GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 22 17, 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 69  Next
PostPosted: August 10 17, 7:08 am 
Next Gen Wart

Swirls wrote:
thrill wrote:
On the preview it looks like he's standing on the beach when she parks Drogon right in front of him and then he's in the map table room giving a debrief about Bran's vision of the army of the dead marching on East Watch. Dany & Varys are visible in fram. He says Bran "saw" because he's still obviously uncomfortable explaining the supernatural aspects of his story, despite dragons, resurrection, wights, white walkers, wargs, and the 3 eyed raven.

Does Jon know Bran is back, though? He arrived at Winterfell after Jon had left. As far as he knows (to my knowledge), Bran is dead.

He knows that Bran is alive. A few season ago Samwell Tarly ran into Bran heading back from the wall and told Jon that he saw him before he left to Oldtown. This is show-canon only. In the books this didn't happen.

Jon doesn't know that Bran is in Winterfell unless a raven tells him.

PostPosted: August 12 17, 7:33 pm 
Fringe Major League Player

thrill wrote:
On the preview it looks like he's standing on the beach when she parks Drogon right in front of him and then he's in the map table room giving a debrief about Bran's vision of the army of the dead marching on East Watch. Dany & Varys are visible in fram. He says Bran "saw" because he's still obviously uncomfortable explaining the supernatural aspects of his story, despite dragons, resurrection, wights, white walkers, wargs, and the 3 eyed raven.

Hmm that will definitely require either a long raven letter or some convenient truths from Jon. I feel like they're going to keep the pedal pretty hard to the floor if all of this was just what was coming up in next week's episode. We need Jon back north of the wall in less than three hours though I guess :shrug

PostPosted: August 14 17, 8:06 am 
-go birds

slow but good episode:

-confirmation of R+L was legit (pretty much)
-"thought you might still be rowing"
-dat hammer tho
-3rd dragon rider

Is littlefinger creating a rift between Arya and Sansa? I didn't catch what was on the scroll. I reckon thats what going on and i gotta admit, im growing tired of littlefinger's storyline. Just [expletive] kill him off already. He's another name on an evergrowing list of show-fluff i wish theyd just do away with.

PostPosted: August 14 17, 8:10 am 
bronoun enthusiast

go birds wrote:
Is littlefinger creating a rift between Arya and Sansa? I didn't catch what was on the scroll. I reckon thats what going on and i gotta admit, im growing tired of littlefinger's storyline. Just [expletive] kill him off already. He's another name on an evergrowing list of show-fluff i wish theyd just do away with.

It was the raven Sansa wrote under duress to Robb asking him to bend the knee so Ned's head would be spared and he could take the black.

"Written in Sansa's hand but Cersei's voice."
-Cat Stark at Winterfell

Arya played the game of faces with Sansa. "You want their loyalty in case Jon doesn't come back so you can have what you've always wanted. You don't want to feel that way but you can't help it."

I think Arya is going to play the game of faces with LF, he's going to fail, she's going to see right through his ploy to alienate Sansa's siblings/new, powerful allies to re-ally herself only to LF, and she's going to slit his throat. Hopefully wearing the face of that mysterious girl that she saw LF talking to. Hopefully in front of Sansa so she can pull the face off and scare some loyalty and healthy fear into her sister.

PostPosted: August 14 17, 8:21 am 
All Hail the New GDT Master

Someone definitely needs to kill Little Finger...haven't liked him since he was mayor of Baltimore in The Wire.

PostPosted: August 14 17, 8:27 am 
bronoun enthusiast

CardsofSTL wrote:
Someone definitely needs to kill Little Finger...haven't liked him since he was mayor of Baltimore in The Wire.

He was a scumbag from way back. Cheated on his wife with his campaign manager with the great rack.

PostPosted: August 14 17, 8:36 am 
Hall Of Famer

That note seems like such a weird thing to use as a wedge. If Littlefinger thinks that will work, he comes off as stupid. Arya falling for it makes no sense. For one she's too skillful at this point to be hoodwinked this easily, but is she really going to blame teenage Sansa? I'm hoping this turns out to be Arya or both her and Sansa playing Littlefinger. Kind of a cheap storytelling trick to hide that, but it seems like the only sensible explanation.

PostPosted: August 15 17, 8:39 am 
has a link from 538 to share

The nerd in me loves this (spoiled for size):

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: August 16 17, 7:35 am 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

Man, HBO has really dropped the ball this season regarding protecting their stuff. Was it Episode 4 that was hacked and released a couple days early, and now HBO Spain made Episode 6 available on demand last night so of course it's on the internet now. Also, there is a youtube channel that must have the damn script for the season because it's predicted with incredible accuracy everything that's happened prior to it happening. Luckily I did not watch this but stumbled upon it after the fact.

I guess with this much interest it is probably inevitable. But....still.

PostPosted: August 16 17, 8:12 am 
Hall Of Famer

Michael wrote:
The nerd in me loves this (spoiled for size):

Spoiler: show

This group is awesome, but it's going to bug me the whole time that the "capture a wight to convince Cersei" plot is dumb.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 69  Next