sir roger moore has died

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Jocephus
99% conan clips

sir roger moore has died

Post by Jocephus »

perhaps goofy but a good bond i think

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Re: sir roger moore has died

Post by Famous Mortimer »

He treated the role a little casually towards the end, but he seemed like a fun guy. RIP.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

I will miss his submarine Lotus...

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

I'm old enough to remember him in The Saint, too. I don't think his strengths (irony, amusement, a dry wit) fit well with the Bond franchise, especially since his Bond had an upper-class polish, unlike, say, Connery's menace. But given the right vehicle, he was a charming, even self-deprecating actor who added fun to his roles.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

sighyoung wrote:I'm old enough to remember him in The Saint, too. I don't think his strengths (irony, amusement, a dry wit) fit well with the Bond franchise, especially since his Bond had an upper-class polish, unlike, say, Connery's menace. But given the right vehicle, he was a charming, even self-deprecating actor who added fun to his roles.
He was definitely not the James Bond of the novels, but he was fun in the role and made it his own.

st.lewis11
Hall Of Famer

Post by st.lewis11 »

wart57 wrote:
sighyoung wrote:I'm old enough to remember him in The Saint, too. I don't think his strengths (irony, amusement, a dry wit) fit well with the Bond franchise, especially since his Bond had an upper-class polish, unlike, say, Connery's menace. But given the right vehicle, he was a charming, even self-deprecating actor who added fun to his roles.
He was definitely not the James Bond of the novels, but he was fun in the role and made it his own.
I enjoyed him as Bond

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

It's amazing that the Bond role has been around since the 1960's and he's the first Bond actor to pass away. He's the Bond that I've seen the littlest of his movies. Just his movies seem so silly that I haven't really sought out watching them. He made it to 89 so being able to successfully beat cancer at that age wasn't highly likely, he had a good run.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

JoeMcKim wrote:It's amazing that the Bond role has been around since the 1960's and he's the first Bond actor to pass away. He's the Bond that I've seen the littlest of his movies. Just his movies seem so silly that I haven't really sought out watching them. He made it to 89 so being able to successfully beat cancer at that age wasn't highly likely, he had a good run.
He's the oldest Bond. He was actually Ian Fleming's choice to be the original Bond, but the producers preferred Connery.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

I've never seen a James Bond movie. /secrets

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »