GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 22 19, 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: August 1 19, 7:02 pm 
Hall Of Famer

G. Keenan wrote:
Warren
Biden
Williamson

This is worse than when you pretended to like Paris Hilton

PostPosted: August 2 19, 9:28 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

ghostrunner wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Warren
Biden
Williamson

Pretended? Haha, seriously though, I have enjoyed her role in the debates as a sort of Greek chorus on the edge of the stage going off on these soliloquies about the power of love and dark psychic energy.

PostPosted: August 2 19, 11:18 am 
Hall Of Famer

G. Keenan wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Warren
Biden
Williamson

Pretended? Haha, seriously though, I have enjoyed her role in the debates as a sort of Greek chorus on the edge of the stage going off on these soliloquies about the power of love and dark psychic energy.

Yeah. I’m a bit conflicted, because she brings up good points that nobody else does. But then she’s a kook and a piece of me worries about elevating her. Mostly I think she’s harmless and there’s no problem with her being in these first two debates.

PostPosted: August 2 19, 11:43 am 
gone fission

G. Keenan wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Warren
Biden
Williamson

You just want a trip to New Zealand, don't you?

PostPosted: August 2 19, 11:48 am 

ghostrunner wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Warren
Biden
Williamson

Yeah. I’m a bit conflicted, because she brings up good points that nobody else does. But then she’s a kook and a piece of me worries about elevating her. Mostly I think she’s harmless and there’s no problem with her being in these first two debates.

She is free to say things in a way that the other candidates can't without risking their "serious politician" persona. She's right when she says that Trump has reached into the psychology of his base and is manipulating their passions using fear and resentment. They absolutely know he is full of sh*t and they simply don't care. They just revel in it.

We are so far past policy squabble or left vs. right politicking. Congress is doing absolutely nothing with Mitch McConnell controlling the Senate except pumping out extreme right judges. The Executive Branch is running wild and neither the Judicial nor Legislative branches have shown that they can be a real check on that. He has to be defeated in the hearts and minds of the American people and the race and fear mongering he uses to keep the GOP in his thrall must be shown to be a failing strategy. It needs to be confronted head on.

Last edited by G. Keenan on August 2 19, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 2 19, 11:49 am 

Swirls wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Warren
Biden
Williamson

First call of her Presidency! LOL.

PostPosted: August 2 19, 11:49 am 
gone fission

ghostrunner wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Warren
Biden
Williamson

Yeah, no way she qualifies for the next round, as she has neither the donors nor the poll percentages.

As of right now, only 8 have qualified and the rest have until essentially the end of August. I think the only other ones with a shot are Gabbard (has the polls but not the donors), Castro, and Yang (both have the donors but not the polls).

Biden
Sanders
Warren
Harris
Buttigieg
O'Rourke
Booker
Klobuchar (just made it last night)

PostPosted: August 2 19, 11:50 am 
gone fission

G. Keenan wrote:
Swirls wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Warren
Biden
Williamson

First call of her Presidency! LOL.

I loved Gillibrand's response to that question. The first thing she is going to do as President is Clorox the Oval Office LOL.

PostPosted: August 2 19, 12:36 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Williamson is delightfully kooky sometimes, but she's taken some really, really awful and harmful positions in the past. Doesn't matter that she spoke coherently about what's happening in Flint. Wouldn't care if she was flung into outer space.

PostPosted: August 2 19, 3:44 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

ThatGuy wrote:
Williamson is delightfully kooky sometimes, but she's taken some really, really awful and harmful positions in the past. Doesn't matter that she spoke coherently about what's happening in Flint. Wouldn't care if she was flung into outer space.

I thought she did better in the debate, compared to her entry status, than anyone else. But. Her stances on stuff like AIDS and vaccinations are highly anti-science and she is a complete non-starter as a nominee for POTUS. It's BS that Anderson Cooper in the post-debate interview or moderators in the debate don't ask about her anti-vaxxer silliness while they are hyper-critical of the higher-profile candidates like Warren and Bernie.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next