GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 20 19, 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: August 10 19, 8:56 am 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

More proof there is no justice in this world.

PostPosted: August 10 19, 9:09 am 
Hall Of Famer

IMADreamer wrote:
More proof there is no justice in this world.

That's my take as well. Reading those depositions and knowing the slap on the wrist he got for abusing so many young girls. Disgusting.

PostPosted: August 10 19, 9:09 am 
Mayor of GRB

pioneer98 wrote:
There are still a ton of rumors and people are going to run wild with that. But for the names mentioned in these documents at least, they are credible allegations at this point. A guy was arrested and they gathered evidence and witnesses, and witnesses named some names. These names weren't made up by Alex Jones or something.

Those documents and their revelations are going to keep us busy for months, I think. Not only did Epstein and his cronies do horrible things, but they've made cynical mountebanks like Alex Jones seem credible.

PostPosted: August 10 19, 9:25 am 
Hall Of Famer

sighyoung wrote:
Sure, a lot of people wanted Epstein dead, but he wanted to kill himself, too, and I doubt many of the guards would have cared enough to want to intervene, beyond protecting their own jobs.

Popehat has this wrong. It's pretty well understood that our jails and prisons are brutal. Many people are simply indifferent, and a sizeable chunk of the population actively prefers an inhumane carceral system. Some of this is a symptom of racism, but it's also pretty [expletive] hard to have sympathy for the the Jeffrey Epsteins of the world. Deflection is not the reason for these particular conspiracy theories.

PostPosted: August 10 19, 10:42 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

greenback44 wrote:
sighyoung wrote:
Sure, a lot of people wanted Epstein dead, but he wanted to kill himself, too, and I doubt many of the guards would have cared enough to want to intervene, beyond protecting their own jobs.

Popehat has this wrong. It's pretty well understood that our jails and prisons are brutal. Many people are simply indifferent, and a sizeable chunk of the population actively prefers an inhumane carceral system. Some of this is a symptom of racism, but it's also pretty [expletive] hard to have sympathy for the the Jeffrey Epsteins of the world. Deflection is not the reason for these particular conspiracy theories.

You’re saying he’s wrong in suggesting Americans wouldn’t be okay with the inhumane conditions in most prisons? I definitely agree. Don’t think our hearts are in it re the 8th.

PostPosted: August 10 19, 10:46 am 
Hall Of Famer

sighyoung wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:
There are still a ton of rumors and people are going to run wild with that. But for the names mentioned in these documents at least, they are credible allegations at this point. A guy was arrested and they gathered evidence and witnesses, and witnesses named some names. These names weren't made up by Alex Jones or something.

Those documents and their revelations are going to keep us busy for months, I think. Not only did Epstein and his cronies do horrible things, but they've made cynical mountebanks like Alex Jones seem credible.

Yep. Here is a conspiracy theory I heard. I don't endorse it, but I find it interesting. The theory says that the whole QAnon conspiracy was done on purpose to put out elaborate lies (like JFK Jr. is still alive and working to unmask this whole thing!) in order to "poison the well". So that when true things came out that were outrageous, they would get lumped in with these lies and nobody would know what to believe. The CIA and military has actually done things like that in other countries. Not sure I buy it but like I said, it is kinda interesting. Even if it was not done on purpose, the whole QAnon thing may achieve the same result. This theory also reminds me of some of the stuff Russia has tried doing in this country.

PostPosted: August 10 19, 3:21 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Guys Trump isn't involved, he actually tried to report Epstien to the police but the deep state stopped him.

Literally the right wing talking point today. This country is [expletive] beyond belief. I'm ready to leave.

PostPosted: August 10 19, 3:40 pm 
All-Star

Someone embed this tweet where Trump accused Obama of killing an official in a plane crash to keep his Kenya secret. On account of I can't figure it out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtr ... 73?lang=en

PostPosted: August 10 19, 5:14 pm 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
Someone embed this tweet where Trump accused Obama of killing an official in a plane crash to keep his Kenya secret. On account of I can't figure it out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtr ... 73?lang=en

PostPosted: August 10 19, 5:17 pm 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

pioneer98 wrote:
sighyoung wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:

Yep. Here is a conspiracy theory I heard. I don't endorse it, but I find it interesting. The theory says that the whole QAnon conspiracy was done on purpose to put out elaborate lies (like JFK Jr. is still alive and working to unmask this whole thing!) in order to "poison the well". So that when true things came out that were outrageous, they would get lumped in with these lies and nobody would know what to believe. The CIA and military has actually done things like that in other countries. Not sure I buy it but like I said, it is kinda interesting. Even if it was not done on purpose, the whole QAnon thing may achieve the same result. This theory also reminds me of some of the stuff Russia has tried doing in this country.

That's not a conspiracy. Flooding people with disinformation is an old tried and true tactic that has been used for years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next