GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 7 19, 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: August 6 19, 12:26 pm 
Hall Of Famer

G. Keenan wrote:
Trump is not gonna debate anyone, guys. I'm calling it now. There will be no 2020 general election presidential debate this time around.

There probably won't be a 2020 general election. Or at least one that is honored if he loses.

PostPosted: August 6 19, 1:08 pm 
MLB.TV Customer Support

G. Keenan wrote:
Trump is not gonna debate anyone, guys. I'm calling it now. There will be no 2020 general election presidential debate this time around.

So open town halls for the DNC candidate? The right candidate would relish in the attention and be less likely to make a gaffe if it was curated enough. I think they'd still get watched.

PostPosted: August 6 19, 2:27 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

vinsanity wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

So open town halls for the DNC candidate? The right candidate would relish in the attention and be less likely to make a gaffe if it was curated enough. I think they'd still get watched.

The Dem nominee should debate Alec Baldwin as Trump. That would be great.

PostPosted: August 6 19, 2:41 pm 
MLB.TV Customer Support

G. Keenan wrote:
vinsanity wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

The Dem nominee should debate Alec Baldwin as Trump. That would be great.

Put that on PPV with funds going to the candidates coffers? I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: August 6 19, 3:27 pm 
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

G. Keenan wrote:

I just don't buy it with his ego, a chance to wield the microphone on TV, and call his opponent stupid names? When has he ever taken the high road? Dude likes to mud wrestle.

PostPosted: August 6 19, 5:11 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Bernie is the only one who'd debate Trump well.

Jesus Christ, just stop with this [expletive] nonsense.

Warren showed better in the last debate than Sanders. She had the “why go into government if you’re ok with the way things are” line. She was the most well-spoken, composed defender of the shared values she and Bernie share. She’s a better debater than Sanders because she’s a more composed person.

PostPosted: August 6 19, 5:12 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

G. Keenan wrote:

He likes to argue and to be on national TV way too much to not do a debate.

Also if he doesn’t the Dem nominee gets to call him a p*ssy repeatedly, and he won’t go for that.

PostPosted: August 6 19, 9:10 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

planet planet wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

I just don't buy it with his ego, a chance to wield the microphone on TV, and call his opponent stupid names? When has he ever taken the high road? Dude likes to mud wrestle.

Yeah, he wants to "debate. " unencumbered by any truth or reality. Opponent would have to act like a child to defeat him. Black people love me Hispanics love me. The economy is great.

I'd like to see the dem say [expletive] off, I am not debating a habitual liar.

PostPosted: August 7 19, 10:07 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
I don't agree with Bernie's support of HRC.

I don't even agree with his entire stance. But I will not vote for a war-hungry, occupation-supporting democrat like the stooges alongside Bernie.

So the Dems should go left or the DSA should rise up and be the leftist voice in a society with representational democracy and live with the growing pains and sacrifices.

That's all I'll say on that. Back to topic.

What would you suggest for people left of center that are mired in Red States?

MO wasn't always the way it is now. And the progressive ballot issues passed last by alot (medical marijuana, defeated right to work, Clean act -addressing gerrymandering, ethics rules for politicians ) . County Prosecutor that oversaw Ferguson travesty was defeated by a progressive.

The problem is the utter dominance in the statehouse. 71%. And Trump winning by large margin has us in a state of political acquiescence here.

My view is progressive dems need to primary out the McCaskills and HRC and Lacy Clay candidates. But when that doesn't happen-what next?
Even if likely to lose, in red state isn't it better to oppose the GOP stranglehold, victory margin with Claire, and gasp- HRC.?

Does a progressive feel they can't have any more influence over a centrist dem than Trump GOP fascism ? Are progressives that non-influential?(push poll type question, I admit)

Now it seems, people in MO becoming like Russians in Putin-esque elections- where its better to give up, or side with the winners, or go full-on 3rd party underground.

BTW-you should have seen the Dem's governor candidate. He could have won, because MO GOP establishment wasn't a fan of amoral Greitens hording the state donor grift. The dem was shady as Ef and had "conservative" in his ads. A real work. Made Nixon look like a progressive leftist. But he was all MO had as any sort of leverage.

Now the state right just demonizes PP, appoints polluters to Clean Water board. Trying to sell off state public lands. Liberalizing access to guns. Etc etc. We suck.

PostPosted: August 7 19, 1:43 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Texas Democrats (some) suggesting Beto drop his presidential run and take on Cornyn in the Senate. I like that idea a lot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next