GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 6 19, 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: August 14 19, 10:45 am 
Hall Of Famer

G. Keenan wrote:
thrill wrote:
I'm not usually a conspiracy guy, but I think he was a sociopathic narcissist and those kinds of people don't feel actual remorse, let alone kill themselves. I think a lot of people wanted him silenced and because of his fame, his death was the only way to ensure it. I'd put $20 on murder, but I don't feel strongly one way or the other.

Not remorse, just "I've lived a life of extreme luxury and have gotten away with raping underage girls for a few decades. I'm not going to spend the next 20 years in jail waiting to die. If I can't have that life, I'd rather be dead."

But I highly doubt he felt that way. The guy has always gotten away with everything he's ever done. Why would this time be different? I honestly think one reason he would kill himself is if he knew the hit was coming anyway

PostPosted: August 14 19, 10:50 am 
Hall Of Famer

Don't forget that our Attorney General is William Barr, who is overseeing this mess. His dad is Donald Barr, and he

Quote:
was the headmaster of an elite New York City school that hired college dropout Epstein to teach math and physics.

way back at the start of his "career"

https://time.com/5650974/william-barr-jeffrey-epstein/

PostPosted: August 14 19, 10:56 am 
Hall Of Famer

Freed Roger wrote:
Re: Epstein's transhumanism and fixation with scientists and academics. This would definitely not include Trump, who is a verifiable dumb [expletive].

I suspect Epstein & Trump checked each other out to see what they had to offer. That video of the two looks just like that two narcissists rubbing elbows. I am guessing Trump relationship with Epstein involved a hookup or two. But I doubt these narcissists could co-exist for longer term.

Acosta clearly knows a lot more. Trump appointing him, what did that mean other than team Trump likes appointing unethical hacks who can wreck things on his behalf and be leveraged?.

Nah, it wasn't Trump. Not the Clinton's either -jeesh those dumb [expletive] couldn't even defeat dumb [expletive] Trump. I think it was either suicide. Or the Russians did it to wreak more US uncertainty and havoc.

When Epstein opened his "hedge fund", there were like 13 billionaires that immediately "invested" in it, and none of them were named Trump or Clinton. There are some really wealthy people wrapped up in this

PostPosted: August 14 19, 12:27 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Freed Roger wrote:
Anybody see the piece in NYT a week or so ago about his interest in Transhumanism. ? Wanted a sort of a eugenics, master breeding program (iirc, a Jewish friend was alarmed he was interested in master race [expletive])

Personal anecdote: A few years ago I went to an awards dinner for my company where the private equity corporate board members attended. The guy at our table used the opportunity to pontificate about his great business insights in an amazingly ignorant fashion. This was mostly in a trite way, but he also did things like explain how he was eliminating our reliance on hardware by shifting to “the cloud”. It was clear he had no idea what the cloud was — someone had to explain to him that it is rooms with a bunch of computers.

Then it got darker when he started talking about a future elite race that would come into being as the rich began genetically engineering their children. Seemed to have no idea how his audience was reacting. From what I’ve read of Epstein, it seems quite familiar. Rich dude surrounds himself with sycophants who flatter his dumb and often appalling ideas. Day job contributes nothing of value to society but engages in routine casual cruelty to the less powerful around him.

It seems obvious that people like this will justify doing odious [expletive] and covering for each other. That’s clearly what happened in this case, though precisely the degree others were participating rather than just accepting this behavior remains unclear.

Need to scrape the Epstein files and see if the board guy has been named.

PostPosted: August 14 19, 5:28 pm 
Hall Of Famer

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/08/jeffrey-epsteins-bodyguard-igor-zinoviev-on-his-old-boss.html

I gotta stop reading this stuff.

PostPosted: August 14 19, 9:50 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Arthur Dent wrote:

That's a frustrating read. The journalist worked hard enough to track down Epstein's version of Kato Kaelin, and then Nestel asked Igor a bunch of questions about... a four year old interview. And he asked questions about the circumstances of Epstein's (apparent) death, which this schmuck isn't going to know anything about. Nestel pretty much doomed this interview to caginess, which maybe was his point, since that's a good way to get Deadspin's attention.

PostPosted: August 14 19, 10:04 pm 
Hall Of Famer

I agree it doesn’t establish anything exactly but does trigger enormous paranoia in me. And now we have the Washington Post reporting on the autopsy saying the cause of death is undetermined as of now, but the specific fracture is more associated with strangulation than hanging, though not in anything close to a definitive way. Seems like almost every opportunity for this to look extremely suspicious has happened.

PostPosted: August 15 19, 7:18 am 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

greenback44 wrote:
Arthur Dent wrote:

That's a frustrating read. The journalist worked hard enough to track down Epstein's version of Kato Kaelin, and then Nestel asked Igor a bunch of questions about... a four year old interview. And he asked questions about the circumstances of Epstein's (apparent) death, which this schmuck isn't going to know anything about. Nestel pretty much doomed this interview to caginess, which maybe was his point, since that's a good way to get Deadspin's attention.

Kind of tough to interview the guy who was obviously skittish from the very beginning and who hadn't been talking to anyone except possibly the FBI or whatever authorities. Perhaps maybe he shouldn't have even published it because, sure, it doesn't really offer any real information.

But, it's - perhaps as expected - a really odd interview. Igor's obviously scared. Rather that's because he's scared about being killed, scared about implicating himself, worried about his own public perception, or scared for Nestel's well-being, it's not entirely clear. Even through a non-native language, the dudes paranoia is plain as day, no?

Those weren't leading questions, and given the circumstances, it's pretty unfair to expect a Barbara Walters-esque type interview here.

PostPosted: August 15 19, 7:31 am 
Replies Authoritatively

pioneer98 wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
thrill wrote:
I'm not usually a conspiracy guy, but I think he was a sociopathic narcissist and those kinds of people don't feel actual remorse, let alone kill themselves. I think a lot of people wanted him silenced and because of his fame, his death was the only way to ensure it. I'd put $20 on murder, but I don't feel strongly one way or the other.

Not remorse, just "I've lived a life of extreme luxury and have gotten away with raping underage girls for a few decades. I'm not going to spend the next 20 years in jail waiting to die. If I can't have that life, I'd rather be dead."

But I highly doubt he felt that way. The guy has always gotten away with everything he's ever done. Why would this time be different? I honestly think one reason he would kill himself is if he knew the hit was coming anyway

Devil's Advocate: never before has his name been in the news every minute of every day for an extended period of time. He was not getting away with it this time. This is Weinstein X 500.

Speaking of which, Weinstein was TIGHT with the Clintons. Weinstein is accused of rape, Bill Clinton was accused of rape, yet Weinstein is not dead in a jail cell because of What He Knows About Bill Clinton.

PostPosted: August 15 19, 8:36 am 
Hall Of Famer

My brain just keeps going back to Jamal Khashoggi and Alexander Litvinenko. These two guys were killed by very powerful people in a way so that we all know who did it and it sent a message to everyone else to not [expletive] with them. I'm not saying this is what happened with Epstein but I don't think it's that far fetched at all. It might even involve some of the same people as those other incidents.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next