GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 18 19, 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: June 26 19, 10:30 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

And a female ! Haha.

And good grief the secret service for the Asswipe GOP Clown Show has to be costing taxpayers a gazillion dollars.

PostPosted: June 26 19, 10:47 am 
Replies Authoritatively

She's been put on leave. She'll probably be fired, and she should. Nick can't have an image of "come on in, an old fashioned costs $25, and a lot of you who can afford that might get spat on." I support them firing her, it's the right thing to do. But I also support her act of civil disobedience and her willingness to sacrifice her job to make a point that a lot of people feel about this administration and this family: that they're roughly at the level that spitting on them is ok. Trump has kids in prisons/concentration camps and boasts about sexual assault, he and his family of teat-suckers are not above a good spitting.

PostPosted: June 26 19, 10:51 am 

Would you hire her?

PostPosted: June 26 19, 11:10 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Freed Roger wrote:
Would you hire her?

Tough question. Hiring is the most important thing about the hospitality industry because you can train anyone service (a series of tasks/steps) but you can't teach anyone hospitality (a spirit of welcoming graciousness and true care for the guest and their experience), and hospitality is about 99% of the equation in the restaurant/bar world.

If I thought an interviewee might put a cocktail on the list and call it "Trump Sucks" I'd be ok with that. If I thought an employee would be a prolific Tweeter where she expresses the kind of hostile-to-conservatives views that I often share here, I'd be ok with it. If I thought there was a chance an interviewee would spit on a guest, I'd have to pass though. There's a certain line. If Eric Trump walked in and a server or busser or bartender said to me "I won't serve him, and will leave if you ask me to" I'd respect that. However, I would not put a staff member in that position because I would not welcome Eric Trump. When he arrived, I'd tell him "We won't be able to serve you tonight. We have many employees, including me who find you, your father, and his administration offensive and hostile to us and our values, and you make my team who I rely on and who rely on me highly uncomfortable and therefore much less capable of performing our jobs of hosting our other guests in a comfortable and professional environment. I must ask that you leave and please do not return."

PostPosted: June 26 19, 11:20 am 

What if she signs a Covenant Not to Expectorate?

PostPosted: June 27 19, 7:08 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Freed Roger wrote:
And a female ! Haha.

And good grief the secret service for the Asswipe GOP Clown Show has to be costing taxpayers a gazillion dollars.

Turns out, also: Hispanic, and a bit of a young activist rather than restaurant lifer.

Were I a Hispanic American woman who spent the last several years seeing POTUS insult every woman who is not a sycophant, dismissing multiple rape and other sexual assault allegations, and putting children who look like me in concentration camps, I'd have a hard time not spitting as well, were i to see him or one of his awful offspring in front of me.

PostPosted: June 27 19, 8:51 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Anybody know Frank G from Ballwin, St. Louis, MO? His Yelp review after the incident was cool. One star and...

Quote:
We went after a work function in the city. We walked in around 7:00pm and were basically ignored(1). Getting a drink or a seat was like pulling teeth(2). We really wanted to like this place but the service was horrible. The bartenders ignored you if you went to the bar(3) and the servers looked past you if you asked a question. We felt like we were ignored. Once we got the bill they suddenly wanted to chat because they wanted a tip(4). We won't go back after this terrible service. One of my coworkers asked for a manager and was told the manager was too busy at the moment(5). Unbelievable!(6) We will not be back.

(1) There's a host stand with like 3 people and a manager there at all times. Impossible to walk in and be ignored.
(2) You are either sat because there is space or turned away at the door with a wait time and the promise of a text when your table is ready, you don't come in then try to get a seat. There is no standing/jockeying at this place.
(3) There is literally no bar in this cocktail lounge to approach. The drinks are made in a kitchen and brought to your table.
(4) There is no tipping at The Aviary.
(5) There are like 4 managers on the floor all the time.
(6) There's a lof of unbelievable in this Yelp review, and it's all coming from Frank G.

Charles H from GA was a winner too:

Quote:
The food & service is horrible, waited 10 minutes before a waitress noticed we haven't been waited on yet , brought entree's 1 min after finally being served our salads , entrees we're stone cold by then, was charged for wine we did not order & had to get the manager involved, will not be returning

They sell cocktails and "bites", very small nibbles. No salads. No entrees.

PostPosted: June 27 19, 8:59 am 

Most People from Ballwin don't venture east of 270,... ever. Laughable to think of Frank G heading to that den of liberal inequity- DT Chicago.

Yelp and similar reviews are hilarious - been a while but saw some clever ones RE: Trump brand dumps- i.e. the sheets had burn marks and two holes in them.

PostPosted: June 27 19, 9:18 am 
Replies Authoritatively

This has turned into a RAGING debate on Chicago restaurant and bar professionals' Facebooks and I'm here for it. Everything from "Screw the Trumps, I'd spit on them too, somebody give her my number so I can hire her" to "Guys, we can never forget we're hospitality professionals and it's unacceptable."

PostPosted: June 27 19, 9:37 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

33anda3rd wrote:
Anybody know Frank G from Ballwin, St. Louis, MO? His Yelp review after the incident was cool. One star and...

Quote:
We went after a work function in the city. We walked in around 7:00pm and were basically ignored(1). Getting a drink or a seat was like pulling teeth(2). We really wanted to like this place but the service was horrible. The bartenders ignored you if you went to the bar(3) and the servers looked past you if you asked a question. We felt like we were ignored. Once we got the bill they suddenly wanted to chat because they wanted a tip(4). We won't go back after this terrible service. One of my coworkers asked for a manager and was told the manager was too busy at the moment(5). Unbelievable!(6) We will not be back.

(1) There's a host stand with like 3 people and a manager there at all times. Impossible to walk in and be ignored.
(2) You are either sat because there is space or turned away at the door with a wait time and the promise of a text when your table is ready, you don't come in then try to get a seat. There is no standing/jockeying at this place.
(3) There is literally no bar in this cocktail lounge to approach. The drinks are made in a kitchen and brought to your table.
(4) There is no tipping at The Aviary.
(5) There are like 4 managers on the floor all the time.
(6) There's a lof of unbelievable in this Yelp review, and it's all coming from Frank G.

Charles H from GA was a winner too:

Quote:
The food & service is horrible, waited 10 minutes before a waitress noticed we haven't been waited on yet , brought entree's 1 min after finally being served our salads , entrees we're stone cold by then, was charged for wine we did not order & had to get the manager involved, will not be returning

They sell cocktails and "bites", very small nibbles. No salads. No entrees.

Yelp is a [expletive] scam and Yelp is a [expletive] company. Their business model is to empower delusional perpetually aggrieved losers with way too much time on their hands to say whatever they want about your business, regardless of its truth, and then ask you as a business to pay them money for the right to "moderate" reviews. It's a protection racket.

[expletive] Yelp.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next