GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 20 19, 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: August 13 19, 7:57 am 
Hall Of Famer

I think that honestly murder vs suicide is about a toss up. I think its entirely possible that the powerful people behind this nightmare are flexing on us. The message is: we are so untouchable we can kill someone in plain sight and get away with it so don’t even think about coming after us. It’s kinda like the mafia. In fact, the idea to get people on tape having sex or raping someone is also a mafia tactic, and it appears that may have been the motive in a lot of instances with this one.

PostPosted: August 13 19, 8:18 am 
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

It wouldn't surprise me too much if Trump's team had him murdered, but framed it to look like the Clintons were responsible. That looks especially curious when Trump starts publicly pushing Clinton conspiracy theories already.

PostPosted: August 13 19, 11:26 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Guys, the dude just hung himself. He had every motivation to do so. Again, I think we have this idea that "suicide watch" (which he apparently was not even on) is some kind of foolproof system. This is a jail that is apparently very understaffed. All Epstein needed to kill himself was a pair of pants and 30 minutes of nobody checking on him.

Is it possible that Trump or someone else had him murdered? Yes, but that is very unlikely. Why not kill Paul Manafort or Michael Cohen if that's how he rolls?

PostPosted: August 13 19, 12:02 pm 
Hall Of Famer

G. Keenan wrote:
Guys, the dude just hung himself. He had every motivation to do so. Again, I think we have this idea that "suicide watch" (which he apparently was not even on) is some kind of foolproof system. This is a jail that is apparently very understaffed. All Epstein needed to kill himself was a pair of pants and 30 minutes of nobody checking on him.

Is it possible that Trump or someone else had him murdered? Yes, but that is very unlikely. Why not kill Paul Manafort or Michael Cohen if that's how he rolls?

If he were killed, I am not even sure Trump is the guy that phoned it in. Trump is a phony wealthy guy. There are other guys out there that have true wealth, and will cut your and my throat to protect it. Those are the guys that are at risk of being exposed. When those kind of guys are at risk of being exposed in Russia, dudes in the UK suddenly die of radiation poisoning.

PostPosted: August 13 19, 12:20 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

The important thing was for GOP Trump to say Clinton did it first.

PostPosted: August 13 19, 1:28 pm 
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

G. Keenan wrote:

To be clear, I think it is most likely that it was simply a suicide.

That said, Trump killing Manafort, Cohen, or anyone else associated with his legal troubles would be too obvious. Having Epstein killed, and being able to successfully link it back to the Clintons (or at least keep that conspiracy raging) gives him all kinds of ammo for the upcoming election. He still loves running against Clinton. Look at how revved up his crowds get to lock Hillary up over emails--just think how crazy they will go over locking her up for MURDER!, to cover up for her pedophile husband!

PostPosted: August 13 19, 1:42 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Even if it is a suicide, it is still suspicious as hell.

This whole thing is a difficult exercise in mental restraint in that I know it is easy to believe things that are emotionally appealing and end up extrapolating way beyond the evidence, but also what's in the straight news reporting is already pretty wild.

PostPosted: August 13 19, 1:47 pm 
bronoun enthusiast

I don't have an issue with people skeptical of this conspiracy, but I do have an issue when the same people will acknowledge the myriad conspiracies around Putin but dismiss this one out of hand. If the Trump era should have taught us anything, it's that we're not special or better in any way.

The man was actively creating sex blackmail through some of the most complex, global-scale sex trafficking & surveillance we've ever seen with a list of some of the most rich and famous people in the world.

PostPosted: August 13 19, 2:25 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

thrill wrote:
I don't have an issue with people skeptical of this conspiracy, but I do have an issue when the same people will acknowledge the myriad conspiracies around Putin but dismiss this one out of hand. If the Trump era should have taught us anything, it's that we're not special or better in any way.

The man was actively creating sex blackmail through some of the most complex, global-scale sex trafficking & surveillance we've ever seen with a list of some of the most rich and famous people in the world.

For the record, I'm not dismissing it out of hand. I just don't think a hit man was sent into the jail to kill him and make it look like a suicide. More likely that somebody in the federal prison system moved a few guard shifts around so that Epstein, who may well have already been feeling suicidal, would have opportunity to do their dirty work for them.

How's this for you? Epstein was a Russian agent whose mission was to gain leverage over rich and powerful people in America and elsewhere by plying them with underage girls and using that for blackmail to extract favors as needed. I've seen The Americans. That's how the KGB gets down.

PostPosted: August 13 19, 2:48 pm 
bronoun enthusiast

I'm not usually a conspiracy guy, but I think he was a sociopathic narcissist and those kinds of people don't feel actual remorse, let alone kill themselves. I think a lot of people wanted him silenced and because of his fame, his death was the only way to ensure it. I'd put $20 on murder, but I don't feel strongly one way or the other.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next