of other states we've lived in - MO, WI, TX, CO.

Page 3 of 9 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/