Round 2 Discussion Thread

Topics for the 2017 cover song tournament.
Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Re: Round 2 Discussion Thread

Post by Gashouse »

Suggestion: If possible/feasible - include original versions. People who submitted the songs could maybe help out with that. I don't know all of the songs, so I have no idea what to compare it to. Sometimes I have to just judge on which song I like better because I'm not familiar at all with either original. On one hand, that's an OK way to compare the songs, but OTOH, a comparison to the original can be nice. I could do it myself, but I'm too lazy to look up all of them.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Gashouse wrote:Suggestion: If possible/feasible - include original versions. People who submitted the songs could maybe help out with that. I don't know all of the songs, so I have no idea what to compare it to. Sometimes I have to just judge on which song I like better because I'm not familiar at all with either original. On one hand, that's an OK way to compare the songs, but OTOH, a comparison to the original can be nice. I could do it myself, but I'm too lazy to look up all of them.
Yeah, I can do that. Once we drop to the Sweet 16 there will be a lot fewer to look up.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

So BW23 won his first two matches in the Round of 32, but he'll be facing off against himself in the Sweet 16...

So no matter what, one of his songs will be going down next round!

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

First set of Round of 32 matchups are over. I'll get the last half of them up later this afternoon.